Small fact about a former cowboy

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
this is not a political post, and don't turn it into one, Just a small cowboys fact, Obama played on the same highschool Basketball team in Hawaii as our very own Mark Tuinei.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
cool i didnt know that, i do know mark tunei was from hawaii and he was a good basketball player, but didnt know he played with the new president at college, like they say its a small world

aquavita

Reaction score
Haaa, that is too cool. I wonder if Mark remembers the new President.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aquavita;2403832 said:
Haaa, that is too cool. I wonder if Mark remembers the new President.
Mark Tuinei died about a year or so after he retired from the 'boys. Accidental overdose.

Decleater101

Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2403749 said:
this is not a political post, and don't turn it into one, Just a small cowboys fact, Obama played on the same highschool Basketball team in Hawaii as our very own Mark Tuinei.

That is interesting. Any way we can use that to get us to the super bowl this year? :confused:

peck-sicilyisland

Reaction score
May Mark rest in peace,he was a great football player, and better person,he made a mistake, and it cost him.

aquavita

Reaction score
HighTechDave;2403846 said:
so to answer the question, Mark doesn't remember

Huh. How the hell did I forget that he died that long ago. Sucks to remember it now.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
peck-sicilyisland;2403854 said:
May Mark rest in peace,he was a great football player, and better person,he made a mistake, and it cost him.

totally dominated Bruce Smith in the 92 and 93 super bowls...everybody said he'd kill us, he was hardly heard from in either game and Tui did it with no help.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2403749 said:

That is really cool......:starspin

2much2soon

Reaction score
dbair1967;2403968 said:
totally dominated Bruce Smith in the 92 and 93 super bowls...everybody said he'd kill us, he was hardly heard from in either game and Tui did it with no help.

He was a heckuva of a player. Wasn't he drafted as a d-lineman?

jaybird

Reaction score
That is cool. Mark was an awesome player. One of the most underrated players of all time. Was drafted as DL and converted to OL. CONSTANT professional, one of my all time favorites. Never understood why he didnt get more acculades. His death was a real tragedy.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
2much2soon;2404377 said:
He was a heckuva of a player. Wasn't he drafted as a d-lineman?

if i am not mistaken......he went undrafted like bill bates.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
87fd61ed-1b86-4d9a-832d-ffe66b3d1c2c.jpg

Which one is Tui in this pic?

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
YoMick;2404859 said:
87fd61ed-1b86-4d9a-832d-ffe66b3d1c2c.jpg

Which one is Tui in this pic?

In the article that percyhoward posted, Obama said Tuinei was two years ahead of him, so he had probably already graduated.