Signing Stephon Gilmore could have been our Charles Haley moment!

jnday

Reaction score
No.

We invested 2 2nds and 1 3rd in the last 2 drafts on CBs. We also have two vets signed to mid range contracts.

If we wanted to improve the team with a splash signing, it should have been at DT, where there is a real need. We hit on all cheapo S signings. Diggs looks like an All Pro and we have investments at CB. LB is looking good and is a declining position. DE is good. DT was and still is our relative weakness.
These young guys have looked good on the DL. They are certainly a big improvement from the DL from the last few years. The need at DT may not be so great if these young guys keeps improving.

jnday

Reaction score
Granted, on the South Carolina side. He'll have to pay double state income taxes since he is a resident of SC and plays in NC. Haha.

Granted, Aaron Rodgers is a resident of California (13.3% income tax at his tax bracket, taxable for his entire income) and plays home games in Wisconsin (7.7% income tax at his tax bracket, taxable for home games in WI only), so he indeed pays a LOT of taxes on top of his IRS federal tax. But he's rich ** so it doesn't matter I guess lol.
Usually a filthy rich guy won’t stay rich for long if he has the attitude that it doesn’t matter. Every rich man that I have ever met is so tight that you could ram a dollar bill up their rear ends and they can give you change. They squeak when they walk. I am not one of those people. I wish I was though.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Usually a filthy rich guy won’t stay rich for long if he has the attitude that it doesn’t matter. Every rich man that I have ever met is so tight that you could ram a dollar bill up their rear ends and they can give you change. They squeak when they walk. I am not one of those people. I wish I was though.
I save and horde money, but I spend it on things that give me happiness, like dates and wild game meat restaurant dinners. I don't gamble any of it and I definitely don't trust the current stock market. We're way overdue for a crash and this current administration is likely going to make it worse.

But other than giving or gambling it away, someone as rich as Rodgers or Dak can't get poor if they at least invest in real estate and maybe some precious metals because those don't depreciate over time. I would stay away from cryptocurrency and the stock market right now.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
You have no clue about how good Joseph can be and how an acquisition of Gilmore would affect the roster.
You have no clue how good Joseph can be either. If healthy, Gilmore has proven he is at least an above average NFL CB.

How an acquisition of Gilmore would effect the roster? If Gilmore comes in, and plays up to his potential, the players would be fine with the signing. The players are mentally tougher than you give them credit for. Their not snowflakes!!

Last edited:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Reasonable price? He wants a big contract, who says he's willing to risk injury unless the team who gets him is willing to give him what he wants? Joseph hasn't played yet but was a 2nd day pick for a reason so don't give up on him yet. Brown is atleast average. He has as many pass breakups as Byron Jones, heyward I think is his name that held out for more money. He may not be shut down but certainly playing at or above his pay.
Brown will get us beat in the playoffs. He needs to get more consistent or take a seat on the bench. Right now, he is not an average NFL CB!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The Pats have a new stable of good CBs, they are among the best in passer rating against. Even so, the Gilmore release was still about the salary and his unwillingness to renegotiate. And hoodie prefers to get rid of players too early that too late. I wanted them to get Gilmore just as a rental and make a play for this year. The good CBs will kill us with Brown at CB. Hopefully one of the other guys really steps up. Diggs won't see another pass against the top teams until the other side proves capable.
100% correct!!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Last thing we need is some overpriced over the hill vet whining and moaning about his contract. Especially after agreeing to a 5 year, 65 mil contract. What a loser.
Your loser, could be the missing piece, this D needs to help us win a Super Bowl!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
No.

We invested 2 2nds and 1 3rd in the last 2 drafts on CBs. We also have two vets signed to mid range contracts.

If we wanted to improve the team with a splash signing, it should have been at DT, where there is a real need. We hit on all cheapo S signings. Diggs looks like an All Pro and we have investments at CB. LB is looking good and is a declining position. DE is good. DT was and still is our relative weakness.
Your wrong. Our biggest weakness on D is our 2nd corner.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Diggs won't see another pass against the top teams until the other side proves capable.
Tampa, LA and Carolina all have top, dynamic passing weapons. You can't simply just stop passing to one entire side, that's not possible. Teams are still going to pass on Diggs.
Brown has improved. He always has issues turning to the ball at times, but he's been playing very well. Not to mention he's one of our better tacklers.

I have no idea what people are watching.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Tampa, LA and Carolina all have top, dynamic passing weapons. You can't simply just stop passing to one entire side, that's not possible. Teams are still going to pass on Diggs.
Brown has improved. He always has issues turning to the ball at times, but he's been playing very well. Not to mention he's one of our better tacklers.

I have no idea what people are watching.
He missed a routine tackle last week vs Carolina that went for a 60 yard gain in the 4th quarter.

For an NFL corner he is a below average tackler.

I’m watching Brown play inconsistent.