Twitter: Simi Fehoko vs Trevon Diggs

blueblood70

Reaction score
Man it's disgusting. Same dudes that were crying about the years we could never get turnovers are crying about Diggs. I really can't stand the fanbase
very true i hate SAS but hes right a large majority of alleged DC fans are just disgusting.

Jarntt

Reaction score
They bout to run with this on First Take and Undisputed and say should we worry about Diggs
I'm not worried about Diggs and I don't worry much about a play or two in practice obviously, but he did look slow on that particular clip

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Diggs gonna get burnt a lot. Rather a corner that doesn’t give up big plays.
Front 7 and pass rush will be factors. I expect both to be better than last year's 12th ranked defense.

Osa and Gallimore will take the next step. They added Ridgeway to the mix as well.

I'm cautiously optimistic about LVE, Jabril Cox and Anthony Barr holding down the LB spots enough to allow Micah to be wherever he wants, just terrorizing offenses at will.

We lost Randy, but he's had 16.5 career sacks (avg 3.3 per year over 5 years). I think we'll be better without him:

Micah
Tank
Dante Fowler
Sam Williams
Dorrance Armstrong
Anthony Barr (?)

An improved front 7 will help the whole secondary IMO. Especially ballhawking Diggs.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It looks like Diggs was beat on straight up speed... interesting.

Yeah, that was my thought as well. There weren't any double moves. He just got around him clean & pulled away.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I remember that being the knock on Byron Jones.
Oh, he's good at shutting down his man, but he couldn't catch a ball to save his life. o_O
Yeah and the one time he didnt cover his man was in the playoffs in 2016.

But it was Dak's fault...

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I can see some on the board has never played backyard football. It is almost impossible for the defensive back to win this contest unless the quarterback throws a bad pass. Dieon would get torched in this drill as well.

Uhhh, what?

A DB's job is to cover the guy regardless of whether the QB is being harassed or not. This wasn't even anything spicy from Semi. Diggs did a poor job on this rep. Simple as that.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Uhhh, what?

A DB's job is to cover the guy regardless of whether the QB is being harassed or not. This wasn't even anything spicy from Semi. Diggs did a poor job on this rep. Simple as that.
You really don’t understand football if you are sweating a one on one receiving drill.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You really don’t understand football if you are sweating a one on one receiving drill.

Who's sweating? But regardless of practice or game it's easy to evaluate one on one coverage. Diggs got toasted. It follows a trend with him of trying to guess on every play. That's why the folks who understand football are concerned he may be feast or famine and are looking for him to find a balance.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It's sad that this many people do not understand a one on one drill between a receiver and a corner.

Reactions: CWR

stuckindc

Reaction score
In one on one battles with no qb pressure the wr should win that every time.
Or safety over the top. A lot different with the entire defense out there. Pass rush and support from a safety. I’ll take 10 picks any day. It wasn’t that long ago when we couldn’t get a turnover to save our life. Diggs will be just fine.

CWR

Reaction score
Man it's disgusting. Same dudes that were crying about the years we could never get turnovers are crying about Diggs. I really can't stand the fanbase

With no bump at the line and no concept of pressure. Not taking away from Simi, but lawd there are some over reacting tools on this thread. Give em back Byron Jones and take away our ball hawk, then they'll cry about that as well.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yeah, it's one play but most of these TC clips are one play. Lots of chatter around Turpin, Houston, Vasher, and Tolbert, but let's not forget about Fehoko. He's had a year to learn and may actually be more ready to contribute this season. Let's hope so, anyway.

Hope one or more of our young WRs steps up to fill the void....

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Yeah, it's one play but most of these TC clips are one play. Lots of chatter around Turpin, Houston, Vasher, and Tolbert, but let's not forget about Fehoko. He's had a year to learn and may actually be more ready to contribute this season. Let's hope so, anyway.

Looked like Diggs let him off from LOS without contact , hoping on catchup speed and was wrong. A bit of gambler.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
In one on one drills a Corner is in limbo.

He cannot guess the play by looking at the offensive alignment. He cannot cover the inside without safety help.
There is no pass rush on the QB so he can throw the ball exactly like he wants to. And both QB and WR knows the play and have all the time in the world to run without any other player except one close to them.

Give me a break with this crap.

Big D

Reaction score
Check out my pet cat Roberson today at camp @ 1:55.

You can also see the Fehoko vs. Diggs play from another angle at around 2:35.

The 4:00 min mark is nice. People constantly rag on Brown but he's still the starter opposite diggs when the games start IMO.