Twitter: Slater: I’m told he’s been at the facility nearly everyday rehabbing

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My best guess: this is Stephen’s show now.

As in, this is the first BIG contract that he’s 100% responsible for, with zero input from his old man. Jerry’s finally passing the torch.

We’ve always heard about how Stephen is naturally more frugal than Jerry, and now we’re living that truth.

So this is my thing....last we heard before this whole debacle...was at the last minute of last year Dak and Stephen talked on the phone about getting a deal done. Now its like we are back to where we started....its just a mess. Jerry would've been had this deal done. This is my concerns when I say Stephen may actually be worse than Jerry.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
If 1 wildcard win is worth 40 plus million could you imagine what Dak would want if he won a super bowl? 60 million a year? Why stop there how about the whole cap limit?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If 1 wildcard win is worth 40 plus million could you imagine what Dak would want if he won a super bowl? 60 million a year? Why stop there how about the whole cap limit?

You don't pay guys based on team performance.....its never been that way I don't know why you guys want to make it that way now just because Dak is involved.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You should make a blues song about Cowboys fans and their quarter century plight and yet they're still here.

Taking the punches.
Getting dragged down the road.
Hearing the old man's sales job.
Heavy the load.
Light at the tunnel!
Just a railroad.
Why are we here?
Nowhere to go.

Make a decent bridge, imo.

Nice...words are powerful.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
You don't pay guys based on team performance.....its never been that way I don't know why you guys want to make it that way now just because Dak is involved.

I like Dak. He is a good QB who has improved. Still has too many flaws in his game to be paid like a generational player let’s be real. Especially with a salary cap you can’t keep overpaying for guys. Dak at 35 million spread out? Sure. Dak on a shorter deal over 40 million, no thanks.

JonesBoys

Reaction score

He’s asking to be paid right behind a guy who in his first starting season threw 50 TD passes and took his team to the AFC championship game. Won MVP. 2nd year won the super bowl and the third year went to the supper bowl again. I mean really? He’s asking to be kid right behind him? Who in the right mind believes he should get that?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I like Dak. He is a good QB who has improved. Still has too many flaws in his game to be paid like a generational player let’s be real. Especially with a salary cap you can’t keep overpaying for guys. Dak at 35 million spread out? Sure. Dak on a shorter deal over 40 million, no thanks.

Ya be real. No QB is worth 40 mill.

basel90

Reaction score
I didn’t contradict myself at all. Borderline elite is not elite LOL. I do believe he has more upside left in him. And why did you neglect to mention that he’s been playing with one of the worst defenses in the NFL huh? Maybe you have an agenda? And why did you fail to mention that the only time he played with a top 10 defense the team won 13 games? Why?
Have you seen him against quality defenses ? He folds badly .
Good QBs don’t fail to score ONE Touchdown against. bad defenses like the eagles in 2019 and other games . He just disappears against good teams , and makes too many mistakes against bad teams as well . Don’t forget his record is worst than dalton last year , he started 1-4 . Noting close to elite .
And yes the defense sucks , and that’s why the cowboys need the cap money to fix it and not pay for and average QB acting like a child and wants respect and more money than elite QBs

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
And yes the defense sucks , and that’s why the cowboys need the cap money to fix it and not pay for and average QB acting like a child and wants respect and more money than elite QBs

Was Romo average? He got paid. At least a child has humility, do you"

basel90

Reaction score
Was Romo average? He got paid. At least a child has humility, do you"
Romo was overpaid . He is a bit more accurate and talented than dak , and pulled some amazing comebacks ( dak has not ) , but I agree romp was overpaid . This prices the QB is not the cowboys problem . It is the defense . The GM likes to sell tickets .

Nav22

Reaction score
So this is my thing....last we heard before this whole debacle...was at the last minute of last year Dak and Stephen talked on the phone about getting a deal done. Now its like we are back to where we started....its just a mess. Jerry would've been had this deal done. This is my concerns when I say Stephen may actually be worse than Jerry.
Yep. There’s no way Jerry lets it get to this point if this was still his show.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Romo was overpaid . He is a bit more accurate and talented than dak , and pulled some amazing comebacks ( dak has not ) , but I agree romp was overpaid . This prices the QB is not the cowboys problem . It is the defense . The GM likes to sell tickets .

Bit more accurate? Disagree. More talented with reckless int's, I agree. My point is if Dak is average, same criteria applied to Romo's play.

Last edited:

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
How exactly are there "good talks" yet not meaningful?

Exactly what are they discussing?

Sounds like a bunch of air
what do you expect? For them to have good talks? It's not like they have been talking for 3 years on an extension, right?