Twitter: Slater: I’m told he’s been at the facility nearly everyday rehabbing

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s asking to be paid right behind a guy who in his first starting season threw 50 TD passes and took his team to the AFC championship game. Won MVP. 2nd year won the super bowl and the third year went to the supper bowl again. I mean really? He’s asking to be kid right behind him? Who in the right mind believes he should get that?
It’s what the market dictates. Mahomes should’ve asked for more. He didn’t. That doesn’t mean Lamar, Baker or Dak are going to take less.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo was overpaid . He is a bit more accurate and talented than dak , and pulled some amazing comebacks ( dak has not ) , but I agree romp was overpaid . This prices the QB is not the cowboys problem . It is the defense . The GM likes to sell tickets .
Romo could never take care of the football like Dak has.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Their best hope is to luck into a season like 2016, minus the obligatory divisional round choke job.

They *may* have really lucked into a SB team in 2016, and then screwed the pooch by not playing Tony. He was MVP level in 2014. Higher ceiling in 2016 with Tony than Dak. And GB CBs couldn't hang with Dez that day. That was the last time we saw Dez play "I'm just better than you". Tony knew how to play that game with Dez. Zeke and the oline were even *more* dominant than Murray in 2014, especially by December, at 5.5ypc vs. 4.0ypc, and the defense was in better shape. Better team around the QB in 2016.

If Tony had broken again, we've got a proven rookie to put back in. They passed up a chance to see if Tony could still play at the 2014 level to play a rookie who surely couldn't, who would be with the team for years to come regardless. They had two bites at the apple, and only took one.

Smith, Frederick, Martin, and Lee made All Pro in 2016. Better team. The height of the oline.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
They *may* have really lucked into a SB team in 2016, and then screwed the pooch by not playing Tony. He was MVP level in 2014. Higher ceiling in 2016 with Tony than Dak. And GB CBs couldn't hang with Dez that day. That was the last time we saw Dez play "I'm just better than you". Tony knew how to play that game with Dez. Zeke and the oline were even *more* dominant than Murray in 2014, especially by December, at 5.5ypc vs. 4.0ypc, and the defense was in better shape. Better team around the QB in 2016.

If Tony had broken again, we've got a proven rookie to put back in. They passed up a chance to see if Tony could still play at the 2014 level to play a rookie who surely couldn't, who would be with the team for years to come regardless. They had two bites at the apple, and only took one.

Smith, Frederick, Martin, and Lee made All Pro in 2016. Better team. The height of the oline.

Not playing Tony? The D failed us in the playoffs.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Have you seen him against quality defenses ? He folds badly .
Good QBs don’t fail to score ONE Touchdown against. bad defenses like the eagles in 2019 and other games . He just disappears against good teams , and makes too many mistakes against bad teams as well . Don’t forget his record is worst than dalton last year , he started 1-4 . Noting close to elite .
And yes the defense sucks , and that’s why the cowboys need the cap money to fix it and not pay for and average QB acting like a child and wants respect and more money than elite QBs
Mahomes didn’t score a TD in the superbowl. Guess he isn’t good

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Have you seen him against quality defenses ? He folds badly .
Good QBs don’t fail to score ONE Touchdown against. bad defenses like the eagles in 2019 and other games . He just disappears against good teams , and makes too many mistakes against bad teams as well . Don’t forget his record is worst than dalton last year , he started 1-4 . Noting close to elite .
And yes the defense sucks , and that’s why the cowboys need the cap money to fix it and not pay for and average QB acting like a child and wants respect and more money than elite QBs
You haters keep saying he folds against good defenses which is total bs. It’s hard to score points when you’re not on the field because the Cowboys defense is getting gashed repeatedly by both the pass and run. Then when Dak gets the ball the WR will drop a ball or Zeke will fumble or special teams will pin the offense at the 5 or 10 yard line which puts the defense back on the field.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You haters keep saying he folds against good defenses which is total bs. It’s hard to score points when you’re not on the field because the Cowboys defense is getting gashed repeatedly by both the pass and run. Then when Dak gets the ball the WR will drop a ball or Zeke will fumble or special teams will pin the offense at the 5 or 10 yard line which puts the defense back on the field.

Yup. They expect Dak to carry the entire offense. How come Zeke rarely gets a thread on how he's usually a no show vs good defenses? When he got paid to be elite. Dak needs a consistent run game, same as Aikman needed Emmitt vs good teams (that had a good defense). Since we know the defense won't help the offense with turnovers, resulting in good field position for Dak & the offense.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yup. They expect Dak to carry the entire offense. How come Zeke rarely gets a thread on how he's usually a no show vs good defenses? When he got paid to be elite. Dak needs a consistent run game, same as Aikman needed Emmitt vs good teams (that had a good defense). Since we know the defense won't help the offense with turnovers, resulting in good field position for Dak & the offense.
Imagine the defense showing up against the Rams? Instead getting gashed for 200 yards by CJ Anderson. Daks fault. Imagine Byron jones not losing Jared cook against Green Bay? Daks fault. Both of those games would have had us in the NFCCG for the first time in 25 years.

JonesBoys

Reaction score

well if Dak is going to get what he wants money wise he will have to carry the offense. Only so much money to go around after paying him that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't think anyone disagrees with you that Dak is a good QB that can help us achieve our goals. You're right and I completely 100% agree with you. He's a good QB.

He's not elite and he's certainly not a Mahomes caliber QB. Paying him like he is Mahomes and receiving good QB play will severely hamper the rest of the team.

Paying Dak Mahomes money means Dallas will have to draft starters in every round of the draft to avoid being 8-8 or worse every year. Considering we do not have a great track record with drafting this is highly improbable.

Dallas has to stop paying good players elite money.

I don't think he will get the same contract or amount as Mahomes, I think one thing in Dallas favor is most of the key starters are under contract and many of those contracts can and likely will be restructured to free up cash. I think once a deal is done the 1st year of Dak contract will be much less than the 31 mill we got hit with last season, as most contracts tend to pay more later in the deal as opposed to at the start of the deal. Like any contract there will be an out year as well. I also know cap will increase, while this year cap will be lower it will not stay low not with a TV network deal that is worth over 100 Billion dollars and NFLPA will make sure they share in this windfall. I'm sorry I do not buy into this doom and gloom that if Dak is signed we will not be able to keep quality players or bring in good players.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak lets Tad do his whining for him :muttley:

Tad is a grown man and can talk for himself but has 0 to do with any of this. Do you have relatives that speak for you? Dak is doing what players should do, keep you mouth shut and let the person you hired handle the contract. So often players get upset and start the crap of pay me or trade me and make other comments only to take them back once a deal is done.

JonesBoys

Reaction score

If they go that route than face value on regular home game tickets will $1,200 soon. There is a salary cap that would have to keep going up if QB’s are going to make that type of money. The owners will than of course pass that along to us the fans. TV revenue will have to go up as well and be passed along to us with higher prices for Sunday ticket or streaming ect.. Where is the breaking the point?