Twitter: SJ makes clear Cowboys won’t follow Rams “all in” plan

Cowfan75

Reaction score
This is as close to hearing Dumb and Dumber admit this will be a throwaway season. I don't expect them to even try to sell the team as contenders this season. Maybe if they hadn't
"pushed it all in" on Dak and other underwhelming players, we wouldn't have to hear Dumber tell us the cap is real.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Still can't wrap my head around Jerry and Stephen, seeing how close we are to being THAT TEAM and continue to say" we can't mortgage the future." WE GOTTA HAVE A NOW AT SOMEPOINT WHEN YOU KEEP TALKING FUTURE! Their thinking is just comical. I will give you guys odds the Chiefs, Bills, Titans, and 49ers will make moves where needed and be a better football team.
They already mortgaged the near future with their recent contracts to the star players!

DandyDon52

Reaction score

This is the annual Cowboys front office off season “process”- tell the fans “we can’t afford good FAs because of the cap and the future”, then dumpster dive for “affordable” FAs, sell every draft pick as a future pro bowler, then act surprised when they either don’t make the playoffs or lose early.

Wash, rinse, repeat. And sell the fans starting in training camp that this is a SB roster.

Meanwhile, teams with a great front office like the rams, bucs, chiefs, packers, ravens, etc. somehow (under the same cap rules Stephen Jones whines about) are able to sign quality free agents and get under the cap. It’s not like this is some kind of state secret to get under the cap.
it is
rocket science to the jones boys lol.
They will roll with dak too, while other teams got rid of their over paid QB's that were not producing.
They will continue to draft, but they wont get the big 1tech everyone has stated they need, and the other line positions, who knows what they do?

As far as the safetys, and corners, I think best game to look at is the SF game, see how they did in that game, and if they played good they
should try to keep them.
problem is they will want to be overpaid too, as that is what they see jones boys do with others.

The Rams did a masterful job at building their team, and they won a SB, so job accomplished, and if it causes a BIGGER PROBLEM, then that is ok
because they did get the ring.
I doubt the jones boys are smart enough to do what rams did even if they wanted to. Denver also went all in a few years back and it paid off.
TB went all in with brady and got a ring.

Cowboys didnt even talk to brady, and they will pass on rodgers and wilson too. They wont be getting any guys like von, suh, donald either.
They think gregory is as good as those guys lol.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Still can't wrap my head around Jerry and Stephen, seeing how close we are to being THAT TEAM and continue to say" we can't mortgage the future." WE GOTTA HAVE A NOW AT SOMEPOINT WHEN YOU KEEP TALKING FUTURE! Their thinking is just comical. I will give you guys odds the Chiefs, Bills, Titans, and 49ers will make moves where needed and be a better football team.

Exactly right.

A scared man never wins.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is why I laugh every offseason posters/fans target big-time free agents. Even Catch 17 always wants the cheap QB so we can sign more free agents. That's never going to be Stephen Jones. He doesn't trust free agents outside the team enough to pay big money. In fact, if you recall for a long time before hiring MM, he refused to sign any 30+ or a mid-tier free agent but he's at least softened that a bit.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

This is the annual Cowboys front office off season “process”- tell the fans “we can’t afford good FAs because of the cap and the future”, then dumpster dive for “affordable” FAs, sell every draft pick as a future pro bowler, then act surprised when they either don’t make the playoffs or lose early.

Wash, rinse, repeat. And sell the fans starting in training camp that this is a SB roster.

Meanwhile, teams with a great front office like the rams, bucs, chiefs, packers, ravens, etc. somehow (under the same cap rules Stephen Jones whines about) are able to sign quality free agents and get under the cap. It’s not like this is some kind of state secret to get under the cap.

Those teams you listed all have good to great coaching. I am not saying we have as much talent as those teams...but we just saw what the 49ers did with "pretty good" talent....but EXCELLENT coaching. When you don't have elite talent....and you have average coaching at best....we will be what Dallas always is....average. The Jones boys are the biggest problem in Dallas in so many ways. But it is obvious that we are just playing out the string with McCarthy because they do not want to eat 3 years on his contract. He is out of his league with the top coaches in the NFL today. The Jones Boys are on RECORD saying there are 500 coaches that could coach the Dallas Cowboys....they meant it then...and they still feel that way today. If they TRULY wanted to win...they would hire a search firm to get a real head coach...and they would get out of the way and let a real head coach do what a real head coach is supposed to do. We hired Mike McCarthy off the couch. I don't think we truly grasp what that signifies. He then turns around and hires Mike Nolan off the couch! We are so hypnotized by the Silver and Blue....so mesmerized by the Star...many of us do not grasp how much tomfoolery those 2 moves alone represent! I don't encourage anyone to sit and think too long about the hiring of Mike McCarthy and Mike Nolan....because it is evidence that after running a NFL franchise for 25 years without Jimmy...the Jones Boys have learned next to NOTHING!!!

Hardline

Reaction score
The cap wouldn't even be an issue if they followed my plan. Give the players cap friendly contracts and pay them millions more to do unrelated side jobs.Dak could play for 20 million a year and sweep Jerry's driveway for 20 million a year.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Our team is a rich man's hobby .

Problem is unlike most rich men he's not allowed to throw as much money at his hobby as he needs to to overcome his lack of skill and be successful as the cap constrains him.

The other big problem is in the areas where he is allowed to spend unlimited funds such as coaching and scouting.

He is too prideful to use this option to succeed . It's just no fun for him if he can't orchestrate every move and have his DNA on everything in case there is some success

Jerry has proved he is the best at making money. But the league is smart enough not to let him use his best talent to build a successful team.

So we as fans will just suffer with his team building process until we are gone because there are too many Joneses in line for us to outlive

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
You don't need to go all in... If our Wonderboy OC knew what he was doing, we have the manpower to get to (at least) the conference round every year with what we have. The problem is KM doesn't know how to use what he has without someone risking getting injured let alone getting injured.. . Of course I want us to get to the Superbowl every year but this one and done is old.

There is no doubt KM needs to go but until that happens, as Bobhaze said, Wash, Rinse Repeat.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Our team is like the Greek and Roman empires incredible in their day but just something for tourists to view now and reminisce about how things used to be.

Because like these ancient civilizations we will never come back to the dominance and the power that we once had.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Was listening to the radio this morning and they say Dallas is one of the most "all-in" franchises in the league.
Just not as all-in as the Rams
:popcorn:

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Why should we follow the Rams' plan?

Remember when we spent years trying to replicate the Patriots?

Stephen Jones is too smart to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.

He is going to follow the "draft and develop" approach which has worked for, well, nobody.
Great movie reference!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because those teams have GM’s with jobs on the line.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Can’t stand this moron. He shouldn’t be in charge of a pop Warner team

kskboys

Reaction score

They couldn't if they wanted to. You have to have football saavy people in charge to do what the Rams did. We............don't.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Every year we have a new SB champ and they are always the one we should copy. lol

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree with you that ‘21 free agency was a little better than most years. But let’s be honest, that bar is set pretty low. And going into a season clearly needing upgrades at 3 positions and yet not addressing it “for cap reasons” is not ever going to get it done.
And they create these holes themselves by odd drafting philosophy.