So our #3 WR

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
It seemed like Austin was the #3 WR instead of Crayton. Anyone know what the deal is it is it Crayton or Austin and if Crayton is #4....he might be gone next year.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Maybe we can get a 4th or a 5th for him from Miami in the offseason. I don't think his contract is too prohibitive.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Yep, and Austin looks mad quick out there. once he catches the ball, he just seems so fast.

Crayton really seems like hes deflatin. his PR's are horrible all the time. hes not as involved in the offense anymore, which also is the reason hes so quiet this season.

dannyboy

Reaction score
I noticed that Crayton did a poor job of blocking on the 4th down run by Barber. Almost cost us the game. Instead of Colombo blocking his man, he had to block the one Crayton missed and Barber had to make it happen. On a side note, RW block two people!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2426312 said:
Maybe we can get a 4th or a 5th for him from Miami in the offseason. I don't think his contract is too prohibitive.

a 4th for Crayton would be sweet. I hope we go WR this year in the draft and drop Hurd and Stanback.

pancakeman

Reaction score
k0wb0y;2426323 said:
his PR's are horrible all the time.

That's an exaggeration. Of players with 10 or more punt returns this season, he's in the upper half of the league in average return yards.

ddh33

Reaction score
It did seem like Austin was on the field quite a bit, and I think you can make a strong argument that Austin has done more with his opportunities this year than Crayton has.

Having said that, I think Crayton is still a very solid WR in this league. It's just that Austin may be even better soon.

Gmonkey21

Reaction score
Very pleased with the development of Austin...he looks like he has a bright future ahead of him.

That was a critical catch against the skins and just beyond the 1st down marker...smart play.

I like his field stretching ability...let's hope we can keep him in Big D for many years to come.

I really like Crayton too! He has great hands and runs clean precise routes. Maybe since Romo has been gone we've forgotten how good he can be.

I also think our depth is better than ever...

Just look at the receiving weapons on offense:

Owens
Williams
Witten
Austin
Crayton
Bennett

That's before you add MBIII, Felix, and Cricket catching passes from out of the backfield...

When was the last time we had that kind of firepower! Only so many balls to go around.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2426307 said:
It seemed like Austin was the #3 WR instead of Crayton.
Crayton is still our #3 WR but it looks like Austin is higher on the pecking order when Romo goes thru his progressions.