Smoothest Tape

McKDaddy

Reaction score
For all of you that have been watching tape, I have one simple question.

Which player has the most impressive tape you have seen and why?

Minkah - Wow! I'm an SEC guy. Watch most Bama games. I was still surprised. He makes everything look so simple and easy. Extremely fluid & efficient. Great instincts. Great understanding of what is going on. Football player!! Makes everyone around him look better. Too bad we have no shot at him.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Im gonna break your rule because there are 3 players who were a joy to watch.

°Marcus Davenport,DE-UTSA v N Texas...Im a sucker for tall DEs,6-7...260ish...from the snap he jumps off the screen.Quick off the snap,there is a nastiness to his game I like.Tenacious,Relentless in pursuit.By the 4th Qtr...I dont think his tank was empty.Him on our DLine with Taco and Mr.Lawrence...WOW.There is alot to like about this guy.He LOVES football...you can tell.

°Maurice Hurst,DT-Michigan v Ohio State...I think he is the best interior DL in the class.Stout vs the run.Relentless in pursit.Generates good pressure....I lost count of how many triple teams he faced and he STILL KEEPS COMING.Extremely impressive...if Dallas breaks their own trend of not taking a DT in Rd 1 since Russell Maryland....it'll be this guy.

°Ogbonnia Okoronkwo,LB-OU v Ohio St....I think he made almost every significant play that night.Speed off the snap,amazing instincts to find,locate and neutralize the ball carrier....sideline to sideline pursuit is relentless.Like Davenport,uses his long arms very well.Will sky rocket up the boards after his combine.Reminds me of those Seattle LBs...6-1 and tons of quickness and instincts.

Id be more than thrilled if Our Cowboys selected Davenport,Hurst or Okoronkwo on draft night.
LONG way to go however.

tm1119

Reaction score
Not a typical definition of smooth, but Harrison Phillip’s tape is awesome. His ability to stack, shed, and then find the ball carrier is unrivaled. 100 tackles from a NT is pretty damn impressive and probably not talked about enough

DanA

Reaction score
Saquon Barkley bouncing every damn run like it's a video game

Barkley is the obvious one that stands out to me as well.

I think Jaire Alexander as a corner and Calvin Ridley as a WR seem really smooth. And I was quietly impressed with Isaiah Wynn when I saw him at the Senior Bowl practice playing guard. Looked like he had really quick feet and always remained balanced.

JeffInDC

Reaction score

I think Jaire Alexander as a corner and Calvin Ridley as a WR seem really smooth. And I was quietly impressed with Isaiah Wynn when I saw him at the Senior Bowl practice playing guard. Looked like he had really quick feet and always remained balanced.

I think NFL.com has Ridley's comp damn near perfect - the GREAT Marvin Harrison. From the build to the movement skills, the resemblance is uncanny.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Im gonna break your rule because there are 3 players who were a joy to watch.

°Marcus Davenport,DE-UTSA v N Texas...Im a sucker for tall DEs,6-7...260ish...from the snap he jumps off the screen.Quick off the snap,there is a nastiness to his game I like.Tenacious,Relentless in pursuit.By the 4th Qtr...I dont think his tank was empty.Him on our DLine with Taco and Mr.Lawrence...WOW.There is alot to like about this guy.He LOVES football...you can tell.

°Maurice Hurst,DT-Michigan v Ohio State...I think he is the best interior DL in the class.Stout vs the run.Relentless in pursit.Generates good pressure....I lost count of how many triple teams he faced and he STILL KEEPS COMING.Extremely impressive...if Dallas breaks their own trend of not taking a DT in Rd 1 since Russell Maryland....it'll be this guy.

°Ogbonnia Okoronkwo,LB-OU v Ohio St....I think he made almost every significant play that night.Speed off the snap,amazing instincts to find,locate and neutralize the ball carrier....sideline to sideline pursuit is relentless.Like Davenport,uses his long arms very well.Will sky rocket up the boards after his combine.Reminds me of those Seattle LBs...6-1 and tons of quickness and instincts.

Id be more than thrilled if Our Cowboys selected Davenport,Hurst or Okoronkwo on draft night.
LONG way to go however.
What an I going to do with you??? Making a mockery of my rules!

cnuball21

Reaction score
Nelson and Barkley are the obvious choices.

I'm a fan of Hurst, his first step quickness and how he uses his low par level for power is fun to watch.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
A few others that really stood out to me.

Ronald Jones - The Texas Tesla. I liked him when i caught a couple games of his. When i watch more film i see all the intangibles, balance, vision, avoid contact, ability to absorb contact & continue, etc.

Calvin Ridley - Same comments that i had about Minkah. May just blow up in an NFL passing offense.

Anthony Miller - Tenacious competitor. Always working the defender. Somebody is going to be very happy to add him to their team.

Darius Phillips - Falls into the "I had no idea this kid existed" category. Electric. Playmaker. May not be a "starter" anywhere but returns & coverage units in the NFL but I would love Cowboys to get this kid & use him in all three phases of the game.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

Hey Dan, yeah I knew Barkley was the real deal so i haven't really watched additional tape on him. Couldn't agree with you more about Ridley & Wynn. Jaire is a corner that has caught my eye as well. Plan to look at his tape again.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
If the 'Boys really wanted to re-do their WR corp (minus Dez), a combo of Ridley and Dante Pettis would be a NIGHTMARE tandem for years to come. 2 quick, smooth athletes that just know what they're doing out there.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Sam Hubbard,DE-Ohio State v Michigan...fun tape to watch...he has an uncanny instinct to avoid blockers in pursuit.Great quickness.Generates tons of pressure.Relentless.

He is another name to watch on draft night.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If we're talking about smoothest athletes, check out Justin Reid and his hip fluidity.

DanA

Reaction score
If the 'Boys really wanted to re-do their WR corp (minus Dez), a combo of Ridley and Dante Pettis would be a NIGHTMARE tandem for years to come. 2 quick, smooth athletes that just know what they're doing out there.

Pettis running jet sweeps and adding an additional deep threat and Ridley as a deep threat and I suspect volume reciever would be perfect additions but a lot of draft capital to spend.

But if you told me we were bringing back Hitchens and Lawrence, trading for Earl Thomas and then drafted Ridley, Hernandez and Pettis in the first three rounds I would be ecstatic.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Jaylen Samuels. RB, HBack, TE, split out, Wildcat QB, Return Man, he looks good anywhere you put him on the field. Does everything well. If he had Breakaway speed, he would be a 1st round guy IMO.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Smooth, fearless, electric and under the radar: Parris Campbell.

Edit: I guess he decided to go back for 2018

Last edited: