Some ammo for your positive pistol

waving monkey

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being positive when you have a blow out on the highway and know your abilities.

But some day you'll be napping while your daughter drives and she'll suddenly shake you awake and ask, "What do I do now?"
As your eyes open you'll find yourself in the middle of nowhere with cows and fences asking, "Did you follow the GPS?"
And she'll reply, "Yes dad, it said turn right in 110 feet. This is 110 feet. Where do I turn?"

Suddenly all your positivity will be tested and you'll be somewhere between "Who gave this kid a license?" and "Why don't we go another 50 yard to that stop sign and turn right?"
afraid to be positive hmmm

Big_D

Reaction score
It's just nice to have some positivity back in the fold. I felt none at all for the majority of Garrett's 10 years.

Brax

Reaction score
Brax, I didn't say championship, I said winner of the East and at least gets to the division round and don't call me Jerry, you can call me Booger.
Didn’t mean to infer you did but the Jerry championship ready snake oil does come out a lot. Just remember hope or wishing or doubting on anyone’s part makes no difference in the out come.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He deserved the extra mmm's for calling someone negative by being negative. LOL
ColossalBowedGerbil-size_restricted.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree with this, but I also see nothing wrong with being optimistic and excited. I think there is a middle ground that is rationale and then there is the craziness..

Not if there is no reason to be optimistic. This year I see definite reason for plenty of optimism. But not every year is like that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Didn’t mean to infer you did but the Jerry championship ready snake oil does come out a lot. Just remember hope or wishing or doubting on anyone’s part makes no difference in the out come.
Right but it makes all the difference in ones attitude and how he presents himself to others.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Some of the "honest realists" here would make absolute sure that they cheer every good play and boo every single unsuccessful play because that is what they should do at live games.

It would be the worst crowd ever and the same people commenting online would whine about the crowd.

If the last play was bad, then they have to make a good play before I believe they can do it.
Definitely Sativa and I approve.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Is it necessary to have a little self sell in you? Yes, it is but wouldn't you rather be positive now and wrong later? What's the harm? Another year to stack on the 25 Years of Misery?

First off, let's put that to rest, this team won the East 6 times in that 25 year span and 3 of the last 7 years. So, is that really 25 Years of Misery? Oh, you are Super bowl or bust? Sorry, in 60 years, they've only been to 8 so you get 52 Years of Misery.

The Cowboys played in 16 conference championship games in a 30 year stretch. They won a total of 31 playoff games during that time.

The last 25 years? Zero conference championship games and 4 playoff wins. That's not anywhere close to a "Super Bowl or bust" mentality.

No reasonable person expects to repeat the 30 year run, but to go from that to the last 25 years is a massive decline.

Until this team actually does something again "hope" is just wishful thinking. It obviously works for some people, and that's okay, but it doesn't work for some of us.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
A little self disclosure about the author of this thread. I was a card carrying pessimist for most of my life and quick to tell anyone that I was either right or pleasantly surprised, win-win for me. But I was wrong and didn't grasp the true value of optimism and positivity, even on events over which I had no control. I learned the only thing I could truly affect was my attitude because what was going to happen was going to happen. When it did and it was not what I wanted, in fact what I feared above all other things, I was still thankful for that time when I was positive.

The value is in the here and now, not the future and not even in the outcome, the payoff for positivity happens for us in the journey, not the destination. And we choose how to make that journey. Took me 60 years to learn that.
That is very good, I am going to copy that down, otherwise I will forget it.
But I like the concept.