Twitter: Skip:When did Dak become Tom Brady?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dalton is good enough to perform at least on the same level or higher than Dak. Insurance for a Dak holdout might be the real reason Dalton was signed. What else could it be? Having a capable backup on the roster hasn't been a priority for how many years until now?

Last edited:

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Maybe Jerry realized Dalton is good enough to perform at least on the same level or higher than Dak. Insurance for a Dak holdout might be the real reason Dalton was signed. What else could it be? Having a capable backup on the roster hasn't been a priority for how many years until now?
I could be that Dalton is exactly what he was hired for...a backup to Dak. I am glad they finally got a decent backup qb. If Dak does hold out, (which I don't think he will), at least we will have someone with playing time under their belt. With Rush we did not have that.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
People are impatient. Dak doesn’t need to sign before July 15th. If he holds out past then, I’ll join Skip.

If he holds out past the 15th, the tag still applies but the money doesn't. Cowboys could offer $1 and he takes and plays or sits out the season.

Edit: My bad! if a long term deal is not worked out by July 15th, then the tag and salary apply automatically and any long term deal would be for the next year on and not be applicable to the 20-21 season..

Last edited:

egn22

Reaction score
how many other QBs that got paid on 4 year deals are Brady?

Wilson - 4 yrs - $140M, $107M gtd
Rodgers - 4 yrs - $135M, 98.7M gtd
Wentz - 4 yrs - $128M, 107.9 gtd
Goff - 4yrs - $134M, 110 gtd
Tannehill - 4yrs - $118M, $91M gtd

He wants a 4 year deal. give it to him

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If he holds out past the 15th, the tag still applies but the money doesn't. Cowboys could offer $1 and he takes and plays or sits out the season.

If they don't get a deal done by 7/15, Dak has 3 options. Sign the tag, sit out the season, or sit out a portion of the season. If July 15th comes and goes with no deal, I would love to hear the team publicly state that if he holds out even one game, Dalton will be named the starter for the entire year.

J_Allen

Reaction score

He also wants a ridiculous amount of money for going 8 and 8 every year. No thanks.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ya Skip is off the Dak band-wagon....

this guy lives and makes his money off of the cowboys. he creates controversies, because he knows anything cowboys sell and brings eyes to the TV...he wrote a book during the 90s about cowboys, claiming that a player said that Aikman was gay (not that there is anything wrong with that), he makes up stuff....he is National Enquirer of NFL......
I don't trust anything he says and does....

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Forget "When did Dak become Tom Brady?" The real question is, "When did Andy Dalton become so great?"
He didn't. Those that want Dalton to get in here believe he can do as good or better than Dak. I think they would be in for a rude awakening.

ACR and those like him/her, don't like Dak and that's that. They never will. To each their own.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

I believe all of those with the exception of Tannehill were extensions that prorated over the final years of the previous contract. So Dak’s 4-year demand is a very different beast.