Skip: "I don't have sympathy for (Dak) for going public about his depression."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The CDC did a survey that 25% of everyone between 18 and 24 thought of suicide during the pandemic. If Dak felt anxiety during that time, he was just like everyone else.
im not bashing him... im just saying it isnt something I would be out publicly talking about. And this pandemic...wow, if sitting on your *** on the internet while you collect your unemployment makes you think of suicide... how the hell would those 18 to 24 year olds have responded in WW@. Thank God it was our grandfathers fighting that world and not today's youngsters.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
I’m sure they won’t do anything but Fox Sports responded.

Keep in mind that this is a scripted and produced show, Sharpe, Bayless and a bevy of producers sat around a table last night and went over material for the show and were fully aware of the nature of the comments.

They're all guilty of unbelievable insensitivity in my eyes and i truly wish that people would see these shows for what they are.

A pox on the lot of them!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Im also former military.... Im not talking rank and file, im talking about the commanders. They might seek help, but they arent gonna stand in front of the troops and talk about all the depression they are having.

You do realize I hope that there's a huge difference between people who play a game and those who are literally entrusted with the lives of their subordinates.

Yes, the latter would certainly need to remain strong and keep private matters that way. Why should Dak be held to the same level of responsibility when all he does is play a game? Those are two totally different levels of leadership that have no place being compared. Its like saying the team leader at a Taco Bell should also be avoiding sharing something like a personal battle with depression.

Oh, and thank you for your service. I'm a Marine Corps vet....

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This is just a horrendous take right here.
it is horrible, today we are woke, where everyone gets to be sad and sot around and cry. well, go ahead and be sad as the world just kicks your *** all over the place day after day. Someone once said you better be training, EVERYDAY, because when you get on that ring, your opponent is life, and life will knock your *** out if you arent prepared. Mean? Cruel? not sensitive? yea, thats called reality.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Uhm..... have you played football? Have you served in the military? I live in a planet where a room full of 25 year old men full of testosterone dont want to hear guys whining about their depression. I served in the gulf war and cant even imagine trying to sit and tell my marine brothers how depressed I was because I missed my wife and 2 year old daughter. Thats the REALITY of those groups of people. What the hell world do you live in? Maybe today Marines can cry to each other about how sad they are, not when I was in.
Alright well just because you’re old and didn’t take care of your mental health doesn’t mean these young guys should be as reckless and do the same. You clearly have some form of brain damage and should’ve seemed some from of mental help being as insensitive you are towards people with depression.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
BY the way, im not saying the man didnt have every reason to mourn, miss and be sad... even depressed about his brother. Im just saying I wouldnt have went public with it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
BY the way, im not saying the man didnt have every reason to mourn, miss and be sad... even depressed about his brother. Im just saying I wouldnt have went public with it.
Because you are afraid of what others might think of you. But in the real world people suffer from depression and who knows how many lives are saved from people with mental health issues seeing a athlete admit to it. The world is bigger than football.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Let’s discuss IQ....where did I call you a name? You want to be insensitive about people with depression but want to play victim....cry me a river.
I asked the same. Where was the name-calling in that post?
And I have no bone in this one.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Skip should never apologize for telling the truth but sadly he will.

What he said couldn't be more right though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I asked the same. Where was the name-calling in that post?
And I have no bone in this one.
Yeah I didn’t call him one name. But he wants to play victim and have people feel sorry for him even though he’s insensitive towards the thought of someone admitting they had depression.

Kaiser

Reaction score
im not bashing him... im just saying it isnt something I would be out publicly talking about. And this pandemic...wow, if sitting on your *** on the internet while you collect your unemployment makes you think of suicide... how the hell would those 18 to 24 year olds have responded in WW@. Thank God it was our grandfathers fighting that world and not today's youngsters.

The difference is that Dak is talking about dealing with normal recovery issues that every has. You would have a point if Dak was talking about this stuff in the huddle in the 4th quarter of a close game. He wasn't, he said he dealt with several emotional blows and he said it like a normal person should.

And I was in Desert Storm too and had Vietnam Vets tell me I had it easier than they did. They were right, and those guys had WWII Vets telling them the same thing.

The WWII Vets had WWI Vets telling them "You wimps got hot chow and free cigarettes"

JayFord

Reaction score
Clyde edwards helaire looks great but the line looks better

Status
Not open for further replies.