So you want a new QB?

kazzd58

Reaction score
I ask this..

If not DAK..

then who?

Are you really going to trust this team to find your next QB and actually develop him?

They were unable to get Romo there after nearly 10+ years.

They then failed to have a replacement ready in Weeden who they had for 2 years.

Then the parade of QB in 2015..

NOTHING.

And remember..

we tried to trade up for Paxton Lynch before Denver took him.

We all know what happened to Lynch.

We do not know what we are doing.

Before we solve the QB thing..

we have to redo the consortium of failed QBs masquerading as qualified experts.

Keller Moore has to go as does Linehan and Sanjay.

Since we do not have a #1 draft pick in 2019..

that means 2020 before we hae the pick to use on a QB.replacement.

FA could be an answer.

But again..

I highly doubt we have the staff in place to make that work.

And that means more delays while our OL is rebuilt.

Time will slip away.

Comments?

I GOT My 2 cents in for Tua all year and i aint changing.....
so i can go another yr with dak

staubach24

Reaction score
In 2016, Dak had the best Oline and running back in football. Two years later, Tyron with his bad back, Travis Frederick with his health problem, and Connor Williams and La'el Collins(2 holding penalties waiting to happen), and you have what you have in Dak: A 4th round pick, who can't read a defense and panics when pressured. I know I'm not the only one who see's this.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I ask this..

If not DAK..

then who?

Are you really going to trust this team to find your next QB and actually develop him?

They then failed to have a replacement ready in Weeden who they had for 2 years.

NOTHING.

And remember..

FA could be an answer.

But again..

Time will slip away.

Comments?

Here's my take. I don't like the QBs in this draft except maybe Thornson of Northwestern, so I'd rather we get rid of Garrett in favour of a better coach, and giving Dak a go with a proper coach. If he's still awful with that coach, then make a play for Tua in 2020.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I’m not arguing that Dak hasn’t regressed. I am however throwing out for discussion an explination for it I don’t typically see mentioned. QB coaching. I mean we have a first year QB coach, who oh btw was not mr accuracy as a player either. Mix in a stale predictable offense that has him facing challenges he didn’t have his rookie year. Blitz schemes etc.

Of course they are still coaching him, but with this staff it could be along the lines of “DUCK DAK!” Or similar. I am aware of the tape where he misses open reads, accuracy is an issue. He really wasn’t being pegged for inaccuracy much in 2016 or even beginning of 2017. Could he really have just lost the ability to see down field or step up in the pocket? Or find open deep throws? Remember the first deep ball he threw against the Rams in pre season? Nobody said then boy he was way off the mark there. 30 yard back shoulder catch to even mr body catcher Terrance Williams.

Just throwing out some things to think about and ponder. Maybe he has regressed beyond explination? Or, maybe a change in staff will change him from Jared Goff under Jeff Fisher to Jared Goff 2018? Remember the time when we all thought we stole the second best qb in the draft not named Wentz?

FTWayne

Reaction score
Naw we have Dak Brady, Dak Rodgers and Dak Brees back there. Did you see his first 34 game stats. We don't need no stinking quarterback.

Sully

Reaction score
Don't see Dallas changing QB until after the 2019 season. But a new system has to be done because you already see than Dak is not developing under the Garrett system. If a new coach is brought in, you all but have to get a offensive minded coach. I would prefer a coach that is pissed at times. Garrett lacks this. Jimmy didn't put up with sloppy plays nor does Belicheck. There were consequences to players who didn't do their jobs. I rather have a defensive minded head coach with a Norv Turner type OC

FTWayne

Reaction score
I read many times on here that the plays were fine it's just a matter of execution. Our executioner just isn't really good.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
We don't have a better option. I mean if he completely blows up over the rest of the season, maybe Ryan Fitzpatrick becomes a stop-gap option for a year.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I would let him play out the last year of his contract with a completely new coaching staff. Let the new HC make the call after that.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know, this whole thing put my plan out of whack.

If Dak didn't work out I planned on spending picks to get a blue chip quarterback in the draft.
But that's down the toilet
So I got nothing.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I ask this..

If not DAK..

then who?

NOTHING.

And remember..

FA could be an answer.

But again..

Time will slip away.

Comments?

Dak must go at all cost before Zeke and all of our other talented players simply are wasted away or leave for other destinations....

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Already have two other QBs on the roster.

I’d start Cooper Rush and then start White the next game.

Dak killed our season. Might as well see what we have in White and Rush.

Brax

Reaction score
i hate posts like the OP. "Well you want a change, who do you want? The backup? These FA nobodys off the street????"

Sticking with a mediocre starter for fear of the alternatives is a good way to ensure you REMAIN mediocre. No one is saying get rid of Dak for some trash, but at least try and acquire or draft a replacement candidate.

And for the love of god, do not give this man any money
Agree with you, If Jason had a pair Dak would be on the bench problem is Jerry would blow a gasket and even bigger problem is there is no quality back up or developing QB. Buying into Dak with no body of work could of crippled this franchise for the next decade.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
We were fine (not me) with the turd coaching for the last 10 years or so, why now are they such an uproar?

*Because they can't turn a turd into a turnip?

Brax

Reaction score
I ask this..

If not DAK..

then who?

NOTHING.

And remember..

FA could be an answer.

But again..

Time will slip away.

Comments?
next year Jerry will bring in some bum and say publicly that the QB competition is wide open, he will tell his HC (whoever his yes man will be next year) privately that Dak is the QB. Dak is here to stay it doesn't matter that Dak would have trouble making a roster anywhere else as a back up, yes you are right lets stick with Dak we know we have a proven looser (darn I forgot about 2016) so lets stick with him longer because everyone knows QB's don't grow on trees.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We don't have a better option. I mean if he completely blows up over the rest of the season, maybe Ryan Fitzpatrick becomes a stop-gap option for a year.

Dak is almost last in every QB stat.

Honestly, how much worse could Rush or White play? Seasons over anyway.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I'll the best rookie we can get our hands on and Ryan Fitzpatrick