So I met Roy Williams briefly today......

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
My friend calls me and tells me he'll be at a local restaurant around 2:45. So i go and wear my Roy jersey. By the time i know it, it's 3:30 and i've given up (false alarm). In he walks and tells me "Nice Jersey". He goes to sit down and I go up to him and tell him Roy I have to get your autograph and he's like sure you got something to write with. So i take off my jersey and get my sharpie out and he signs it and i pat him on the back. The dude is built like a rock. I ask him how the team's looking and he says good. I tell him keep the hits coming and he says yeah. I tell him thanks i appreciate taking the time and he says no problem. Cool guy, and the dude is built. I was more in shock and could have said more but some workers were coming up to him also and asking for autographs, so i left with my autographed jersey. I wanted to take a pic with my phone but it died. However, my friend took one and said he'd send it to me. If i get it, i'll make sure to post it. Sorry just sharing my first contact with a Cowboy. :eek: :p: He was hunting down here and stopped to eat some bbq at some Texas famous bbq place down here. Some other guy that was with him was like it's just a coincidence that you have his jersey on and a sharpie in your pocket right ? I laughed and so did he....lol Oh yeah, he totally engulfed my hands when he shook it, but i guess i just have small hands. :banghead:

Reaction score
Roy is a nice guy, I know when I stay at the team hotel he stays outside and makes sure all the fans get their stuff signed. I was lucky enough to get him to sign an authentic double star jersey. I don't think I could've went up to him in a restuarant, but then again it was a BBQ place. But I wouldn't have went up to him because I already have his auto and wouldn't want to bother him.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't want to bother him but he had just walked in so i was like he doesn't have his food. Honestly, I was like desperate lol. He's very cool and the atmosphere was very relaxed. I'm still in shock I met him down here.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RoyWillisill said:
My friend calls me and tells me he'll be at a local restaurant around 2:45. So i go and wear my Roy jersey. By the time i know it, it's 3:30 and i've given up (false alarm). In he walks and tells me "Nice Jersey". He goes to sit down and I go up to him and tell him Roy I have to get your autograph and he's like sure you got something to write with. So i take off my jersey and get my sharpie out and he signs it and i pat him on the back. The dude is built like a rock. I ask him how the team's looking and he says good. I tell him keep the hits coming and he says yeah. I tell him thanks i appreciate taking the time and he says no problem. Cool guy, and the dude is built. I was more in shock and could have said more but some workers were coming up to him also and asking for autographs, so i left with my autographed jersey. I wanted to take a pic with my phone but it died. However, my friend took one and said he'd send it to me. If i get it, i'll make sure to post it. Sorry just sharing my first contact with a Cowboy. :eek: :p: He was hunting down here and stopped to eat some bbq at some Texas famous bbq place down here. Some other guy that was with him was like it's just a coincidence that you have his jersey on and a sharpie in your pocket right ? I laughed and so did he....lol Oh yeah, he totally engulfed my hands when he shook it, but i guess i just have small hands. :banghead:
Cool story RW. :clap:

Should've pimped the 'zone tho. Gotta get over your shock quicker...:)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
Very cool story. Did you see that Avril is engaged to be married? Sorry bro. I was pulling for you.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
lol thanks wg and hos...yeah i heard...no hard feelings though, I told her to move on with her life and get over me. :banghead: :D

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Yeah, why ? is that you ? Your going down!!!! j/k .... Really, i've never seen him and didn't really read too much on their engagement. (I didn't really care although i do think she's beautiful )

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
You should have asked your friend to take a picture of Roy horse-collaring you.

j/k - Congrats on meeting him, sounds like a good guy

BadKarma

Reaction score
Congrats! Roy always seems to make time for his fans. My daughter was fortunate to have had her Cowboys hat signed by him after practice last year.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:

that's cool roy, thanks for the story. way to go! looking forward to the picture.

EndGame

Reaction score
This is definitely something I hate about rooting for a non-local team. I don't bump into the players. The best I can say is that I sat two tables away from Joe Theismann in a restaurant when he still had his leg in the ankle-to-hip cast after it was broken on national television. He looked pissed off at life in general.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
EndGame said:
This is definitely something I hate about rooting for a non-local team. I don't bump into the players. The best I can say is that I sat two tables away from Joe Theismann in a restaurant when he still had his leg in the ankle-to-hip cast after it was broken on national television. He looked pissed off at life in general.

Please tell me you didn't ask for his autograph.

Now spitting in his food is a different story. jk

jbsg02

Reaction score
GTaylor said:
You should have asked your friend to take a picture of Roy horse-collaring you.

j/k - Congrats on meeting him, sounds like a good guy

haha, good one

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Well, RoyWillIsIll, you know what they say...Big hands...Large gloves.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
EndGame said:
I met him a few months after that in the Dulles Airport on my way to my first ship... I was thinking back then I should kick him in his leg to make sure he never came back... it was a few years later I realized I should have kicked him in his mouth!!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
that is awesome.
gratz.
rw is the player i'd most like ot meet and prolly the one i'd most likely meet wearing his jersey.

i like to wear it around nyc when i visit there, lol.