SI has Ron Leary listed as a Cap casualty

Pants

Reaction score
so, if they cut hm, he got his money already, right? sign him to a vet minimum deal and call it a day (yeah, right)

Carson

Reaction score
so, if they cut hm, he got his money already, right? sign him to a vet minimum deal and call it a day (yeah, right)

Correct. Regardless of him being cut, Denver has to pay him $20 million.

Techsass

Reaction score
I just thought it was weird that he was already being called a Cap hit casualty.

btcutter

Reaction score
If he is a cap casualty I have some serious concerns over his health.

Which mean we made the right call letting him go in FA.
But IF he's recovered from last year injury won't hurt bring him back for a look and see.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I'd bring him back on a friendly deal...can't hurt.
He's an up-grade over Cooper,knows the system...played well here.
We could still target an OG later in the draft.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Maybe this is why............If our top LG targets are gone by 50 and Bronco have drafted Nelson, why offer one our comp 4th to bring him back home. We can quickly restructure his deal to a lower number with a little more guarantee.

http://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/draft2018.php
http://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/images/fball/broncosb_logo.gif Denver Broncos: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame http://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/college/NotreDame_logo.gif
The Broncos are one of the front-runners to acquire Kirk Cousins. John Elway is going to push hard for him, and Cousins has expressed desire to play there. This mock draft will assume that Cousins goes to Denver.

If quarterback is out of the picture at No. 5 overall, I believe this pick will be Quenton Nelson. This may seem a bit too early for a guard, but Nelson is the best player in this class behind Saquon Barkley. Besides, the Commanders used the fifth-overall selection on Brandon Scherff several years ago, and that panned out. Denver desperately needs to improve its blocking, and Nelson is the only prospect worth taking at No. 5

Last edited:

diefree666

Reaction score
I'd bring him back on a friendly deal...can't hurt.
He's an up-grade over Cooper,knows the system...played well here.
We could still target an OG later in the draft.
concerns about his health means he might no longer be all that good

cowboyec

Reaction score
concerns about his health means he might no longer be all that good
agreed.
but if he checks out healthy...he was really good when we had him.
Im not against taking a OG at 19...or in the mid-rounds....AND Im not against finding a veteran f/a to up-grade the OL.
If Leary is healthy and affordable,he is an up-grade over Cooper...who is coming off his 2nd knee injury....should be ready to return by...what...August?

diefree666

Reaction score
agreed.
but if he checks out healthy...he was really good when we had him.
Im not against taking a OG at 19...or in the mid-rounds....AND Im not against finding a veteran f/a to up-grade the OL.
If Leary is healthy and affordable,he is an up-grade over Cooper...who is coming off his 2nd knee injury....should be ready to return by...what...August?

all indications were that Coopers knee injury was minor and should have no permanent effects. Give him more time working with the others and he will be good enough.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he is a cap casualty I have some serious concerns over his health.
Coming out of college, Leary was known to have a bad knee. That probably played a role in the Cowboys not signing him. And I would be cautious if he’s released this soon by Denver.

Reactions: G2