Twitter: Since 2017, Dak is 5-9 vs winning teams

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Dak was good enough to win yesterday.
Of everyone who played yesterday Dak had the 7th worth QBR. The Dak led offense was down 31-3 at one point. How in the hell did you watch that game and conclude....yeah that's a winnable brand of QB play Dak displayed.

This is an embarrassing abdication of responsibility you are cheerleading.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At this point Dallas should not sign him to an extension at all

This is a very very QB rich draft and Daks glaring deficiencies have been widely exposed

No team is gonna pay him even 25 mill/yr in the off season

Let him play out the season and test the FA market

Signing him long term will hold this franchise in mediocrity for several years
I bet you his salary. someone pays him 25 mil

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Of everyone who played yesterday Dak had the 7th worth QBR. The Dak led offense was down 31-3 at one point. How in the hell did you watch that game and conclude....yeah that's a winnable brand of QB play Dak displayed.

This is an embarrassing abdication of responsibility you are cheerleading.
Because that number is wildly different if Cooper doesn't drop the ball. A 30-something yard TD pass instead of an INT makes your QBR quite different, no?

He wasn't particularly good, but he wasn't an active detriment like some want to make him out to be. Blaming it all on him is an, ahem, "embarrassing abdicaiton of responsibility" for the entire rest of the team.

Sydla

Reaction score
Because that number is wildly different if Cooper doesn't drop the ball. A 30-something yard TD pass instead of an INT makes your QBR quite different, no?

He wasn't particularly good, but he wasn't an active detriment like some want to make him out to be. Blaming it all on him is an, ahem, "embarrassing abdicaiton of responsibility" for the entire rest of the team.

A few pages back you claimed he was good enough for us to win.

I think most people here criticizing his play yesterday would readily admit he wasn't the only, sole, biggest problem. The defense was a cluster bomb of poop yesterday as well. The OL certainly didn't exactly light the world on fire either.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

Should we go back and adjust every QBs worst play to a much better play that didn't happen? and then compare? Btw that was a single play early in the game. What about the rest of the game when we went down 31-3???? You're joking right?

A reminder with 1 game to play Dak has the 7th worst QBR performance this week in all of football.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m still astonished. Is it really zero yards on third down or is it some mistake or am I interpreting it incorrectly?

I think it's zero passing yards, specifically. But I haven't gone through every third down play in the game log.

He had some scrambles for yardage, for sure.

khiladi

Reaction score
I think it's zero passing yards, specifically. But I haven't gone through every third down play in the game log.

He had some scrambles for yardage, for sure.

I remember one down where Dak scrambled and they called a bogus roughing the passer on the scramble that racked on another 15.

Down and distance is killing this offense with Dak and has been an issue with him, but if we are looking at 0, that’s wild.

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
A few pages back you claimed he was good enough for us to win.

I think most people here criticizing his play yesterday would readily admit he wasn't the only, sole, biggest problem. The defense was a cluster bomb of poop yesterday as well. The OL certainly didn't exactly light the world on fire either.
He wasn't particularly good AND he was good enough to win. Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

Those are the things I said...you called them excuses.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Should we go back and adjust every QBs worst play to a much better play that didn't happen? and then compare? Btw that was a single play early in the game. What about the rest of the game when we went down 31-3???? You're joking right?

A reminder with 1 game to play Dak has the 7th worst QBR performance this week in all of football.
THAT PLAY CHANGES HIS QBR. Saying he has the 7th worst QBR and ignoring the fact that there was probably a 20-point shift in it because of a drop is stupid. It's not even narrative searching, it's stupid.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
THAT PLAY CHANGES HIS QBR. Saying he has the 7th worst QBR and ignoring the fact that there was probably a 20-point shift in it because of a drop is stupid. It's not even narrative searching, it's stupid.
You cannot simply change Dak's worst play without changing the worst play of every other QB in football if you're interested in actually having a fair comparison. Because we cannot do such a thing for everyone then we can only evaluate the plays as they happen/occur.

Also blaming a throw that happened when the score was 0-0 and abdicating responsibility for the qb who would go on to lead the team to a 31-3 deficit is mindbogglingly stupid.

And even if we randomly added 20 points to Dak's score....which again makes no sense...he'd still be below what is considered an average performance.