Twitter: Since 2016 feeding Zeke has 0 correlation to winning

aria

Reaction score
Too bad the chart doesn’t show how bad zeke is against good teams and how many yards he racks up against the worst defenses in the league.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I would like to see a run breakdown chart for Zeke (left, right and center), not sure where to find it.

I seem to recall an article a while back that stated Zeke was rushed to the left more often that the right because Dak liked to throw from the left hash vs the right. I guess that would make sense since he is right handed and would have more of the field to view more easily from the left hash. I thought it was an interesting read, but couldn't find stats to back it up.

If true, that's was just another nail in our offenses predictability, which hopefully will be changed up this year.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This board is actually a better barometer than just about any other news source or any of the paid so called experts
majority of people on this board saw this coming with Zeke and were saying dont pay him.

Whether I agree or disagree with Elliott getting paid, if we go by what you say anyone of us should be able to get hired by any of the sporting outlets as staff writers because we are more of experts than those that actually get paid for their reporting. Now I admit I often talk about sportswriters that report things that is just speculation without any direct quotes from anyone actually involved in whatever is being reported, but to say fans here who have zero first hand knowledge of what was said during negotiations nor have any first hand knowledge of what players the Cowboys felt at the time when their contracts were up that they were not going to try to resign. Fans like to think they know what's going on with everything but in reality we have no real first hand knowledge and all we have is opinions or what has been reported with direct quotes.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Too bad the chart doesn’t show how bad zeke is against good teams and how many yards he racks up against the worst defenses in the league.

Are you going by total yards?

Without being biased, if the team is up in score against bad teams, then yes, we’re more likely to run more. Against better teams, if we’re down, he’s going to get the ball a lot less.

Same with Dak, he’ll get more passing yards if we’re down in score and less yards if we’re up.

This is why stats alone mean nothing without the context of the entire game.

aria

Reaction score
Are you going by total yards?

Without being biased, if the team is up in score against bad teams, then yes, we’re more likely to run more. Against better teams, if we’re down, he’s going to get the ball a lot less.

Same with Dak, he’ll get more passing yards if we’re down in score and less yards if we’re up.

This is why stats alone mean nothing without the context of the entire game.
Total yards or ypc, take your pick.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I would like to see a run breakdown chart for Zeke (left, right and center), not sure where to find it.

I seem to recall an article a while back that stated Zeke was rushed to the left more often that the right because Dak liked to throw from the left hash vs the right. I guess that would make sense since he is right handed and would have more of the field to view more easily from the left hash. I thought it was an interesting read, but couldn't find stats to back it up.

If true, that's was just another nail in our offenses predictability, which hopefully will be changed up this year.

Try footballoutsiders

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The bottom line is that when good defenses stack the box to stop Zeke, there is no responding in the passing game

That fact was established is 2017 season against the Broncos. Stop the run, stop the Cowboys

But yeah, we can pass on The Commanders, Giants, and Dolphins all day long
Well that’s what happens when you don’t have a legitimate number one receiver. That’s why we went out and got Cooper. Did you forget that. Yeah I think so.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But you don’t understand the reason why. We didn’t have a legitimate number one receiver. Obviously you stop the running game you stop the Cowboys. But that didn’t stop Prescott from still having good statistics. But that doesn’t fit your narrative

shabazz

Reaction score
But you don’t understand the reason why. We didn’t have a legitimate number one receiver. Obviously you stop the running game you stop the Cowboys. But that didn’t stop Prescott from still having good statistics. But that doesn’t fit your narrative

......good statistics against crappy Dolphins, Commanders and Giants.

3 winnable games against the Eagles, Saints, and Patriots where Dakota had Cooper and Gallup and he could score more than 10 points

3 measly field goals against the battered Eagles for the division is the only Narrative that matters

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RB’s should be for finishing games.

Build a lead through aggressive play calling and then let Zeke run roughshod over a tired defense in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Depends. Big RB like Zeke? You need to soften up that defense. Keep pounding the rock. Keep the defense honest. ANd yeah...by the end of the game, when you have to "FINISH HIM!"...you got them beat down...time to run it.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The chart actually shows that passing or rushing rate in first quarter the result is the same. and the more the team rushed as the game went on the greater the chance of winning. By the 4th quarter there is a huge benefit of Zeke running and winning games. Your title should be when they feed Zeke in the first quarter it doesn't make a difference, after that it trends to the more he runs the more wins. You didn't read the associated information and it doesn't appear you know how to read the graph and made another BS post, but thanks for pointing out how the Offense is so reliant on feeding Zeke to control the game.

No lol...

Hey Brax, when you are winning do you pass more or less often than when the game is tied?

Now Brax, when a team is losing do they pass more or less often than when the game is tied?

I have faith you can answer these correctly.

aria

Reaction score
......good statistics against crappy Dolphins, Commanders and Giants.

3 winnable games against the Eagles, Saints, and Patriots where Dakota had Cooper and Gallup and he could score more than 10 points

3 measly field goals against the battered Eagles for the division is the only Narrative that matters
If I didn’t know any better I would think you’re talking about the RB who we just paid as the highest in the league when he sat out with two years left on his contract.

Did you bash zeke as much as Dak? He’s just as deserving, actually moreso.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The chart actually shows that passing or rushing rate in first quarter the result is the same. and the more the team rushed as the game went on the greater the chance of winning. By the 4th quarter there is a huge benefit of Zeke running and winning games. Your title should be when they feed Zeke in the first quarter it doesn't make a difference, after that it trends to the more he runs the more wins. You didn't read the associated information and it doesn't appear you know how to read the graph and made another BS post, but thanks for pointing out how the Offense is so reliant on feeding Zeke to control the game.

Exactly. The tweet itself says "at the beginning of games." Certainly hope folks around here aren't trying to call out the media anywhere for fakery because this board does it better.

Then there's anomalies like the last Philly game where as Zeke was heating up in the 2nd half (after being run all of 5 times in the first half) we stopped giving him the ball. On his last 6 rushes of that game he averaged 6.3 ypc (6-38) and then we stopped giving him the ball and mustered a whole 3 points in the entire 2nd half. His last rush (9 yards) was at the start of the 4th and then we never gave him the ball again.

Proof

Reaction score
The stats quoted above are wrong. Zeke didn’t face stacked boxes less than 23 other backs, it was his percentage that was less than these 23 other backs this season. A lot of this, most likely, can be attributed to the fact we were behind a lot more.

With Zeke’s rushing attempts, he was in the top 10 minimum in terms of NUMBER of stacked boxes.

Lol. That’s the point of percentages

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well a few things.

One this team sucks at special teams.
This team doesn't generate turnovers.
They start games off slow.

When you have these 3 crucial issues not to mention your coach SUCKS? You get 8-8. We can sit here and blame Dak or Zeke or whoever but the fact is they have struggled due to incompetence at the head of the snake.

Brax

Reaction score
No lol...

Hey Brax, when you are winning do you pass more or less often than when the game is tied?

Now Brax, when a team is losing do they pass more or less often than when the game is tied?

I have faith you can answer these correctly.
I wish I had the same faith in you, really you didn't even read the chart properly or understand it's meaning.

Brax

Reaction score
Exactly. The tweet itself says "at the beginning of games." Certainly hope folks around here aren't trying to call out the media anywhere for fakery because this board does it better.

Then there's anomalies like the last Philly game where as Zeke was heating up in the 2nd half (after being run all of 5 times in the first half) we stopped giving him the ball. On his last 6 rushes of that game he averaged 6.3 ypc (6-38) and then we stopped giving him the ball and mustered a whole 3 points in the entire 2nd half. His last rush (9 yards) was at the start of the 4th and then we never gave him the ball again.
The OP didn't understand what it was about. Hopefully he goes back and rereads the details so he can get a understanding of it's intent.