Twitter: Smith and Cooper Named To Pro Bowl

EST_1986

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Zordon

Reaction score
One of the perks of being a Cowboy. Our players are constantly overrated by the NFL world. Ironically the one player they hated (Romo) was the underrated one. :facepalm:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the actual........

Guy was straight TRASH.

just get rid of the pro bowl..

That's excessive. He wasn't the level of the previous year, and he certainly has things to work on, but to act as if he is now a bottom level player isn't remotely accurate

Praxit

Reaction score
..Coop will use his pro-bowl cameo as contract leverage...lol.... ;)...

EST_1986

Reaction score
..Coop will use his pro-bowl cameo as contract leverage...lol.... ;)...
he can use the 1st round pick we traded for him as leverage, these Pro Bowls are just icing on his money cake

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Don't have an issue with Amari getting there. He had a good season even though it was maddening at times.

But Jaylon Smith?? That right there shows you how watered down and a joke this game is these days. A lot of players don't even want to play in this and will bail or nursing an "injury". I hate we have to deal with him for years to come because he had one good season out of 4. Thanks Jerry.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Anywho, here's to hoping Cooper and Smith make the probowl next year on the first attempt, and no one second guesses it.

Really thought Cooper could of had a shot had it not been for a rough second half, which definitely could of been hampered by lingering injuries.
And I believe Smith can make more impact plays like he did in 2018 next year. Think clearing the defensive staff will be good. So far Mike's staff know each other so hopefully no conflicts/drama will occur again.
I've seen some say this is the Jaylon we've always had but I just don't buy it yet. His cuts were a lot more slower this year than last year.

@Redball Express
I'm not a negative type of poster. Guess you can say this seasons collapse bummed me out and well I thought Jaylon stepped back in terms of his play. I'll never root against any of our players.
I am with you.

Jaylon and Cooper both played with injuries most of the year and still delivered.

I like that.

I hope they and Wolf Hunter can return to form.

:huh:

erod

Reaction score
I'll give a tip of the hat to the guys who were selected originally. But being an alternate means nothing more than you were available to play that weekend.

There's All-Pro, and everybody else. Pro Bowl is worthless.

Jaylon Smith was one of the worst linebackers in the NFC this year. I would literally prefer anybody over him at this point. Teams look for him and attack him like stink on you know what.

Sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
I said this would happen weeks ago for Jaylon. All you have to do is look at how ALL of his stats compare to the top 5 linebackers in the league. He's RIGHT there in every category.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
What people forget is that somebody likely already sitting in Cabo on a team that likely has been finished for a couple of weeks has got to want to go. They might have called five guys before Smith and only Smith was still in the country, peddling sunglasses. Like I said somebody’s got to go...

Loso86

Reaction score
Jaylon is a walking brand. His shameless self-promotion is the most annoying thing about him, plus he's a mediocre linebacker at best. Celebrations while down multiple scores really bothered me this season. What's most bizarre about Jaylon is most of the fanbase turned on him this season, yet he still seems arrogantly oblivious to the world around him. Read some of the comments on his Twitter if you don't believe me.

Amari is just soft. It's that simple. In a storied franchise full of alpha male #1 WR's (Pearson, Playmaker, TO, Dez), Amari just doesn't excite me. Dude has no fire. Disappears during road games. Disappears while playing against the elite CBs. All of the aforementioned WRs were proven forces in this league during their prime. Amari, on the other hand, was removed on 4th down against arguably one of the worst secondaries in the league in the most important game of the season.
Deep how you feel. However I'll wait and not criticize a player as a whole based off of 1 season. What's wrong with him making a brand you say he sycks so why not prepare yourself fornagter football. Amari einrd a bit yes but it has to be more behind the scenes with hin. Were you saying that about them both last year or what?

sideon

Reaction score
A WR who only shows up at home and a LB who QBs purposely threw at:laugh:

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
LOL.

Even Dak haters will admit Dak had a way better season than Jaylon. And I want to grease up Cooper, but he was vastly underwhelming in the 2nd half of the year and a no-show on the road.

He. Was. Playing. Hurt.

kumizi

Reaction score
Jaylon bring a pro bowler is nauseating.

This reminds me of the Nomar Mazara situation with the Rangers. A young player that wasn’t very good but always had a bunch of RBIs so he thought he was good and didn’t try to get better. Jaylon racks up a lot of tackles. I’m 99% sure he has no idea how bad he was this year and this Pro Bowl nod doesn’t help. More false confidence.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Congrats......I guess? Coop deserves to be there as an alternate, but I have no idea how Jaylon got in. I really liked Jaylon until this season. He looked completely lost way too often, and the constant celebrating really got under my skin. I don't even remember which disaster of a game it was, but he celebrated making a stop on 2nd down like it was a game ending play. When they gave up an easy 3rd down conversion on the next play, I wanted to rip my TV off the wall and throw it through a window. It's like, what are you celebrating man? Celebrate a turnover. Celebrate a sack. Celebrate a goal line stop. Fine, I'm good. Celebrate a 2nd down play, and then give it up on 3rd down? Stop it.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Amari balled you dudes are trippin' hard... He played through injuries.