Video: Skip Bayless nails it in regards to Dak not getting signed it

Verdict

Reaction score
I hope you're right but turning down the deals that he reportedly has, deals on par with and bigger than deals signed by QBs who have been to and won Super Bowls, says to me a gaudy contract is more important to Dak than a few fewer million and staying in Dallas.
That sure appears to be the case.

Verdict

Reaction score
Although he made one great point you guys are missing.

Jerry usually caves and overpays or at least comes close to giving into a players' demands. He did it with Elliott, he did it with Lawrence, he did it with Bryant, he made Martin the highest paid OG, he made Smith the highest paid OT, he made Frederick the highest paid OC.......... he probably overpaid Crawford, he likely overpaid J Smith. Cooper's deal is fair but he's one of the Top 3 highest paid WRs too. If he wants to keep you, he pays market or more.

So I am not buying any spin coming from Dak's camp that they didn't give Dak a fair (or greater) contract. Dak and his boys dug in, they wouldn't budge, and the deadline came and went.
I very seldom agree with anything you say, lol, but I think you are probably right in this particular instance.

Scotman

Reaction score
No.

Dak is here for $31.4m for this next season, yet fans are angry at the front office for not giving in to his ridiculous contract demands.

Explain to me, how that is in the best interest of the Dallas Cowboys? As a Cowboy fan, why wouldnt you want an additional year to evaluate Dak under a brand new head coach? If the team underperforms once again, kick him to the curb and move forward with a new QB. If he reaches the NFC Championship game, offer him a fair, but not franchise-crippling, contract.
You and I are way apart on what we think Dak is, but I do agree with this. Even those of us who like Dak should be able to see that the side effect of not getting him signed is that you get another year of probation.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you can’t stop zeroing In on the guy who threw for 4900 yds then you clearly have something in your head keeping you from looking at anything with a hint of objectivity.

How about I help get you started. Our defense had 4 takeaways in our 8 losses. That stat alone would cause any team to lose 8 games.

I am not "zeroing in". I have no Dak hate whatsoever. Far as i am concerned he's done an okay job. One thing I don't do is just cherry pick stats to prove my opinions. If you take some care reading my comment....you can tell that I am pointing out some hypocrisy by other people. They often cite Zeke's yards and say "where'd that get us". Or "total yards is a fake stat". I shouldn't need to tell you who these people are...they've let their zeke hate be known.

I also an referencing people who use win loss record to judge Andy. But not Dak. Andy "caused all the cinci problems" but Cowboys losses (are) a TEAM stat.

Is indeed a team stat....as you point out here. As it should be for Andy too.

Didn't mean to offend you. But I think if you are going to accuse me of something, you should look at my overall M.O> not just one small comment and call it "you can't stop zeroing in on Dak". Simply not true. Almost anytime I mention Dak is in defense of the rest of my team. I also want the best player at any given position to be the one on the field. That ain;t hatin''''it's the way it should be.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

I know we don't need another Dak thread but Dak brings up some interesting points

-Dak may not have been demanding Mahommes money but it was pretty darn close

-Jerry has always been reasonable in contract negotiations and has always more or less overpaid. Prescott and the new agent was being unreasonable

-The new contract offered by Dallas would've made him the second highest paid qb with over 80 million guaranteed

-The media is currently bashing the dallas cowboys on this but how come no one is reporting what Dak's demands where. That's a very good point by Bayless

-This isn't a kirk cousins deal because Dallas did offer Dak a fair deal, unlike Washington. Dak just didn't want it

I'm left with two things here

1. Does Dak even want to play here anymore? Valid question

2. Why is Jerry the villain all of a sudden, considering in their history they have always signed the player they wanted or needed?

I like Prescott, but several of his fans have to ask themselves, are you a fan of the Dallas Cowboys or a fan of Dak Prescott because his demands are literally detrimental to the team and its success in the future.

Everyone can debate on what he is worth, and there are those on both sides that obviously don't care what happens to the team as long as what they wont to happen with Prescott happens. Here is the thing he is signed for this year and unless your mentally unstable he is BY FAR the best QB to start on the team.... so in reverse if your really asking for Dak to make 31million this year and sit while we lose with Dalton..our you a fan of the team? see it works both ways.... I'm npt sure how the easy answer to play him this year make sure he gets along with the new coach and make a decision based on that is so hard to see.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

I know we don't need another Dak thread but Dak brings up some interesting points

-Dak may not have been demanding Mahommes money but it was pretty darn close

-Jerry has always been reasonable in contract negotiations and has always more or less overpaid. Prescott and the new agent was being unreasonable

-The new contract offered by Dallas would've made him the second highest paid qb with over 80 million guaranteed

-The media is currently bashing the dallas cowboys on this but how come no one is reporting what Dak's demands where. That's a very good point by Bayless

-This isn't a kirk cousins deal because Dallas did offer Dak a fair deal, unlike Washington. Dak just didn't want it

I'm left with two things here

1. Does Dak even want to play here anymore? Valid question

2. Why is Jerry the villain all of a sudden, considering in their history they have always signed the player they wanted or needed?

I like Prescott, but several of his fans have to ask themselves, are you a fan of the Dallas Cowboys or a fan of Dak Prescott because his demands are literally detrimental to the team and its success in the future.

Bayless is an idiot. What top QB he can name when their contract came up signed for the 2nd best contract? The second best contract for a top QB has always been the top contract the year before.

Therefore it was brain dead Jerry Dumbo GM Jones that thought he could sign any top QB to the second best top QB contract in NFL history.