Twitter: Since 2017, Dak is 5-9 vs winning teams

Sydla

Reaction score
What excuses? I said 1 INT was on him and the drop changed the complexion of the game.

It's all completely true, you, as usual, are making stuff up for the sake of arguing about it.

The complexion of the game really can't be changed drastically by a bad play 7 minutes into the contest. You yourself admitted a good team should be able to overcome that.

And trying to limit this to only one interception being his fault (it's questionable the last interception wasn't his fault) shows a biased analysis because if one wants to wash away bad plays because of bad luck on the QB, the only fair analysis is to show he also threw some horrendous passes that should have been interceptions but he got downright lucky.

So yeah, it's excuse making. It's rationalizing. The team wasn't very good yesterday. The defense, especially the run defense, was horrendous. The QB also wasn't very good. No "buts", no "well that wasn't his fault", etc.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And his winning % against all teams is incredibly high as well (they're the greatest dynasty of all time). I assume there is a drop off vs the good opponents until proven otherwise. Also curious to see the drop off for other QBs in the top half. I'd bet anything it's uniform across the board. This isn't rocket science.

You're the one who tossed Brady into the discussion, you should know it wouldn't look good in comparison. Whether there is a "drop off" does not matter, he has a winning record against good teams. Dak does not.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
No use the whole body of work, which Dak stans are known for using.

Not using one game here another game there over the 5-6x more data we have to use, like guys in this thread.

And what did your findings on whole body of work lead you to find on his record vs winning teams? My guess is you aren't going to like it.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It's nitpicky on this play.

Dak's been pretty accurate since Amari arrived anyways. The whole expectation for the WRs thing hasn't been true for a long time now.

Happens every game. Big down last week, had Cobb, threw an inaccurate pass behind Cobb making what should have been an easy pitch and catch into a tough play. It's a pattern that goes back to the beginning. A documented pattern. The exact opposite of nitpicky.

khiladi

Reaction score
From what I was seeing, GB was playing Cooper significantly one on one. Even the TD that made things interesting, there was no safety help and all Dak did was keep his eyes on Cooper the whole way. That was ALL Cooper who seems to have broken his route.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The complexion of the game really can't be changed drastically by a bad play 7 minutes into the contest. You yourself admitted a good team should be able to overcome that.

And trying to limit this to only one interception being his fault (it's questionable the last interception wasn't his fault) shows a biased analysis because if one wants to wash away bad plays because of bad luck on the QB, the only fair analysis is to show he also threw some horrendous passes that should have been interceptions but he got downright lucky.

So yeah, it's excuse making. It's rationalizing. The team wasn't very good yesterday. The defense, especially the run defense, was horrendous. The QB also wasn't very good. No "buts", no "well that wasn't his fault", etc.
Yes it does when it takes points off the board, and yes, they should have been able to overcome it. That's not excuse-making for Dak.

No, it wasn't his fault. That's a penalty every single time, and the penalty threw off the timing. It's blatantly obvious.

Dak was good enough to win yesterday. You keep adding all this extra noise to the conversation to try to make your point, but it's a stupid one. You want to blame him, go ahead. But it's lazy.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
You're the one who tossed Brady into the discussion, you should know it wouldn't look good in comparison. Whether there is a "drop off" does not matter, he has a winning record against good teams. Dak does not.

I'll give you a chance to go back and read my post and then try again. Actually, I'll make it simple for you. Here's the quote: "I would venture a guess that almost all QBs would have a much lower winning % vs very good teams than they would across a population of all opponents (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. all included in that)."

Prove to me that Brady's winning % is higher against winning teams than across the entire population. Also, if we're comparing Dak to Brady then he's in very good company already. How about the other good Qbs in the league?

Zordon

Reaction score
TBH, I didn't like that comment he made in the Dolphins postgame about taking a sack to save his competition percentage. His head got way too big during that 3 game stretch. He needs to humble himself.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Happens every game. Big down last week, had Cobb, threw an inaccurate pass behind Cobb making what should have been an easy pitch and catch into a tough play. It's a pattern that goes back to the beginning. A documented pattern. The exact opposite of nitpicky.
What games are you watching? Every QB has a throw or two like that.

Did you miss the play where A Rod underthrew his WR by 15 freaking yards (A. Brown PI)?

And yes, it is a pattern. And again, the specific play we are talking about is nitpicking. I'm not talking about "the pattern."

I've been super critical of Dak, but the people like you who go out of their way to bash him at every opportunity are ridiculous.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes it does when it takes points off the board, and yes, they should have been able to overcome it. That's not excuse-making for Dak.

No, it wasn't his fault. That's a penalty every single time, and the penalty threw off the timing. It's blatantly obvious.

Dak was good enough to win yesterday. You keep adding all this extra noise to the conversation to try to make your point, but it's a stupid one. You want to blame him, go ahead. But it's lazy.

It should have been a penalty on King but we don't know where that pass would have landed if King hadn't roughed him up.

I mean you are literally proving my point here.......... you want to absolve Dak of that interception because of a non penalty but we should then be able to point out his got a massive gift when he threw a horrendous pass to Cooper in the end zone that he got a gift penalty on when Smith put his hands on Fleming's facemask, which had zero to do with the outcome of the play.

Dak was not good enough to win yesterday. He was average, at best. No, he's not the sole or only or biggest reason we lost (run D was), but he was a factor. It's bizarre that you guys really struggle to admit when Dak hasn't played well.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'll give you a chance to go back and read my post and then try again. Actually, I'll make it simple for you. Here's the quote: "I would venture a guess that almost all QBs would have a much lower winning % vs very good teams than they would across a population of all opponents (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. all included in that)."

Prove to me that Brady's winning % is higher against winning teams than across the entire population. Also, if we're comparing Dak to Brady then he's in very good company already. How about the other good Qbs in the league?

And I will repeat to you: It does not matter if there is a drop off, Brady has a winning record, Dak does not. The comparison would still be a poor one. Also, if you're going to compare, the more games you play, the more chance of taking Ls. Obviously Brady will have some kind of drop off, because the Patriots win at a ridiculously high rate. In 2017 Brady had 50 wins and 33 losses against winning teams, I doubt this has changed all that much since Patriots have gone to the Super Bowl 3 straight seasons, and had to beat winning teams along the way.

It would be best to compare QBs over the same stretch of games played.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
From what I was seeing, GB was playing Cooper significantly one on one. Even the TD that made things interesting, there was no safety help and all Dak did was keep his eyes on Cooper the whole way. That was ALL Cooper who seems to have broken his route.

He looked at both sides of the field and Cooper beat the corner covering him and the safety over top.

romonumberone

Reaction score
Dak is an average NFL starting QB. Is he great like Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers? No. Just about all QB's have pretty stats to look at nowadays with all the rule changes & changes in the game.

Dak has some above average pluses. He can run. He is durable. His below average- He holds the ball too long, too slow with his reads, misses reads, inaccurate with the football, poor footwork, takes a lot of sacks, fumbles a lot.

Overall I would say Dak is average. He is lucky he plays for the Dallas Cowboys.... beyond all the obvious benefits of fame, notoriety, endorsements, etc. He plays for a team that has a great O Line. Good RB's. Very good WR's. Solid TE's. The Offense around Dak is completely stacked. A lot of QB's would play very well in this Offense in 2019.

The Cowboys beat 3 of the worst teams in the NFL. Giants, Commanders, & Dolphins. The Jets & Bengals are also included in this group. Dallas plays the Jets next week. Dak should play well. The team should win. The team based off what they have and what they have shown will probably finish either 10-6 or 9-7.

When the Cowboys pay Dak $37,000,000 a year it will be very hard to surround Dak with the same talent. If he does not improve. Which he might? But if he does not than the team will be headed for some dark days. Take away even one of Dak's toys and he looks bad. Take away his all pro LT and he cannot get the job done.

To compare Romo to Dak is funny. Romo played with a bunch of 4-12 teams and Romo lifted them up to 8-8, 9-7 or 11-5. Dak plays with a 12-4 team and drags them down to 10-6. And everyone thinks Dak is some amazing player.

A true Cowboy fan roots for everybody on the team. I am very much rooting for Dak to play well and keep improving. In some areas I think he has. Because like it or not we are stuck with Dak for a very long time.

Should the Cowboys have lost to a Saints team WITHOUT Drew Brees scoring only 10 points? Of course not. Should the Cowboys have lost at home with back to back losses falling behind 31-3? Of course not.

Romo.... IF Healthy..... BIG IF. But if Romo was healthy the team would be 5-0 right now.

The Cowboys have more talent on their team than the Saints. Are we than to assume that Bridgewater is better than Dak? No Dak is better.... but all the more reason you have to win those games.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
And what did your findings on whole body of work lead you to find on his record vs winning teams? My guess is you aren't going to like it.

All you need to do is Just read the thread.

Dak has a favorable W/L against winning teams, compared to his peers.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
TBH, I didn't like that comment he made in the Dolphins postgame about taking a sack to save his competition percentage. His head got way too big during that 3 game stretch. He needs to humble himself.

For a guy who has a history of taking awful sacks this was a big red flag for me as well. And sure enough he took awful sacks in our last two losses.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It should have been a penalty on King but we don't know where that pass would have landed if King hadn't roughed him up.

I mean you are literally proving my point here.......... you want to absolve Dak of that interception because of a non penalty but we should then be able to point out his got a massive gift when he threw a horrendous pass to Cooper in the end zone that he got a gift penalty on when Smith put his hands on Fleming's facemask, which had zero to do with the outcome of the play.

Dak was not good enough to win yesterday. He was average, at best. No, he's not the sole or only or biggest reason we lost (run D was), but he was a factor. It's bizarre that you guys really struggle to admit when Dak hasn't played well.

Just to address the first part of this post, Jason Garret said on the fan today, that the contact from King affected Gallup’s route and that Gallup was in the wrong spot because of the contact.

Dak threw that ball to the correct spot but the PI caused the route to get messed up and led to the Int.

Dak threw a few bad balls during the game last night. But I don’t think this Int was one of them.

Vandyr

Reaction score
LOL imagine watching football and saying a QB shouldn't throw a receiver in stride. Imagine watching football and seeing a QB throw a pass behind a WR and be surprised that it gets deflected into the arms of a defender that is trailing.

This also happened with Cobb in the Commanders game. It's like, holy crap, there is a pattern with the QB....

And no, it's not "100%" on Cooper, this is factually incorrect by just ADMITTING the ball was thrown behind - whether you think Cooper is at bigger fault - it does not matter. The pass by Prescott was a poor one and he couldn't hit a receiver in stride that had a good step on the corner. It's ridiculously biased to say otherwise.

Dak lacks precision on his passes and Cooper will do what he has always done and drop the ball. One players mistake does not always cancel out the others. Just stop.

This, so much this.