So here are the D.Ends. who do you want, and who's realistic at 28?

manster4ever

Reaction score
Assuming we don't trade up? We all want Garrett but he's going top 3 probably. Some intriguing players with various shortcomings:

https://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/draft2017DE.php

Nobody is perfect, but I like Charlton of Michigan who right now has risen on most boards to the mid teens. Williams of Bama is a helluva player but as the article above states, he's got Randy Gregory ganja syndrome.

I also like Walker of FSU, Smoot of Illinois and....ahhhh screw it: what do we have to do to get Myles? Yeah, I know it would cost us dearly, but I want him because I think we could win a Super Bowl with him next year. You guys know how good he is.

For me:

1) Myles Garrett: I don't care what it costs...he's the best player in the draft and it's not close IMO

2) Walker of FSU: he's a stud IMO

3) Taco Charlton: He's solid but I don't feel we should have to trade past 16 to get him

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Walker is a strange prospect. He is slow as molasses. And seldom gets any penetration in the handful of games I've watched. But somehow he racks up production. I just can't get passed how slow and "bump on a log" he looks.

Would like Barnett but he likely won't be there. Maybe a couple guys will have great workouts and push Barnett to late first.

rockj7

Reaction score
Walker is a strange prospect. He is slow as molasses. And seldom gets any penetration in the handful of games I've watched. But somehow he racks up production. I just can't get passed how slow and "bump on a log" he looks.

Would like Barnett but he likely won't be there. Maybe a couple guys will have great workouts and push Barnett to late first.

Here is my question about Walker How good where the LT and RT he was going up against in the ACC and Bowl Games

RandyOh

Reaction score
Been watching tape on Taco Charlton. Im starting to see the Carlos Dunlap comparisons that some. Not a star but a Solid pass rush threat. Wouldn't hate drafting him at 28.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
TJ Watt
Taco Charlton
Tanoh Kpassagnon

Charlton will go before Watt but I like Watt more. I expect Kpassagnon will rise to more of a mid 2nd to early 3rd, so he'd be a target if trading down.

The wild card is if the team thinks Zach Cunningham can add 20 lbs and play RDE. He looks similar in body type to Leonard Floyd, who Dallas liked. If he's still around in the early 20s, could be the guy.

But I also think CB is more likely at 28, just from the draft depth of the position. If all we have is Scandrick and Anthony Brown at CB, plus potentially losing both Church and Wilcox, the defensive backfield is a much more critical issue that's hard to fix in free agency affordably.

RandyOh

Reaction score

Its possible. I have a feeling Takkarist MicKinley and Solomon Thomas move ahead of Barnett. another name to keep a name on is Tanoh Kpassagnon. He could be move into the top 10 for some teams.

RandyOh

Reaction score
TJ Watt
Taco Charlton
Tanoh Kpassagnon

Charlton will go before Watt but I like Watt more. I expect Kpassagnon will rise to more of a mid 2nd to early 3rd, so he'd be a target if trading down.

The wild card is if the team thinks Zach Cunningham can add 20 lbs and play RDE. He looks similar in body type to Leonard Floyd, who Dallas liked. If he's still around in the early 20s, could be the guy.

But I also think CB is more likely at 28, just from the draft depth of the position. If all we have is Scandrick and Anthony Brown at CB, plus potentially losing both Church and Wilcox, the defensive backfield is a much more critical issue that's hard to fix in free agency affordably.
Kpassagnon may move into the top 20 if not top 10 if he does what he expects at the combine. In an interview he was talking about running a 4.5 40.

WeaponX

Reaction score
Been watching tape on Taco Charlton. Im starting to see the Carlos Dunlap comparisons that some. Not a star but a Solid pass rush threat. Wouldn't hate drafting him at 28.
I'd love a Carlos Dunlap on this team; personally I've been a Carl Lawson/Charles Harris guy because I think we need that guy who can just explode off the line, but ultimately I just want consistent pressure, so if Taco is there I could probably be swayed.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Our Scouts foolishly that Demarcus Lawrence can play RDE when his numbers showed he was very slow,I would only consider quick twitch RDEs for the first Rd and we can eliminate Walker from the list.I like Thomas and Takkarist McKinley but Thomas wont be available at 28.I am onboard with a trade up to get our guy because we need speed at DE because all our DEs are slow.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Around #28 players like Takk McKinley, Lawson and Harris may be available depending on how the draft process goes and how the picks shape out!

My favorites that are out of our range are Myles, Allen and Thomas and I do like Barnett as well.

McKinley and Harris are my favorites in our possible range!

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Our Scouts foolishly that Demarcus Lawrence can play RDE when his numbers showed he was very slow,I would only consider quick twitch RDEs for the first Rd and we can eliminate Walker from the list.I like Thomas and Takkarist McKinley but Thomas wont be available at 28.I am onboard with a trade up to get our guy because we need speed at DE because all our DEs are slow.

Tank's problem has been the 20 lbs.+ he's gained since getting drafted. Robbed him of his quickness............and, it's hurting his back as well. He needs to get back around 255 to become effective again. And, if they wanna keep Crawford at LDE, he HAS to get back around 275.

WeaponX

Reaction score
If it has to be a defensive end after the 1st tier. I choose

Daeshon Hall(6-6,250 lbs) DE Texas A&M

Speaking of the Second Tier guys, what are your thoughts on Carroll Phillips or Josh Carraway?

Naruto

Reaction score
If it has to be a defensive end after the 1st tier. I choose

Daeshon Hall(6-6,250 lbs) DE Texas A&M

As an Aggie I'm not too confident Daeshon Hall is anything but a JAG that mopped up Garrett's leftovers.

See his overall stats this year go down while Garrett was hurt most of the year.

manster4ever

Reaction score

Me either, problem is it doesn't look like he'll be there. (of course)

RandyOh

Reaction score
Me either, problem is it doesn't look like he'll be there. (of course)
Their is a chance he will. Another large DE may overtake his spot. Tanoh Kpassagnon out of Villanova. 6'7" 290 lbs. claiming he will run a 4.5 40 and destroy the cone drills as well. If he does he may shoot up to top 10 pick. Hes compared to JPP.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Charles has some nastiness to his game!

I like him, but as this write up from Walter Football says, he isn't a real good run stopper. Then again, we dont' NEED a run stopper, especially against QB's like Rodgers, Manning and Ryan.

1. https://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/college/Missouri_logo.gif Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 260.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.77.
    Projected Round (2017): 1-2.
    1/14/17: Harris totaled 61 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, nine sacks, two passes batted and two forced fumbles in 2016. To start the season, he turned in underwhelming performances against West Virginia and Eastern Michigan with a total of five tackles in those games. Harris exploded versus Georgia though, racking up three sacks and seven tackles.

8/13/16: Harris (6-3, 235) is a speedy edge rusher who broke out in 2015 with 56 tackles, 18.5 tackles for a loss, seven sacks and two forced fumbles. He was a backup as a redshirt freshman in 2014 and notched two sacks. Harris needs to add weight for the NFL.

What Harris does the best is get after the quarterback. He is a fast edge rusher with a fantastic first-step. He quickly gets penetration into the backfield and shows a nice ability to finish off plays. Harris is a fast edge rusher who can burn tackles with pure speed around the corner. Not only is his speed dangerous, but Harris shows some good moves with an excellent spin move back to the inside. He has some speed-to-power skills with the ability to fight offensive tackles. Harris also possesses some functional strength for the pass rush and shows quality read-and-react skills.

Aside from his run defense, Harris could use work on improving a few things. Running more hoop drills could help him to sink his hips better, as there have been instances when he looked a little stiff hipped. Harris has a good starting point for pass-rushing moves that is a lot more advanced than many early round pass-rushers who just rely on their natural athleticisms, but continuing to developed more moves and master his current ones is always a good idea. Harris should continue to refine and expand his moves arsenal. He also should work on his hand usage to continue to get better at as using his hands and feet at the same time.

For the NFL, I think Harris would be an excellent fit as a 3-4 outside linebacker. He has a good body type for that. He could remain a 4-3 defensive end, but he could have problems in run defense in that scheme.