Signing Stephon Gilmore could have been our Charles Haley moment!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
This team, this year, has the talent and the coaching to compete for a Super Bowl title!

I would have taken the risk( financial, is he recovered from his injury, etc. ) and signed Gilmore. Gilmore was a top 3 corner when healthy. Pairing Gilmore and Diggs at the corners would have given Quinn, SO many options. Our pass D and run D would have immediately improved!!!

The Gilmore move would have made our major weakness, our 2nd corner, a STRENGTH!!

I am not saying we can’t win a Super Bowl without Gilmore, I think we can, but Brown needs to improve a lot, or 1 of our young corners, need to step up their game and take the job from Brown.

Charles Haley put Dallas on top in the 90’s. Would Gilmore have done the same thing for the 2021 team?

I wish Jerry would have made the move for Gilmore. Do you?

blueblood70

Reaction score
This team, this year, has the talent and the coaching to compete for a Super Bowl title!

I would have taken the risk( financial, is he recovered from his injury, etc. ) and signed Gilmore. Gilmore was a top 3 corner when healthy. Pairing Gilmore and Diggs at the corners would have given Quinn, SO many options. Our pass D and run D would have immediately improved!!!

The Gilmore move would have made our major weakness, our 2nd corner, a STRENGTH!!

I am not saying we can’t win a Super Bowl without Gilmore, I think we can, but Brown needs to improve a lot, or 1 of our young corners, need to step up their game and take the job from Brown.

Charles Haley put Dallas on top in the 90’s. Would Gilmore have done the same thing for the 2021 team?

:lmao:

he was traded for cup of coffee and on IR lmao

Nav22

Reaction score
Or maybe not. Sometimes your best deals are the ones you don’t make.

So many fans (myself included) wanted Jamal Adams in a Cowboys uniform in the worst way. He’s been awful for Seattle this year.

And never forget Nnamdi Asomugha spurning Dallas for Philly.

blueblood70

Reaction score
seriously ?? so i guess NE didnt need that huh, they were 7-9 last year and have losing record so far? let him go for a pat on the back and goodbye?

isnt he our Deion sanders better comp being Cbs then haley..

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Respectively disagree. The better option would be Gotsis. He's only 29, is a six-year NFL veteran & is an upcoming FA. He missed Week 1, but has two sacks in the last three weeks. Don't be surprised if Dallas doesn't pull the trigger on this kid.

Besides, the Jags are spiraling as they are winless through four weeks & Meyers (who many Zone members wanted a Dallas's HC) is currently mired in scandal. There goes Urban's resume. :laugh:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uh.....No I don't think so.

He was no let go or the team trying to trade him just because he was a little crazy.
They were trying to get rid of him because his play declined and he wanted a big payday.

Charles was in his prime and still a great talent, he was just crazy.

lqmac1

Reaction score
It’s not always what it seems. Remember when we were praying to sign Jamal Adams? He gave up 2 huge plays that cost them the game yesterday so I went on Twitter and he was trending.

Let’s just say, LVE would’ve had a complete meltdown reading what fans were saying about him.

He’s supposedly horrid in coverage. I don’t know how true this is because I don’t really keep up with anybody outside of the Cowboys, but he’s only had 2 career interceptions?

Praxit

Reaction score
..there's a reason Billyboy got rid of him. You know Billyboy, its all about winning.

JayFord

Reaction score
It’s not always what it seems. Remember when we were praying to sign Jamal Adams? He gave up 2 huge plays that cost them the game yesterday so I went on Twitter and he was trending.

Let’s just say, LVE would’ve had a complete meltdown reading what fans were saying about him.

He’s supposedly horrid in coverage. I don’t know how true this is because I don’t really keep up with anybody outside of the Cowboys, but he’s only had 2 career interceptions?

Jamal Adams is best used as a pass rusher and run stopper coverage isnt what hes best at...but when you play him like we play Parsons hes an all pro

but peoples gripe is do you need your safety doing that

SDCowboy

Reaction score
We don't have anything close to the defense to win a champtionship, yet. Our D is basically either get a turnover, or allow an easy TD. There are going to be games eventually where we don't get 2-3 turnovers.

blueblood70

Reaction score

there was NO MOVE, SG wanted to only be traded to team he agreed upon and the pats wanted him out of the AFC..so lets see ruomor has it SG wouldnt agree to play for any team he didnt agree on going to and Carolina is close to his home town i believe? he panned to hold out for restructured new deal.

you all act like every prospect is ours to lose..lmao

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Or maybe not. Sometimes your best deals are the ones you don’t make.

So many fans (myself included) wanted Jamal Adams in a Cowboys uniform in the worst way. He’s been awful for Seattle this year.

And never forget Nnamdi Asomugha spurning Dallas for Philly.

Mannnn I don't think it can be said enough how big of a bullet we dodged with Asomugha. I remember being so mad we didn't sign him lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I do NOT. It was about the costs for me. The draft pick was minimal, but the salary would have further screwed up a bad salary cap situation.