Some Encouraging Romo Quotes

rags747

Reaction score
have not seen this story posted here...

Cowboys QB Romo returns for bye-week practice
By JAIME ARON – 2 hours ago

IRVING, Texas (AP) — Tony Romo was back under center at practice Wednesday, once again zipping passes to Terrell Owens.

Expect him to be doing so the next time the Dallas Cowboys play, too.

Romo's return from a broken pinkie on his throwing hand is coming along as expected. The clunky cast he wore the last three weeks has been replaced by a small splint covering only the pinkie. It's as much for support as protection, and he wasn't even wearing it between a walkthrough and a practice Wednesday afternoon.

"It's still not all the way healed, but it's getting there," Romo said. "I can definitely grip the ball much better."

Romo was hurt during a loss to Arizona on Oct. 12. He practiced a little that week and tried to play in the following game, but realized during warmups that his bulky bandage prevented him from properly controlling the ball and sat out ever since.

Dallas went 1-2 without Romo, scoring no more than 14 points with Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger running the offense. The Cowboys scored at least 24 all six games that Romo played.

Romo also has the NFL's third-best passer rating and averages the third-most yards passing per game. His 14 touchdown passes are sixth best, even after missing three games.

However, the Cowboys were only 1-2 in his last three starts. So the notion his return will cure all that ails them might not be accurate.

"I don't think it's a matter of him coming in and trying to be Superman and really saving this team," Owens said. "We have more than enough capable guys in the locker room to make plays for him"

Still, Romo's return is a source of optimism for a team that's gone from preseason Super Bowl favorites to last place in the NFC East. Even team owner Jerry Jones has said Dallas (5-4) needs to aim for just making the playoffs.

Romo also thinks he's figured out some things during his time off.

"I'm not going to tell you what they are, but I think this team is going to have its best football in front of it," he said.

The Cowboys will practice again Thursday, then have a three-day weekend. They'll return to the field Monday, then get back to their regular routine Wednesday.

"I suspect I'll be a little rusty this week in practice, but I also think that I will have felt like I've been doing it a while by next week's gametime," Romo said. "I like to think that I am going to be playing at a decent level (against Washington). I just know I am excited to get back out there. I am excited to help this football team."

Since Romo went down, the Cowboys have added receiver Roy Williams. Their on-field relationship was supposed to begin Wednesday, but Williams missed practice dealing with a family issue. He's expected to return Thursday.

"We'll catch on really quickly," Romo said. "I like a lot of things he does."

Cornerback Terence Newman and left guard Kyle Kosier practiced Wednesday and are expected to play against Washington. So is rookie running back Felix Jones, although he was still working out with the training staff Wednesday.

Romo said he can do most everyday things with his hand now that he's gotten the cast off. He can't totally make a fist, though, the pinkie curling over but not totally closing.

"We don't know what is going to happen in two weeks," he said. "I do know I am going to use (the splint) and pretend like I have to use it (against Washington). If I don't, it's just a positive."

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
rags747;2404005 said:

"I'm not going to tell you what they are, but I think this team is going to have its best football in front of it," he said.

I hope it's, "this Tom Brady stuff is for Tom Brady, I'm better when I'm active in the pocket"

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score

hope he figured out he's not Tom Brady he's Tony Romo.

Edit: wow Bob, you beat me to it lol

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On Total Access they said some of his passes fluttered. He should be good to go by game day 11 days from now. Just returning to the field should improve the moral of the team.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2404026 said:
On Total Access they said some of his passes fluttered. He should be good to go by game day 11 days from now. Just returning to the field should improve the moral of the team.

he should

but those flutters could be the brace on his hand too

yes I did beat you, Rampage :)

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
It was extremely windy in the Dallas area, according to Eatman. That may have had something to do with it.

rags747

Reaction score
All we need to do here is start to go on a run. We started out the season like gangbusters...I cannot believe that all of a sudden we totally suck, although the past few weeks we definitely have been P'sOS.

If we can get the offense dialed back in it will only make our defense that much better. Right now we will go as far as Romo takes us...it all starts with him.

I'm getting sooo tired of all the Gint fans coming out of the woodwork on how they are the best etc. Right now they expect no threat from us at all. If this team can get to 10-6 we will win a playoff game.

We can shock the football community who have basically left us for dead. Won't be easy, but the Gints went on a roll to 10-6 last yr and look what they accomplished with a lot less talent.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
It is clear that he does mask some of the problems we have. Watching Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger gave me visions of Chad Hutchinson, Anthony Wright, et al.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2404011 said:
I hope it's, "this Tom Brady stuff is for Tom Brady, I'm better when I'm active in the pocket"

Rampage;2404019 said:

hope he figured out he's not Tom Brady he's Tony Romo.

Edit: wow Bob, you beat me to it lol

God I hope that's what he was talking about. I don't want Tony Brady. I want Tony Romo.

Shaun

Reaction score
He was moving around in the pocket without pressure. It's not a bad thing that he corrected that.

Frozen700

Reaction score
damn romo...make me happy...i have a feeling w will all be excited after the next sunday

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Just keep it up Romo. Stay positive and don't give the mediots any extra ammunition that they already have/need. But most importantly, PLEASE be the leader we covet.

The Commanders are goners in two weeks...

:star:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2404011 said:

No doubt.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Shaun;2404111 said:
He was moving around in the pocket without pressure. It's not a bad thing that he corrected that.

but Romo changed to standing tall in the pocket, so that he wouldn't move up in the pocket, and risk taking a sack

but he's probably getting as sacked as much per pass attempt as he did before the change

behind this line, and w/ the routes our WRs are asked to run, Romo can't just sit and stand tall in the pocket, he just can't or he's going to get hurt again

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Romo's fluttering passes, look like lazer beams compared to what our guys have been forced to catch these past 4 weeks.

Amazing people thought we could go 2-1 against anyone after watching Brad's first performance against the Rams.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The only quotes I want to hear are Brad Sham screaming "Touchdown Cowboys!"

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
You know, sometimes QBs get "dead arm syndrome". I wonder if that was what was happening on the last few games before the broken pinky when his accuracy was quite erratic.

If that is the case and Flo starts to come around with his injury, the Cowboys offense could come out firing.

I wonder what Flo's actual "status" is injury wise.