Twitter: Smith and Cooper Named To Pro Bowl

Tussinman

Reaction score
Definitive proof that the Pro Bowl means absolutely nothing.
Pro Bowl starters and usually the high back-up spot i'll give credit. It's almost always players that are top 4 in there conference. No reason to disrespect them.

Once you get to alternates (which is what this thread is referring too) it's gets real dicey. It basically becomes the committee calling players asking "whose not gonna make a deep playoff run", "whose still healthy", "do you even want to do it physically or do you want to just relax".

For example last year two weeks before the pro bowl Brees told them he's too hurt to play and then they called Matt Ryan and he didn't want to do it so then they called Dak Prescott and he said yeah. Dak got pro bowl last year because like 4 or 5 other players where either injured or declined it.

For instances like that it's a joke I agree

CWR

Reaction score
Even in the face of clear evidence, haters still hate.

I was a huge Jaylon fan. I have been since he was drafted. Last year I thought he was amazing. I loved getting him signed long term. This year he blew a ton of play and was a big part of the problems on defense, all the while celebrating himself. Hopefully a scheme change brings a return to form.

Cas2800

Reaction score
Definitive proof that the Pro Bowl means absolutely nothing.
I'm sure it will mean something to Cooper once its time to negotiate that contract. The price just went up!

ItzKelz

Reaction score
In my Jaylon Smith voice....
thumb_put-some-respek-on-my-name-mem-11325050.png

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I know this gonna make some fans mad lol....even though they swear they don’t care about the Pro Bowl.

He might’ve got in simply because the NFC doesn’t have enough good linebackers.

popp1234

Reaction score
Amazing to me we have so called fans that prefer to criticize rather than praise the slightest positive news.

Jaylon has to be really happy. Congrats.

He has suffered a bunch with the injury and rehab and everybody should be pleased.

But no.

We have to deal with people who never played the game, do not understand the requirements or anything behind the scenes on their cellphone screens.

Please..

Thank you!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's All-Pro, and everybody else. Pro Bowl is worthless.

Jaylon Smith was one of the worst linebackers in the NFC this year. I would literally prefer anybody over him at this point. Teams look for him and attack him like stink on you know what.

I agree on Jaylon. He is my least favorite player on the team. He should have been a competitive cheerleader.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I agree on Jaylon. He is my least favorite player on the team. He should have been a competitive cheerleader.
Why?

What is it that bothers you?

The fact we drafted him?

The fact he needed time to get healthy?

The fact Dallas extended his deal?

The fact he and Wolf Hunter became a top LBer duo in the NFL without your approval?

The fact that inspite of setbacks with injuries to Wolf Hunter..Jaylon still received praise like the Pro Bowl,?

I do not understand the negative grumbling.

Explain?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
What do people see with Smith? I don’t get it. Guy is a goof ball on the field. So overrated.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Why?

The fact we drafted him?

The fact he and Wolf Hunter became a top LBer duo in the NFL without your approval?

The fact that inspite of setbacks with injuries to Wolf Hunter..Jaylon still received praise like the Pro Bowl,?

Explain?

Go back and watch him weeks 6 to 17. He was terrible.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Cooper deserves it

Really just had 3 bad games...all receivers have bad games

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Go back and watch him weeks 6 to 17. He was terrible.
I saw him.

He was attacked alot.

But again..

Wolf Hunter was out and it affected Jaylon.

I think he was trying to do too much at one point.

He was out of position alot, took some poor pursuit angles at times.

But he got better in December.

He needs to be more of a blitzer.

Marinelli rarely used him like that in 2019 but in 2018 he played that very well.

Changes are coming for the entire defense.

Let's see what happens.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I saw him.

He was attacked alot.

But again..

Wolf Hunter was out and it affected Jaylon.

I think he was trying to do too much at one point.

He was out of position alot, took some poor pursuit angles at times.

But he got better in December.

He needs to be more of a blitzer.

Marinelli rarely used him like that in 2019 but in 2018 he played that very well.

Changes are coming for the entire defense.

Let's see what happens.

What really bothered me about Smith was him actively avoiding contact. I saw him move away from potential tackles. I also saw him shy away from taking on blockers. He played like a guy that zero accountability and zero preparation. I used to love the guy. Now I am 180 degrees in the opposite direction.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why?

The fact we drafted him?

Explain?
Did you watch Jaylon play this year? He was awful

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Disgraceful jaylon doesnt deserve a pro bowl with how he played this past year

He had good numbers this year, and made the Pro Bowl last year. If you hadn't watched the games, and seen him falling over himself, you'd think he had a good year.

If you *had* watched the games, I don't see how you could consider his Pro Bowl nod this year anything but a joke. It's like when Roy Williams became a clear liability in coverage, and yet made another Pro Bowl.

But Pro Bowl alternates are kind of a joke anyway. Sometimes so many players decline that you're getting a pretty meh player anyway. Trust Mr. Hot Boyz *not* to decline.

Witten in 2017 was one of those gimme Pro Bowl alternates. That was all name. His numbers this year are about the same, and we're all screaming for Jarwin to start.

Blue64

Reaction score
where you been
I guess you must’ve missed the swipes for making a tackle after the other team got a first down.
Maybe the swipe is the criteria that got him noticed as an alternate.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Pro Bowl starters and usually the high back-up spot i'll give credit. It's almost always players that are top 4 in there conference. No reason to disrespect them.

Once you get to alternates (which is what this thread is referring too) it's gets real dicey. It basically becomes the committee calling players asking "whose not gonna make a deep playoff run", "whose still healthy", "do you even want to do it physically or do you want to just relax".

For example last year two weeks before the pro bowl Brees told them he's too hurt to play and then they called Matt Ryan and he didn't want to do it so then they called Dak Prescott and he said yeah. Dak got pro bowl last year because like 4 or 5 other players where either injured or declined it.

For instances like that it's a joke I agree

I heard that doesn’t “count” as contract negotiations. Which is why the players who were selected as alternatives actually declined.