Signing Stephon Gilmore could have been our Charles Haley moment!

lqmac1

Reaction score
Jamal Adams is best used as a pass rusher and run stopper coverage isnt what hes best at...but when you play him like we play Parsons hes an all pro

but peoples gripe is do you need your safety doing that
Based off what I was reading, it seemed like that was the only thing he was good at.

For some reason, I thought he was also a ball hawking safety based on the contract that he’s always demanded and finally received.

I’m glad we dodged that bullet

JayFord

Reaction score
Based off what I was reading, it seemed like that was the only thing he was good at.

For some reason, I thought he was also a ball hawking safety based on the contract that he’s always demanded and finally received.

I’m glad we dodged that bullet

oh no no no no

Adams is no ball hawk safety.....but hes a darn fine football player when hes lined up where the LB/DE is lined up

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
How if he's not even healthy enough to play?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
oh no no no no

Adams is no ball hawk safety.....but hes a darn fine football player when hes lined up where the LB/DE is lined up

Well, why did the genius Seahawk defensive coordinator not have him lined up where he could best succeed? Adams stinks playing off the LOS.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m excited about the youthful talent developing on this team on defense. Adding a 31 year old CB coming a major injury and looking to get a bigger deal next year would not pair well with the future of this team. Glad we didn’t give up a draft pick for him.

Charles Haley was 28 when we acquired him in ‘92 and no recent major injury to overcome and acquiring him was pre-salary cap era move. Not really an apt comparison IMO.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This team, this year, has the talent and the coaching to compete for a Super Bowl title!

I would have taken the risk( financial, is he recovered from his injury, etc. ) and signed Gilmore. Gilmore was a top 3 corner when healthy. Pairing Gilmore and Diggs at the corners would have given Quinn, SO many options. Our pass D and run D would have immediately improved!!!

The Gilmore move would have made our major weakness, our 2nd corner, a STRENGTH!!

I am not saying we can’t win a Super Bowl without Gilmore, I think we can, but Brown needs to improve a lot, or 1 of our young corners, need to step up their game and take the job from Brown.

Charles Haley put Dallas on top in the 90’s. Would Gilmore have done the same thing for the 2021 team?

I wish Jerry would have made the move for Gilmore. Do you?
gimore of 3 years ago, before injury...too bad we can't project the past to present...he is a known name, thus fans fall for the name...he is still on IR and not sure if he will fully recover....

at this point Gilmore is like Deion who signed with washington and sucked over there.....

no fantasy football. just real football. and if he was that good, then NE would have held on, or not let him go for a 6th....you noticed, nobody offered a 5th, otherwise NE would have taken it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I wish I would have accepted a ride home from my super hot, fresh out of the Air Force 12th grade government studies blonde haired teacher my high school senior year...many, many, many moons ago...:confused::mad:o_O

Oh well.:(

Oh, uhhh, what were we talking about? :D

Rayman70

Reaction score
Haley was younger and more impactful than Gilmore will be. This dude is still injured and might not play for 3 weeks. He had a rough 2020 as well. Wasn't great. This was a bit risky by them. He may pan out but may not do much. He's on the pup list btw.

Easyout66

Reaction score
This team, this year, has the talent and the coaching to compete for a Super Bowl title!

I would have taken the risk( financial, is he recovered from his injury, etc. ) and signed Gilmore. Gilmore was a top 3 corner when healthy. Pairing Gilmore and Diggs at the corners would have given Quinn, SO many options. Our pass D and run D would have immediately improved!!!

The Gilmore move would have made our major weakness, our 2nd corner, a STRENGTH!!

I am not saying we can’t win a Super Bowl without Gilmore, I think we can, but Brown needs to improve a lot, or 1 of our young corners, need to step up their game and take the job from Brown.

Charles Haley put Dallas on top in the 90’s. Would Gilmore have done the same thing for the 2021 team?

I wish Jerry would have made the move for Gilmore. Do you?
Bellichek (spelling wrong) wanted him in Brady's division, maybe a better draft pick than Panthers 6th might have gotten it done but we don't know

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Please make this silliness stop, this isn't madden and Gilmore is a 31 year old injured cb with issues...why disrupt the chemistry this young team has and strap the team financially

Fans get enamored with names. Earlier this year I still saw people mentioning going after Earl Thomas, who is STILL on his couch.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We don't have anything close to the defense to win a champtionship, yet. Our D is basically either get a turnover, or allow an easy TD. There are going to be games eventually where we don't get 2-3 turnovers.
I know you hate defense in general, but you have to admit we're much better than last year.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I know you hate defense in general, but you have to admit we're much better than last year.
In the turnover department, yes. The general D, no. This D depends almost entirely on turnovers and that's a recipe for disaster. Eventually that luck will run out.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
No one that plays that far from the line of scrimmage is going to be your "Charles Haley" moment. Especially not a declining CB. Don't get me wrong. I would have outbid what the Panthers gave up (even if I had no intention of signing him to a long term deal), but Gilmore's best days are behind him.

Flamma

Reaction score
For a 5th or 6th round pick, what did Dallas have to lose? Is Gilmore better than Brown? I will admit Brown is stepping up his game. Probably inspired by Diggs. But is Gilmore better? Dallas doesn't have to extend him.

The Adams trade. I understood the logic. You get a top player for two late first round picks. It could work out better. But if the D is so bad that the top player has no noticeable impact, then what you needed were picks, not the player.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
We have a Charles Haley on the way who will boost our pass rush.

His name is DeMarcus Lawrence.