Twitter: Slater: Keep an eye on Trysten Hill at 58

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
With how easy it is to move up... Why not just take the actual best available player if you're stuck at 58 and then move up with your 3rd rounder and get Hill?

I've not followed the draft much this offseason but it seems like a consensus that Trysten Hill is a reach at 58 because he's closer to the 100th best player then he is the 50th.

Sydla

Reaction score
A 4th should get you in the 40s in the 2nd. Move up and get your safety and then use your 5th to move up in the 3rd.

And I really don't trust Rod Marinelli when it comes to drafting DTs. He's the guy that celebrates Ivey in the late rounds like we just landed Aaron Donald.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
With how easy it is to move up... Why not just take the actual best available player if you're stuck at 58 and then move up with your 3rd rounder and get Hill?

I've not followed the draft much this offseason but it seems like a consensus that Trysten Hill is a reach at 58 because he's closer to the 100th best player then he is the 50th.
Brandt - 68
Brugler - 91
McShay - 87
Kiper - 189

all over the place.

Sydla

Reaction score
The good news is these early guesses/prognostications are rarely accurate.

Carson

Reaction score
Brugler and Broadus are very good at ball parking who we will pick so if the safeties they like are off the board and they think Hill or Ferguson are the guys we will likely draft then you gotta take it as accurate at this point.

Agreed.

Once they pegged yesterday that they loved Hill, we knew that’s the pick.

Once Thornhill is gone, Rod gets his guy who likely makes minimumal impact this season.

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score

Everything I've seen has him going in the third round. Hill is one of those / player as in DT1/DT3 he can play both. A lot of mock draft have him going to Dallas in the 3rd

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Brugler and Broadus are very good at ball parking who we will pick so if the safeties they like are off the board and they think Hill or Ferguson are the guys we will likely draft then you gotta take it as accurate at this point.
It's bee obvious all week. If Thornhill is gone, Hill or Ferguson is the pick. Long shot is Samuel if he is there. That would make for an interesting discussion in the war room.