Twitter: Since 2016 feeding Zeke has 0 correlation to winning

fredp22

Reaction score
Whether I agree or disagree with Elliott getting paid, if we go by what you say anyone of us should be able to get hired by any of the sporting outlets as staff writers because we are more of experts than those that actually get paid for their reporting. Now I admit I often talk about sportswriters that report things that is just speculation without any direct quotes from anyone actually involved in whatever is being reported, but to say fans here who have zero first hand knowledge of what was said during negotiations nor have any first hand knowledge of what players the Cowboys felt at the time when their contracts were up that they were not going to try to resign. Fans like to think they know what's going on with everything but in reality we have no real first hand knowledge and all we have is opinions or what has been reported with direct quotes.
sort of disagree
yes you're going to have fans here that are speaking without knowing what they are saying and some that are talking on emotion but if you take the board as a whole the majority usually know the team better (through following the team, some that do know the players, though prior research) than the average reporter. (DK why u are talking about first hand knowledge of negotiations. Any reporters you are referencing dont have that info either). Zekes contract is a great example. The majority of reporters ( probably 80-90%) were in favor of Jerry signing Zeke at whatever cost. The board majority was leaning to a more reasonable contract or letting him walk. I think the board was right. Zeke is getting as nonchalant as Dez did.

I'm not knocking all reporters-some are great and I have total confidence with their breaking stories but when it comes to knowing the team and the players I think the board is usually a better barometer than the reporters.
Any news at all about the team I go here first before looking at outside reporters/sites views

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
No lol...

Hey Brax, when you are winning do you pass more or less often than when the game is tied?

Now Brax, when a team is losing do they pass more or less often than when the game is tied?

I have faith you can answer these correctly.
Where does that graph show the context of the individual game situations? You are just making assumptions without that context.

It could just as easily be said the graph shows Dak can't pass us to wins and needs to feed Zeke in the 2nd half.

In a world of ridiculous, overgeneralized and oversimplified stat graphics this just might be the most ridiculous one I have ever seen. It really doesn't tell us anything of value and it certainly doesn't tell us what you think it tells us.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I wish I had the same faith in you, really you didn't even read the chart properly or understand it's meaning.
So you couldn't even answer it.

Damn it, I shouldn't have had so much faith in you, you can't even understand the most basic football principals.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Depends. Big RB like Zeke? You need to soften up that defense. Keep pounding the rock. Keep the defense honest. ANd yeah...by the end of the game, when you have to "FINISH HIM!"...you got them beat down...time to run it.

Oh I hear ya. Believe me. I’m not saying don’t run the ball early in the game. I do think the offense as a whole needs to be more aggressive earlier in the game to try and score more point. Especially on the road. Garret always went into a shell on the road, against good teams.

khiladi

Reaction score
Lol. That’s the point of percentages

No, it’s not the point of percentages when you say Zeke faced LESS stacked boxes than 23 other running backs. It’s basic math. A percentage isn’t a quantity. The quantity is % x Rushing attempts.

A situational back may come in certain scenarios that are known runs, so defenses stack the box. This his percentage may be way higher. He may even average more YPA, because he’s fresh. A person who faces less percentages of stacked boxes, even at a large amount, could still have a significantly larger number of attempts against stacked boxes because of how much he runs, meaning wear and tear that is the situational back faced them, would completely fade and suck.

Percentages only make sense when the rushing attempts are similar. The 23 other backs are so widely apart in terms of when you do basic math, it’s not comparable. A comparison that makes sense is Gurley and Zeke in 2017. Zeke was over 20% and Gurley was at 7% in terms of stacked boxes, while there rushing attempts were close. Gurley scored way more in the red zone, not only because he’s a beast, but schematically he had plenty of advantageous matchups in the context of the passing game of the Rams via McVay.

khiladi

Reaction score
lol. How'd Aikman do when #22 or #88 didn't play?

What did Irvin do before Aikman got there? Irvin was here before Aikman. He was on a 3-13 team and caught 32 receptions and starter 10 games and played 14 and Aikman, with absolutely no offensive line, got him 26 receptions in 6 games.

Michael Irvin built his career on Aikman’s precision passing. Michael Irvin was never known as a speedster, but his physicality and his routes were timing based precision routes. Aikman could have thrown plenty more TDs, but they fed the ball to ES in the red zone, within ten all the time.

Aikman was setting playoff records during his era in terms of percentages.

Aikman haD NO TEAM. Dak walked into an all pro line and surrounded by pieces everywhere and he still sucked, with a couple piece around him.

You really like to harp on Aikman. Dak isn’t on the SAME PLANET. The fact you compare the two is utterly asinine and a joke. Aikman would throw 70% in the modern era and throw 400 yards regularly. WRs are speared over the middle, DBs can put their hands on WRs, QBs can get hit on the head and at their knees. Dak can’t even drop back as a seven step passer. He’s don’t it probably less than 30 times his WHOLE professional career, he did it once in 2015, he’s that limited. The fact you constantly go back to the comparison between Aikman and Dak is a joke.

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
......good statistics against crappy Dolphins, Commanders and Giants.

3 winnable games against the Eagles, Saints, and Patriots where Dakota had Cooper and Gallup and he could score more than 10 points

3 measly field goals against the battered Eagles for the division is the only Narrative that matters
:lmao::hammer:

Proof

Reaction score
No, it’s not the point of percentages when you say Zeke faced LESS stacked boxes than 23 other running backs. It’s basic math. A percentage isn’t a quantity. The quantity is % x Rushing attempts.

A situational back may come in certain scenarios that are known runs, so defenses stack the box. This his percentage may be way higher. He may even average more YPA, because he’s fresh. A person who faces less percentages of stacked boxes, even at a large amount, could still have a significantly larger number of attempts against stacked boxes because of how much he runs, meaning wear and tear that is the situational back faced them, would completely fade and suck.

Percentages only make sense when the rushing attempts are similar. The 23 other backs are so widely apart in terms of when you do basic math, it’s not comparable. A comparison that makes sense is Gurley and Zeke in 2017. Zeke was over 20% and Gurley was at 7% in terms of stacked boxes, while there rushing attempts were close. Gurley scored way more in the red zone, not only because he’s a beast, but schematically he had plenty of advantageous matchups in the context of the passing game of the Rams via McVay.

Lol. I’m not trying to hear all that. In analytics “less” means “less on average” you said yourself, with all those attempts he was still only “in the top ten”. I’m raw numbers. All that does is underscore the initial point. Throw out 23rd in the league or whatever teams weren’t selling out to stop the run

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
sort of disagree
yes you're going to have fans here that are speaking without knowing what they are saying and some that are talking on emotion but if you take the board as a whole the majority usually know the team better (through following the team, some that do know the players, though prior research) than the average reporter. (DK why u are talking about first hand knowledge of negotiations. Any reporters you are referencing dont have that info either). Zekes contract is a great example. The majority of reporters ( probably 80-90%) were in favor of Jerry signing Zeke at whatever cost. The board majority was leaning to a more reasonable contract or letting him walk. I think the board was right. Zeke is getting as nonchalant as Dez did.

I'm not knocking all reporters-some are great and I have total confidence with their breaking stories but when it comes to knowing the team and the players I think the board is usually a better barometer than the reporters.
Any news at all about the team I go here first before looking at outside reporters/sites views

So much of what you say is a better barometer is largely based on news they get that is just speculation. You're trying to equate a possible majority of fans here opinions about a subject without actual first hand news. You're trying to equate fans opinions here that are just speculation on what they think will happen with what may actually really happen. The only real actual facts fans have are the ones that they get from a reporter who actually has direct quotes from those involved with whatever is being reported, so to say that you go here before reading an actual article with real direct quotes is taking the long approach to getting the latest real news. It may just me but I don't put much stock in any report that does not have direct quotes from those involved in whatever is being reported. When they "a source" is not a direct quote, it's a license to speculate but make it sound believable

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
It’s all about balance. Dink and dunk was a winning scheme. Then we changed it because everybody wanted 400 yards passing games. Then we prove we could do that. But obviously you lose because that’s all you do is pass and you’ll lose your balance. Prescott needs Elliot Elliot needs Prescott. It’s called team for a reason

Bingo, and no variety. Everyone knew first play of each game was Zeke up the middle.

khiladi

Reaction score
Lol. I’m not trying to hear all that. In analytics “less” means “less on average” you said yourself, with all those attempts he was still only “in the top ten”. I’m raw numbers. All that does is underscore the initial point. Throw out 23rd in the league or whatever teams weren’t selling out to stop the run

1. When did I say “less than average”..

2. Off the top of my head, I said less than 10, jus to underscore the point.

3. Because we were throwing more, including playing from behind, and this says Zeke actually running, not that Dak didn’t throw a against stacked boxes, if one wants to actually gage what the QB did. Dak see a lot of man, one deep safety. If he’s throwing more against it, it took four years.

Dallas was sixth in play action for example and three, the first year Dak was there.

Proof

Reaction score
1. When did I say “less than average”..

2. Off the top of my head, I said less than 10, jus to underscore the point.

3. Because we were throwing more, including playing from behind, and this says Zeke actually running, not that Dak didn’t throw a against stacked boxes, if one wants to actually gage what the QB did. Dak see a lot of man, one deep safety. If he’s throwing more against it, it took four years.

Dallas was sixth in play action for example and three, the first year Dak was there.

You didn’t say it. I’m saying it. Percentages are used in analytics and when you read “less” you should read “less on average” not raw. You can provide the reasons for it, ie passing more, and that’s valid. The point was just that last year Zeke didn’t face stacked boxes at a very significant rate

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
What did Irvin do before Aikman got there? Irvin was here before Aikman. He was on a 3-13 team and caught 32 receptions and starter 10 games and played 14 and Aikman, with absolutely no offensive line, got him 26 receptions in 6 games.

Michael Irvin built his career on Aikman’s precision passing. Michael Irvin was never known as a speedster, but his physicality and his routes were timing based precision routes. Aikman could have thrown plenty more TDs, but they fed the ball to ES in the red zone, within ten all the time.

Aikman was setting playoff records during his era in terms of percentages.

Aikman haD NO TEAM. Dak walked into an all pro line and surrounded by pieces everywhere and he still sucked, with a couple piece around him.

You really like to harp on Aikman. Dak isn’t on the SAME PLANET. The fact you compare the two is utterly asinine and a joke. Aikman would throw 70% in the modern era and throw 400 yards regularly. WRs are speared over the middle, DBs can put their hands on WRs, QBs can get hit on the head and at their knees. Dak can’t even drop back as a seven step passer. He’s don’t it probably less than 30 times his WHOLE professional career, he did it once in 2015, he’s that limited. The fact you constantly go back to the comparison between Aikman and Dak is a joke.

You claim Dak is the only QB in the NFL that's needs alot of talent to succeed. Once again, how'd Aikman do when #22 or #88 sat? Tell me about the great success he had.

"Aikman would throw 70% in the modern era and throw 400 yards regularly." LOL. So a guy who was a career 61.5% passer, and threw 141 int's to only 165 td's will be better than Brady in today's NFL. HAHAHAHA!!!!

Last edited:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
The biggest problem has been predictability. If you know that gives the other team a big advantage. Lamb will help take some of that away. Heck, my wife called half the plays last year before they happened. All you can do is laugh. Can someone clone Larry Allen please. He has told player before..."Coming behind me dog, ChOOO, Chooo....LOL!!

shabazz

Reaction score
If I didn’t know any better I would think you’re talking about the RB who we just paid as the highest in the league when he sat out with two years left on his contract.

Did you bash zeke as much as Dak? He’s just as deserving, actually moreso.

Zeke is a true talent and his performances back that.

Yes, Jerry definitely caved to a RB which is crazy these days since they barely get drafted in the 1st round

Yes, Zeke taking himself out of plays is something none if us like and the feed me gesture is as lame as Dak’s little hip twisty jazzercize.

And yes, the FO finally did the right thing not overpaying and extending Dakota.....but don’t take my word for it, just ask MM and the Jones’s

shabazz

Reaction score
As my Raiders buddy use to say about Troy "Money" on the big stage.

With Rayne we get shrinkage on the big stage.

The majority in this forum recognize this. He simply goes AWOL when facing tough defenses and adversity.

We’ve seen enough