So let's say Jerry is selling the team?

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I know we complain and all but can you imagine if he sold to Bezos or Musk?

I think I would quit being a fan.

Anybody else out there that could/would be a worse owner than the current hack?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If Bezos or Musk bought the team, they are non-football people that would have to hire a GM to run the team. In that case, I think Troy Aikman would be a great choice as GM. Another great choice would be Will McClay, he's already basically doing the job anyway. He's just being micromanaged by the Jones boys. ;)

Loso86

Reaction score
Just curious
Why do people think Aikman could be a good GM
I’m all for hiring a GM but I’d prefer someone who’s worked in scouting or some GM experience
Some people are around it enough and just has an eye for it. Much like the GM in SaN Fran

jujoboys

Reaction score
Just curious
Why do people think Aikman could be a good GM
I’m all for hiring a GM but I’d prefer someone who’s worked in scouting or some GM experience

Totally agree with you. I remember him being the reason we drafted that scrub David LaFluer after Novacek hung up his cleats.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If JJ is selling (unfortunately he isn’t) I don’t care who the buyer is if it means a return to sanity and a chance to seriously compete again for a championship.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Let's see from what I read. Jerry was worth about $180M in 1989 and spent $140M on buying the Cowboys.
The Cowboys are now worth $6.5B and Jerrys overall worth is $10.2B-$11.6B depending on who you are reading.

So the Cowboys are 46 times more valuable in 33 years. Very good ROI.

Jerry has multiplied his overall money 61 times in value over the same years.

He is now like the 56th richest person in America, and the mass majority of the money has come from the Cowboys.

Best investment ever ---- why would he sell ? ? ?