SI high on Cowboys and Giants to make the playoffs

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
One season, only one division, the AFC East, had a champ repeat. The NFC East hasn't had a repeater in 17 years.

It really is a year to year league and hard for the majority of teams to sustain a good run.

NFC East is not anymore Beast , it varies from Least to average, but interesting thing is nobody repeated as NFC East champ for 17 years. Meaning very little differentiate the teams , of those only NYG has went on and had a deep playoff run.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I was about 15 I got a Sports Illustrated subscription from my parents as a birthday gift. I remember watching the mailbox like a hawk for the swimsuit edition every year. Didn’t want my mom to get it first.
Before the SI issue, it was the Sears catalogue with the bra and panty ads. If that was around today and I spent as much time ogling it as I did as kid, I'd be getting a mailbox full of "see something you like"? emails.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The assumption is the Commanders will be there in the end...and they may. But it would not shock me if they are overhyped and the Giants and Cowboys make the playoffs. Hell wouldn't shock me if only one of them made the playoffs either.

garyo1954

Reaction score
The assumption is the Commanders will be there in the end...and they may. But it would not shock me if they are overhyped and the Giants and Cowboys make the playoffs. Hell wouldn't shock me if only one of them made the playoffs either.

Washington is the fly in the ointment. Rivera has the defense. By his accounting his mistake was picking Haskins without a true QB competition last year. This year he says there will be a true competition between Fitzpatrick and Heinicke. Whether either of them is "the man" who knows?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Washington is the fly in the ointment. Rivera has the defense. By his accounting his mistake was picking Haskins without a true QB competition last year. This year he says there will be a true competition between Fitzpatrick and Heinicke. Whether either of them is "the man" who knows?
Did he not trade for Kyle Allen? I thought that was suppose to be Haskins competition?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Allen is penciled in at third. Haskins is in Pittsburgh. Naturally it could change between now and training camp, but that is what Rivera was saying in his presser.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-last-summer-my-approach-was-wrong/ar-AAKWS23
He's full of **** honestly lol. Seems like a good guy but he knows he never gave Haskins a fair shot...he threw him out there because he wasn't a fan of him but Snyder was and when it became evident he wasn't up to par on or off the field they let him go. That was always the plan. I knew the minute they traded for Kyle Allen they had no faith in Haskins.

Creeper

Reaction score
7 teams made it in 2020 that weren't there in 2019.

6 more making it this year is no stretch...

But only 4 of the 7 had losing records in 2019. And 1 of the 4 made it in due to the expanded playoff teams from 12 to 14 teams.

6 teams going from losing records to the playoffs seem like a lot. If there are going to be teams going from losing records to the playoffs, It will undoubtedly be in the NFC East where everyone had a losing record.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I see Washington in or near the basement. They barely won a division that got decimated by injuries. They get hit nearly as hard as us or NY did

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Daniel Jones rebounding is key for NY. I think if he can be league average, they could be a 9-10 win team. His weapons will be vastly improved from last year, even if Barkley isnt the same

Philadelphia is a wild card. I wouldn't bet money on them winning the NFCE. However Im not going to sleep on them either

ghst187

Reaction score
I know Barkley will be back and they got better at WR but Jones and Garrett still aren’t good and they lost their best DL player who clogged up the middle. They will be a challenge but I don’t see them beating Wash or us, unless we totally fall apart

ghst187

Reaction score
I see Washington in or near the basement. They barely won a division that got decimated by injuries. They get hit nearly as hard as us or NY did

yeah but Wash gave Tampa a good game in the playoffs with their 9th string QB.
Fitz is erratic but when he’s good he can light it up. Their DL and overall D will keep them in games and make games ugly. Even if their LB corps and secondary isn’t great their DL and defensive guru coach will keep the D solid. They have some weapons on offense. Just because they aren’t household names their WR and RB are very good. I think they are going to be a very tough outing.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
yeah but Wash gave Tampa a good game in the playoffs with their 9th string QB.
Fitz is erratic but when he’s good he can light it up. Their DL and overall D will keep them in games and make games ugly. Even if their LB corps and secondary isn’t great their DL and defensive guru coach will keep the D solid. They have some weapons on offense. Just because they aren’t household names their WR and RB are very good. I think they are going to be a very tough outing.
They gave TB a good game..... so? They are still a sub 500 team. One game playing above their heads doesnt change that. Fitzpatrick being an erratic QB is the worst fit for them. He single handedly loses more games than he wins. They need a game manger to not turn the ball over and give opponents field position. That isnt Fitzpatrick. They have 1 legitimate weapon on offense. Gibson is a decent back, but he isnt dictating what a defense should do. McLaurin is their only real threat, and he is probably more of a #2. They were a 7-9 team last year with 6 games against the most broken division in the NFL. With all our and NY's injuries they could close the division until the last week of the season lol

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

I dont think they beat a team who was playing a starting QB last year other than Philly.....( Wentz was bad) (Burrows was out early) WFT defense is widley over rated because of this in my opinion.