Snyder overruled Gruden on drafting Haskins

John813

Reaction score
A person with knowledge of Gruden’s thinking has confirmed that the head coach did not want Haskins, and while Haskins has publicly downplayed any suggestion that he wasn’t Gruden’s choice, a person close to the rookie quarterback said that Haskins has sensed that to be the case.
Before Haskins was selected, ESPN reported that Washington’s coaching staff preferred a more experienced college player — like Duke’s Daniel Jones, who was selected sixth overall by the New York Giants — only to be overruled by owner Daniel Snyder.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...eason-so-what-do-they-do-with-dwayne-haskins/

Snyder is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Maybe that's why there was that rumor Gruden was rumored to be fired last week.

C42

Reaction score
As long as Synder is there, the organization gets what they deserve: absolutely nothing. Feel bad for the players that end up there and the fanbase though. But Snyder isn’t a good dude.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as Synder is there, the organization gets what they deserve: absolutely nothing. Feel bad for the players that end up there and the fanbase though. But Snyder isn’t a good dude.
Why would you feel bad for the Commanders fan base???

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Sure looks like Gruden was right so far on Haskins. In a small sample, it appears Haskins is nowhere near ready to play and may never get there.

I expect the Skins to go full tank mode and draft either Tua or Herbert. Miami, Cinci, and the NY Jets will give them plenty of competition. Atlanta is not trying to tank but are plain terrible and just might get the top pick without even trying.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
I was just thinking, I hope he runs the teams for another 50 years. :)

Honest question--do you guys even care about the Commanders anymore?

Fan apathy has taken over in DC so badly that TV ratings are plummeting, the stands are 75-80% opposing fans. We don't care about them anymore. As long as Snyder and Allen are in charge, it's a fruitless venture.

It's sad what has happened to this once great franchise and rivalry...

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
A person with knowledge of Gruden’s thinking has confirmed that the head coach did not want Haskins, and while Haskins has publicly downplayed any suggestion that he wasn’t Gruden’s choice, a person close to the rookie quarterback said that Haskins has sensed that to be the case.
Before Haskins was selected, ESPN reported that Washington’s coaching staff preferred a more experienced college player — like Duke’s Daniel Jones, who was selected sixth overall by the New York Giants — only to be overruled by owner Daniel Snyder.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...eason-so-what-do-they-do-with-dwayne-haskins/

Snyder is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Maybe that's why there was that rumor Gruden was rumored to be fired last week.

That's more evidence that Snyder's an awful owner/GM. A head coach should get to draft whomever he thinks would be best for the team, and certainly shouldn't have a player he doesn't want thrust upon him. If I were a Skins fan, I would be mad.

Reactions: C42

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honest question--do you guys even care about the Commanders anymore?

Fan apathy has taken over in DC so badly that TV ratings are plummeting, the stands are 75-80% opposing fans. We don't care about them anymore. As long as Snyder and Allen are in charge, it's a fruitless venture.

It's sad what has happened to this once great franchise and rivalry...

I got a buddy who was a lifelong fan from Gibbs era (part 1) and he can't stomach Snyder anymore. Doesn't watch or follow the NFL anymore. The NFL is probably praying for something compromising that would force a sale ala Richardson in Carolona. I miss hating the Skins. Their just kinda pathetic now.

Reactions: C42

mmohican29

Reaction score
Meh.

We have our own issues to throw pity at too many other fans.

They picked the wrong team. I'm starting to feel like maybe I did too, but Nah. I'm never turning on my 'Boys. Too many great memories and tons of drama.

The Cowboys are the best entertainment value in Pro Sports. Even when bad.

Flamma

Reaction score
Sure looks like Gruden was right so far on Haskins. In a small sample, it appears Haskins is nowhere near ready to play and may never get there.

I expect the Skins to go full tank mode and draft either Tua or Herbert. Miami, Cinci, and the NY Jets will give them plenty of competition. Atlanta is not trying to tank but are plain terrible and just might get the top pick without even trying.

I don't see Miami drafting a quarterback unless they're as dumb as a bag of rocks. How long do they have Rosen at a ridiculously cheap rate? They already have a QB. They have 5 first round picks and 4 second rounders in the next two years. They need to use those picks to build a team around Rosen.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I will NEVER feel sorry for fans of any team, PERIOD. If anything, fans should feel sorry for us. We had the BEST franchise in football and Jerry has turned it into a plastic, synthetic, GMO, poisonous, cheesy Las Vegas entertainment, shell of its former self.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't see Miami drafting a quarterback unless they're as dumb as a bag of rocks. How long do they have Rosen at a ridiculously cheap rate? They already have a QB. They have 5 first round picks and 4 second rounders in the next two years. They need to use those picks to build a team around Rosen.
I'm afraid you're off on this one. Everything MIA has done points toward tanking for the best QB available. And it's always prudent when it comes to the QB position to stack the deck and get at least two prospects on board.