SI King MMQB: Tony Romo's a hero. Marion Barber's the truth.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eleven opinions in NFL's Week 11
6. Tony Romo's a hero. Marion Barber's the truth. Barber, down the stretch in Washington, looked like Alexis Arguello in the late rounds of those old fights against Aaron Pryor in the eighties, somehow finding a way and the burst and the stamina to make it to the first-down marker and bleed the clock further; he had 83 rushing-receiving yards in the fourth quarter against a defense that knew he was coming. Romo? His hand hurt, and he wasn't perfect. But he saved the Dallas season. The numbers don't matter. His leadership and presence do. If I were him, I'd take a DVD of this game, put it away, and take it out one day next spring when he's throwing the ball into the couch at home (which he actually does when he doesn't have anyone to throw with) and fire it up. It's the kind of game you want to remember for the rest of your life.

The Fine Fifteen
11. Dallas (6-4). Tony Romo's presence, I'm convinced, helped the Dallas defense in Washington last night too. The D seemed more inspired, playing like it knew it had a real chance. And let's not forget Terrence Newman's return from a groin injury. I see the Cowboys beating the Niners and Seahawks, and being 8-4 entering a hellish December.

Ten things I think I think
4. I think Terrell Owens needs to look at a tape of his game last night and ask himself why, in such a big game. he didn't catch the ball well. He drops the ball too much to be considered one of the all-time greats.

6c. Clinton Portis made a few too. But Marion Barber made the most, particularly in the fourth quarter.

7b. At long last, Martellus Bennett made a play for the Cowboys.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/11/16/week11/index.html

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2425156 said:
Ten things I think I think
4. I think Terrell Owens needs to look at a tape of his game last night and ask himself why, in such a big game. he didn't catch the ball well. He drops the ball too much to be considered one of the all-time greats.

Ball is thrown behind him , Hall picks it..

Ball is thrown late and he gets gets blasted and ball is picked....

Hardly 'drops'..... Moron

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Yes, after slogging through his 9 game career finally, at long last, the wait is over for Bennett.

superpunk

Reaction score
lurkercowboy;2425195 said:
Yes, after slogging through his 9 game career finally, at long last, the wait is over for Bennett.
Seriously.

Was this 'Tellus's swan song or something?

I think Peter King wants to have Romo's babies after this entry.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I hate it when I agree with "The Peter King". :bang2:

As for Owens.... After watching Hines Ward yesterday then watching Terrell Owens, I would take Ward 10 out of 10 times over Owens.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2425188 said:

any more excuses for this guy?

Xy_Oldone

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2425188 said:

The first one is on Romo. The second was all on T.O.. He should not have coughed that up. You have to catch the ball and take the hit sometimes. I did not think the ball was thrown late. It hit him. He got hit and coughed it up. He had too many drops as well.

I like Owens and think he is great but last night he had several balls he should not have dropped and one int was on him in my opinion.

If he runs 25 yards and gets a TD or has 100 yard game he should get the credit. But he also has to take the responcibility for mistakes as well.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
At least we have another BIGTIME receiver if Owens is struggling.

Roy Williams hands are crazy.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2425156 said:
And let's not forget Terrence Newman's return from a groin injury.
At least TNew got mentioned. He played a great game last night.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
EGG;2425293 said:
Yup, and quite a few nice blocks too~!

Exactly, my son and I were watching and noticed a couple of important blocks MB made last night, prior to his great catch.

He should only continue to improve.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2425303 said:
At least TNew got mentioned. He played a great game last night.

I would say so. Newman on Moss and Moss ended up with 5 catches for 29 yards. Not to mention Newman knocking down a couple of passes and int another one.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Xy_Oldone;2425237 said:
The first one is on Romo. The second was all on T.O.. He should not have coughed that up. You have to catch the ball and take the hit sometimes. I did not think the ball was thrown late. It hit him. He got hit and coughed it up. He had too many drops as well.

I like Owens and think he is great but last night he had several balls he should not have dropped and one int was on him in my opinion.

If he runs 25 yards and gets a TD or has 100 yard game he should get the credit. But he also has to take the responcibility for mistakes as well.
Disagree with this. That second one was on Garrett for calling such a crappy play and putting Owens and Romo in a bad situation. When you call a play like that you asking for your receiver to get killing or have the pass picked off. The latter happened.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
THUMPER;2425227 said:
I hate it when I agree with "The Peter King". :bang2:

As for Owens.... After watching Hines Ward yesterday then watching Terrell Owens, I would take Ward 10 out of 10 times over Owens.
You'd be the only one. Why don't you try watching their entire careers and not yesterday. Hines Ward doesn't come close to T.O.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to make a play. The first interceptioncame when Romo lost grip on the ball and still tried to throw it. The second interception should have been caught by Owens. He had another drop earlier in the game that resulted in a punt. He just isn't playing like an elite receiver, like he was in preseason and early in the year.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
bootsy;2425326 said:
You'd be the only one. Why don't you try watching their entire careers and not yesterday. Hines Ward doesn't come close to T.O.

You're right, Ward would have to drop about 10 passes per game over the next 3 years to come up to Owens' level.

Ward actually blocks downfield. Ward actually holds onto the ball. Ward actually runs his routes all the way through. Ward will play defense on a poorly thrown ball so that it doesn't get picked off.

Owens is bigger, faster, and has had a lot more passes thrown his way over the years but pass by pass Ward is by far the better receiver. And even more importantly, play by play, Ward is astronomically the better football player.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
bootsy;2425316 said:
Disagree with this. That second one was on Garrett for calling such a crappy play and putting Owens and Romo in a bad situation. When you call a play like that you asking for your receiver to get killing or have the pass picked off. The latter happened.

Very true. To say, that second one was on TO is like saying a shooting victim should have ducked instead of being shot. He was in a no win situation because the defender got there as soon as the ball arrived.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;2425208 said:
...I think Peter King wants to have Romo's babies after this entry.

You could be right.

http://i300.***BLOCKED***/albums/nn1/HisforHeretic/eating-the-baby-sandwich.jpg