Twitter: Smith and Cooper Named To Pro Bowl

Tussinman

Reaction score
I heard that doesn’t “count” as contract negotiations. Which is why the players who were selected as alternatives actually declined.
It definately helps with accolades needed for the neogitations or accolades need for all-decade team or Canton.

Players that think they have a realistic shot of the all-decade team or Canton are 100% not gonna decline an invitation

What you might of been referring to is the contracts once there signed might have incentives or bonuses that only go in effect if your on the Day 1 pro bowl roster (that's probably what you meant)

erod

Reaction score
Pro Bowl starters and usually the high back-up spot i'll give credit. It's almost always players that are top 4 in there conference. No reason to disrespect them.

Once you get to alternates (which is what this thread is referring too) it's gets real dicey. It basically becomes the committee calling players asking "whose not gonna make a deep playoff run", "whose still healthy", "do you even want to do it physically or do you want to just relax".

For example last year two weeks before the pro bowl Brees told them he's too hurt to play and then they called Matt Ryan and he didn't want to do it so then they called Dak Prescott and he said yeah. Dak got pro bowl last year because like 4 or 5 other players where either injured or declined it.

For instances like that it's a joke I agree
The Pro Bowl is about players voting for their best friends. It's a popularity contest.

All-Pro is about what you actually did, and it's voted on by outsiders who put in the time and thought to choose the list. It's exclusive and meaningful.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Congrats to both players. Obviously we can question the selection of some players, but 10 years from now very few fans will remember how deserved or not these selections may have been. So hats off to both players.