So you want a new QB?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I like that they will likely give DAK another season before actively searching for somebody else. I'm more than a little shocked that DaK has regressed as much as he had. I wasn't surprised by the sophomore slump, but some of the stuff he doing now is unacceptable. With no #1 pick next year, this team will have to wait until 2020 draft anyway. I love the idea of bringing in a veteran like Bridgewater or hell even RGIII. Dak needs a veteran who can maybe bring some Fritz magic with them behind him
I am with you.

DAK now needs competition for his job

He has had none.

Manster68

Reaction score
I ask this..

If not DAK..

then who?

Are you really going to trust this team to find your next QB and actually develop him?

They were unable to get Romo there after nearly 10+ years.

They then failed to have a replacement ready in Weeden who they had for 2 years.

Then the parade of QB in 2015..

NOTHING.

And remember..

we tried to trade up for Paxton Lynch before Denver took him.

We all know what happened to Lynch.

We do not know what we are doing.

Before we solve the QB thing..

we have to redo the consortium of failed QBs masquerading as qualified experts.

Keller Moore has to go as does Linehan and Sanjay.

Since we do not have a #1 draft pick in 2019..

that means 2020 before we hae the pick to use on a QB.replacement.

FA could be an answer.

But again..

I highly doubt we have the staff in place to make that work.

And that means more delays while our OL is rebuilt.

Time will slip away.

Comments?

My question is what choice do we have? This defense Dallas currently have is better than any defense Romo ever had. Yet Dak cannot stretch the field and no NFL team that plays the Cowboys have NO RESPECT for Dallas' passing game. Romo made guys like Laurent Robinson and Patrick Crayton legitimate. Dak is lucky if gets a big play from Hurns and Thompson - and they are better receivers.

If your NFL team does not have a quarterback the caliber of Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Goff, or Mahomes, then you need to upgrade to get a chance at winning a Super Bowl. You have got to keep looking. If you are at the bottom of the barrel - then find another barrel.

If Jerry signs Dak, then the Cowboys have no chance of a Super Bowl for the duration of his extension. Jerry is wasting wonderful careers of those offensive linemen he has acquired.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Teddy Bridgewater may be the best option the Cowboys might be able to get.

Drew Brees will be 40 in January. I'm not sure the Saints traded a 3rd round pick to rent Teddy for this season.

Besides, does anyone really think Jerry Dak-will-be-extended would pursue him?

Our best hope is some new coaches to try and maximize Dak's potential. Safe to say I'm not getting my hopes up.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I ask this..

If not DAK..

then who?

Are you really going to trust this team to find your next QB and actually develop him?

They then failed to have a replacement ready in Weeden who they had for 2 years.

NOTHING.

And remember..

FA could be an answer.

But again..

Time will slip away.

Comments?

This quote sums up my feeling on the matter:

Monday night’s loss cements what most have known for quite some time. Until the Dallas Cowboys fire Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan, things will not get any better. At this point, all talk about Prescott and an extension should be shelved.

movaughn88

Reaction score
I am with you.

DAK now needs competition for his job

He has had none.

I don't think they should spend big on a Bridgewater type who I assume will command multiple years at ($15+m?) big dollars. That's what decent vets get in this league.

I think you get a new coach and say to him, you have one year to try to fix Dak (on his rookie deal last year pay) and if that doesn't work you get to groom a QB with our 2019 first rounder. (Edit: man it's depressing that I'm wrong, 2020 1st)

Anything in between and I think you get, well, mediocre results. I don't believe a Norv Turner type can fix Dak, but I think someone with creativity can use a more college-style offense to maximize whatever he can be. I'm so tired of having to convert 4 or 5 third downs to score a TD.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I don't think they should spend big on a Bridgewater type who I assume will command multiple years at ($15+m?) big dollars. That's what decent vets get in this league.

I think you get a new coach and say to him, you have one year to try to fix Dak (on his rookie deal last year pay) and if that doesn't work you get to groom a QB with our 2019 first rounder. (Edit: man it's depressing that I'm wrong, 2020 1st)

Anything in between and I think you get, well, mediocre results. I don't believe a Norv Turner type can fix Dak, but I think someone with creativity can use a more college-style offense to maximize whatever he can be. I'm so tired of having to convert 4 or 5 third downs to score a TD.
When we see what is happening now..

I go back to Zeke and the OL failing this year.

It's too much to overcome when your OL is less than 50 per cent what it was in 2016..

and your RB is 50 per cent of what he was in 2016..

And your QB is less than 25 per cent of what he was in 2016.

You got nothing going that brings hope for improvement..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I couldn’t care less who it is but get Dak the hell the out of here. Get the hefty lefty, Jared Lorenzen for all I care.
You usually would let the season play out before making a statement like that about Dak. What changed your mind?

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Play White in week 16/17 if this team fails to win games over the next 4-5 games.
If the season is shot, then play the other guys to see if it's the SOS, worse or better.

I think that White is the next QB. The Cowboys are looking for the next franchise QB the cheapest way possible after spending big on Romo in my opinion and I don't think that Mike White was drafted to be a backup. If you get a new coach in and he will have at least the 2019 year to evaluate Dak and White as well. (Before you beat me up "Dak Lovers" I know that Dak played in the SEC).

College Careers:
Mike White

62% completions (863/1393)
11262 yards
74 TDs 31 INTs

Dak Prescott
62.8% (734/1169)
9376 yards
70 TDs 23 INTs
(rushing yards and rushing td's not included)

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I ask this..

If not DAK..

then who?

NOTHING.

And remember..

FA could be an answer.

But again..

Time will slip away.

Comments?
Dak can be successful in a more college type system like the Chiefs are doing for Mahomes

aria

Reaction score
You usually would let the season play out before making a statement like that about Dak. What changed your mind?
I have always been neutral and even somewhat positive about Dak for the all of last year but I had hooed he would have have improved in year 3. I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the Zeke suspension, sophmore slump, coaching, etc but he has regressed. I’ve seen him miss too many wide open receivers or not even see them. He has zero pocket presence and has a hard time making reads.

In his first season, we saw flashes of what Dak was like under pressure vs Philly, NY and Minnesota. It wasn’t pretty and was very concerning but I figured he was a rookie and would get better. He hasn’t. He’s not going to have the same luxury he did his rookie year, where he can sit back and have all day to throw. If he wants to be a true franchise QB he needs to improve in a lot of areas which includes making plays happen under pressure, not turning over the ball.

I dunno man, I’ve just had it with him. I feel I was very patient but I’ve seen enough to think he doesn’t have “it”.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have always been neutral and even somewhat positive about Dak for the all of last year but I had hooed he would have have improved in year 3. I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the Zeke suspension, sophmore slump, coaching, etc but he has regressed. I’ve seen him miss too many wide open receivers or not even see them. He has zero pocket presence and has a hard time making reads.

In his first season, we saw flashes of what Dak was like under pressure vs Philly, NY and Minnesota. It wasn’t pretty and was very concerning but I figured he was a rookie and would get better. He hasn’t. He’s not going to have the same luxury he did his rookie year, where he can sit back and have all day to throw. If he wants to be a true franchise QB he needs to improve in a lot of areas which includes making plays happen under pressure, not turning over the ball.

I dunno man, I’ve just had it with him. I feel I was very patient but I’ve seen enough to think he doesn’t have “it”.
Nobody is talking about it but he missed two touchdown passes. One to Beasley and one to Gallup. He is never going to be Romo but he needs better ball placement. I hope he plays his butt off these final 8 weeks.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
i hate posts like the OP. "Well you want a change, who do you want? The backup? These FA nobodys off the street????"

Sticking with a mediocre starter for fear of the alternatives is a good way to ensure you REMAIN mediocre. No one is saying get rid of Dak for some trash, but at least try and acquire or draft a replacement candidate.

And for the love of god, do not give this man any money

dfense

Reaction score
I ask this..

If not DAK..

then who?

NOTHING.

And remember..

FA could be an answer.

But again..

Time will slip away.

Comments?
Yes, I want a new QB. I've seen all this one has.

Since there will be no high pick next year the best thing to do is wait for the table scraps to hit the floor. Oakland will surely go QB at #1. Regardless of what Mr QB whisperer says now, Gruden cannot help himself. That leaves Carr without a home. Even though Carr has looked like crap and almost lost the last two years, he was really good 3 years ago....

Oh, wait, that's where the Cowboys are already. Never mind.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I want a new QB but Im not trading the 2020 1st round pick for Carr or Bridgewater! I would draft that kid out of Alabama!

black label

Reaction score
tumblr_mf0mp9p16Y1rvdvljo1_r2_500.gif

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Dak is not the answer.

The only real question is how long it will take the management to realize this.
I fear it could be a long time....

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I ask this..

If not DAK..

then who?

NOTHING.

And remember..

FA could be an answer.

But again..

Time will slip away.

Comments?
Rinse. Repeat.

Sounds like something I may have said...

They don't know what they want bro.