SI: Snap Judgments - Banks (NFCE blurbs only)

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/10/12/week6.snaps/index.html

• Consider this: The Eagles' 23-point fourth quarter on Sunday, capping a 40-26 road win over the Niners, surpassed any output that Philly had in its last three games: A 15-6 home win against Pittsburgh, a 24-20 loss at Chicago and 23-17 home loss to Washington.

Let's just call this a new league rule: Never, ever try and ice Dallas kicker Nick Folk with one of those just-before-the-snap timeouts. It's just not worth it. Isn't that right, Ken Whisenhunt?

• That wasn't a Sean Morey punt block that decided the Cardinals' overtime win over the Cowboys. That was a punt-mugging. If Mat McBriar never even gets to punt the ball, can it really be called a block?

• The NFC East and the NFC South are comprised of combined eight teams, and all eight are at .500 or better through six weeks. Every team in the two divisions has either three or four victories, at least until the Giants dispatch of the Browns on Monday night to improve to 5-0.

• The Commanders offense went five full games and 14:02 of Sunday's first quarter against the Rams without turning the ball over this season, making Washington just the third team since 1933 to have fewer than two turnovers after five games (the Commanders did lose one fumble on a punt return).

So naturally, Washington's offense proceeded to lose three fumbles in a span of four first-half possessions against St. Louis, taking just 15:49 of clock time to lose its grip. The third turnover, a fumble by guard Pete Kendall, who caught a deflected Jason Campbell pass near the line of scrimmage, was turned into a 75-yard touchdown return by Rams safety Oshiomogho Atogwe.

• Did you see that Tony Romo "Tuck Rule" fumble in the end zone that was overturned by replay review, costing the Cardinals a touchdown? It was just as bogus looking as the original Tom Brady call in the January 2002 Snow Bowl game against the Raiders.

I don't care what the rule says, if it looks like a fumble, and quacks like a fumble, it should be a fumble. Enough said.

• What a week for the NFL police blotter files:

-- Pacman Jones scuffles with one of his own bodyguards in a Dallas hotel men's room, drawing the wrong kind of attention to himself once again, and perhaps giving us a sneak peek of the beginning of the end of his Cowboys tenure.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Faerluna;2331611 said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/10/12/week6.snaps/index.html

• Consider this: The Eagles' 23-point fourth quarter on Sunday, capping a 40-26 road win over the Niners, surpassed any output that Philly had in its last three games: A 15-6 home win against Pittsburgh, a 24-20 loss at Chicago and 23-17 home loss to Washington.

Let's just call this a new league rule: Never, ever try and ice Dallas kicker Nick Folk with one of those just-before-the-snap timeouts. It's just not worth it. Isn't that right, Ken Whisenhunt?

• That wasn't a Sean Morey punt block that decided the Cardinals' overtime win over the Cowboys. That was a punt-mugging. If Mat McBriar never even gets to punt the ball, can it really be called a block?

• The NFC East and the NFC South are comprised of combined eight teams, and all eight are at .500 or better through six weeks. Every team in the two divisions has either three or four victories, at least until the Giants dispatch of the Browns on Monday night to improve to 5-0.

• The Commanders offense went five full games and 14:02 of Sunday's first quarter against the Rams without turning the ball over this season, making Washington just the third team since 1933 to have fewer than two turnovers after five games (the Commanders did lose one fumble on a punt return).

So naturally, Washington's offense proceeded to lose three fumbles in a span of four first-half possessions against St. Louis, taking just 15:49 of clock time to lose its grip. The third turnover, a fumble by guard Pete Kendall, who caught a deflected Jason Campbell pass near the line of scrimmage, was turned into a 75-yard touchdown return by Rams safety Oshiomogho Atogwe.

• Did you see that Tony Romo "Tuck Rule" fumble in the end zone that was overturned by replay review, costing the Cardinals a touchdown? It was just as bogus looking as the original Tom Brady call in the January 2002 Snow Bowl game against the Raiders.

I don't care what the rule says, if it looks like a fumble, and quacks like a fumble, it should be a fumble. Enough said.

• What a week for the NFL police blotter files:

-- Pacman Jones scuffles with one of his own bodyguards in a Dallas hotel men's room, drawing the wrong kind of attention to himself once again, and perhaps giving us a sneak peek of the beginning of the end of his Cowboys tenure.

There's a LONG way to go here, folks.

Sure, we may have shot ourselves in the foot, but AZ has a pretty good team this year.

The Skins just looked SPENT after playing 2 very emotion NFCE road games.

The Iggs looked sharp today, but they beat the Niners, so what? The Niners are a crappy team who'll find a million ways to lose.

Who knows what the Giants will do at Cleveland tomorrow? The Browns are finally healthy, and could make some noise from here on out.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Boysboy;2331631 said:
The Iggs looked sharp today, but they beat the Niners, so what? The Niners are a *****y team who'll find a million ways to lose.

The Eagles were losing by nine points with 12 minutes left. I'm not sure that's considered looking "sharp."

Even in the fourth quarter, their offense didn't even have to do much because J.T. O'Sullivan pulled a Sage Rosenfels and kept giving the Eagles the ball in scoring position.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2331711 said:
The Eagles were losing by nine points with 12 minutes left. I'm not sure that's considered looking "sharp."

Even in the fourth quarter, their offense didn't even have to do much because J.T. O'Sullivan pulled a Sage Rosenfels and kept giving the Eagles the ball in scoring position.

Yeah-that's what I was trying to say(slipped my tongue)-it had nothing to do with the Iggs, it had ALOT to do with that horrible Niners team(hence I said above how the Niners being horrible had alot to do with it).

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2331711 said:

IDK buckhalter put huge numbers I was to focused on the boys game to really care however I did have him on my fantasy team.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Unlike Brady's tuck rule call, Romo's arm was actually going forward when he lost the ball. Get a clue Banks.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Faerluna;2331611 said:
Right on the :money: