Video: Skip - Cowboys vs Colts preview

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Shannon had an amazing stat and it’s so amazing it doesn’t sound accurate.

He said we have given up 14 4th quarter points and in the last 6 games we have allowed no 4th quarter points but the Eagles scored last week? Maybe I heard him wrong or his numbers are not accurate.

Flamma

Reaction score

He said we have given up 14 4th quarter points and in the last 6 games we have allowed no 4th quarter points but the Eagles scored last week? Maybe I heard him wrong or his numbers are not accurate.

He meant first quarter points. If you listen to it again you'll see that he corrects himself.

What he did say that troubles me a little is despite how well we played we still needed OT to win. We are dominating time of possession and overall plays run and we're squeaking out games. Either way I still think Dallas beats the Colts. They haven't played this defense yet.

JBS

Reaction score

He corrected himself..1st quarter points..not 4th..I'm pretty certain that stat is accurate

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
This is going to be a tough game... I honestly see a L tomorrow. Hope I am wrong— but this feels like we are walking into a buzz saw.

Indy has to have the W— we just emotionally expended ourselves the last few weeks and the division is basically ours with the cushion we have now and the state of the other teams in the NFCE.

Add to that the fact we are beat up— I just think there is a lot for us to overcome. If we do I will be ecstatic and happy to be proved wrong!

Indy 26
Dallas 17

DCowboyz

Reaction score
^ I agree. I don't think we'll win this one. Which to be honest, I don't mind. I didn't expect them to go 11-5. I feel like we'll ease up vs the Colts.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Colts need this game. The Cowboys have a cushion. They don't need it.

That has me picking the Colts.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Surprise surprise....the quintessential Cowboys haters (Shannon, SAS) have chosen Indy.

1-Please-Tell-Me-More-Meme.jpg

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is going to be a tough game... I honestly see a L tomorrow. Hope I am wrong— but this feels like we are walking into a buzz saw.

Indy has to have the W— we just emotionally expended ourselves the last few weeks and the division is basically ours with the cushion we have now and the state of the other teams in the NFCE.

Add to that the fact we are beat up— I just think there is a lot for us to overcome. If we do I will be ecstatic and happy to be proved wrong!

Indy 26
Dallas 17

Fake fan.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Colts are the team that ended the Texans win streak, but at the same time lost 0-6, to the Jags and got shut out by them. If the Colts that played against the Texans shows up, then this game will be tough for the Cowboys.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Indy 26
Dallas 17

I agree.

I’m expecting an L tomorrow and I don’t think that it means much going forward either.

A win would be great though but I’d be surprised if our team didn’t let off the gas peddle a little after being full throttle for so long.

Colts will want this game more then our guys will and they’re at home.

If TY Hilton sits out then it could be a really low scoring game that favors Dallas but I see Andrew Lucks mobility being the key factor for them in this game.

pitt33

Reaction score
The Colts have played well against some good defenses i.e. Bills, Texans, Titans and Commanders. I see Ebron giving us fits as all TE’s do against our otherwise stout defense. Colts are playing before their home crowd and they cover the spread.

Colts 27
Cowboys 20

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I agree.

I’m expecting an L tomorrow and I don’t think that it means much going forward either.

A win would be great though but I’d be surprised if our team didn’t let off the gas peddle a little after being full throttle for so long.

Colts will want this game more then our guys will and they’re at home.

If TY Hilton sits out then it could be a really low scoring game that favors Dallas but I see Andrew Lucks mobility being the key factor for them in this game.

Agree. Non conference L doesn’t mean much at this point.

Would be nice to sew up the division asap— but tough to win in this league period— let alone facing some of the particular intangibles we will be facing tomorrow.

I posted on another thread that if we win tomorrow IMO it will be the most impressive win of the streak bc we have benefited from a “backs against the wall” urgency the past few games and that urgency simply is not there to the same degree tomorrow.

IF we do come out focused and execute well on the road— we would all have to acknowledge the simple fact that Garrett truly has got this team in peak condition going down the stretch

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm surprised so many people are writing Dallas off. I get it. It's hard to put together a win streak in the NFL. So, there is that going against the Cowboys. Still, if the Cowboys are going to go in there and just lay over, because they don't need this game, then they have no business being in the playoffs. This will say a lot about Garrett's team this year. I think they can take this game.

Get the loss out of the way at the end of the year to the Giants with most our team resting during the 2nd half.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
He corrected himself..1st quarter points..not 4th..I'm pretty certain that stat is accurate
But I thought he said the second-most (or "next closest" as he put it) allowed points are in the 1st quarter with 38. Didn't sound like a correction to me, rather he said that the 4th quarter we allowed the fewest points and the 1st quarter we allowed the second fewest.

Also, he prefaces his 4th quarter points comment with "he's the thing, Indy. You're gonna need to get off to a flying start", implying that the Colts need to score early because they won't be able to score at the end of the game.

Of course, ultimately the 4th quarter points thing is definitely inaccurate since the Eagles scored in the 4th as another poster pointed out. But Shannon never actually corrected himself (unless he does at the end of the video, but I only watched the first half)

JBS

Reaction score
But I thought he said the ssecond-most allowed points are in the 1st quarter with 38. Didn't sound like a correction to me, rather he said that the 4th quarter we allowed the fewest points and the 1st quarter we allowed the second fewest.

Also, he prefaces his 4th quarter points comment with "he's the thing, Indy. You're gonna need to get off to a flying start", implying that the Colts need to score early because they won't be able to score at the end of the game.

Of course, ultimately the 4th quarter points thing is definitely inaccurate since the Eagles scored in the 4th as another poster pointed out. But Shannon never actually corrected himself (unless he does at the end of the video, but I only watched the first half)

Its definitely first quarter points