STUART SCHWEIGERT [Stuart Schweigert - S] Position: S
Class: Sr
School: Purdue
Conference: Big Ten
Ht., Wt.: 6'2, 218
40 Time: 4.45
Grade: 3.58

Selected by Oakland Raiders
Round 3, pick 4 (67 overall) BIO: Suffered through much of his senior campaign with a calf injury senior and totaled 88/4/4 tackles. Junior numbers were 89/2/4 after a career 96/6/5 as a sophomore. Big Ten Freshman of the Year in 2000 after producing 85/4/5.

POSITIVES: Big, athletic safety who has not met the level of expectations many thought possible. Quick diagnosing the action, takes good angles and a hard-hitting defender who wraps up tackling. Reads the quarterback from center field and stays with assignments. Likes to mix it up, jars opponents at the point of attack and forces the action from the middle of the field. Keeps the play in front of him and alert.

NEGATIVES: Not decisive in pass coverage and usually a half-step late arriving on the scene. Lacks speed to the flanks and does not always play under control. Lacks top man -over skills.

ANALYSIS: A productive leader of the Purdue offense, Schweigert has seen his play level-off recently. Would be effective in a two-deep system if he makes football a priority.

PROJECTION: Late Third Round

Photo: Danny Moloshok/Getty Images

[Jerome Carter - S]

Jerome Carter Grade: 3.46
Position: S
School: Florida St.
Conference: ACC
Ht., Wt.: 5-11.5, 220
40 Time: 4.55
Selected by: St. Louis Rams
Round 4, pick 16 (117 overall)
Grading System

<http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/football/nfl/logos/rams_100.gif>
BIO: Three-year starter and previous All-Conference player who posted 74/1/3 as a senior after almost identical numbers of 78/2/2 during his junior campaign.

POSITIVES: Physically imposing defensive back with solid size/speed numbers. Good athlete who displays range with the ability to make plays in any direction of the field. Explosive defending the run, squares into ballcarriers and a good open-field tackler. Defeats blocks, outstanding in run defense and quickly closes on the action. Improved his skill in coverage and somewhat effective facing the quarterback.

NEGATIVES: Gets sucked up the field by the play-action pass. Slow turning around to make a play on the pass in coverage and does a bit of face guarding.

ANALYSIS: A hard-hitting defender who flashes on the scene, Carter is best playing downhill against the run. Showed flashes of ability in coverage last year and offers potential in a zone or cover-two system where his man-to-man assignments are kept to a minimum.

PROJECTION: Mid Fifth Round

Michael Hawkins # prospect in 2005 NFL Draft.
Michael Hawkins NFL Draft Bio
Michael Hawkins NFL Draft Bio

Michael Hawkins a 6-1 ", 175 lbs, Corner Back who was an NCAA college standout for Oklahoma in 2005. Michael Hawkins who would grow up in his hometown of Carrollton, TX showed inklings of the enormous potential he possesses at an early age. Family, friends, college and NFL scouts alike felt that he would become an NCAA college football standout player and maybe even turn that into a quality NFL career. Michael Hawkinshas demonstrated enough skill to be a top rated NFL prospect and we look forward to seeing great things from him in the future!

Draft Year: 2005

Michael Hawkins NFL Prospect Stats
Pre-Rank Prospect Name Position Played Height Weight
Michael Hawkins Corner Back 6-1 175
Round Selected Team School Hometown
5 167 Green Bay Packers Oklahoma Carrollton, TX
Learn more about 2005 NFL Draft Prospect Michael Hawkins

Sportspool.com pre ranked Michael Hawkins as a projected # prospect for the 2005 NFL Draft

VICTOR HOBSON [Victor Hobson - ILB] Position: ILB
School: Michigan
Conference: Big Ten
Ht., Wt.: 6'0½, 252
40 Time: 4.85
Grade: 3.55

Selected by New York Jets
Round 2, pick 21 (53 overall) BIO: Four-year starter awarded All-Conference honors the past three years. Led the team in tackles as a senior with 99, also accumulating 15 tackles for loss, 5 1/2 sacks, intercepting two passes and breaking up another pair. Junior totals were 80-13-5 after 58-12-3 the prior year.

POSITIVES: Compactly built outside linebacker with poor size-speed numbers. Quick thinker who immediately reads or anticipates the action, scrapes well laterally and redirects to the action. Breaks down well playing with leverage, effectively uses his hands to stay off blocks and goes sideline to sideline working to make a play. Disciplined, reads the QB and gets depth on his pass drops. Stays on his feet and finds his way through the traffic to the ball carrier.

NEGATIVES: Not overly explosive, nifty and lacks a burst of speed. Slow getting off blocks once engaged at the point and best in the box defending the run.

ANALYSIS: Has the head for his position but deficient physical skills l. Built for the weak side but best playing over tight end in college, which he won't be able to do in the NFL. Either a two deep linebacker in a four-three system, or possibly an inside linebacker in a three-four.

PROJECTION: Late Fourth Round

Photo: Danny Moloshok/Getty Images

David McMillan

[David McMillan]

[Player Profile]

Class:
Senior
Hometown:
Killeen, Texas
High School:
Killeen HS
Height / Weight:
6-3 / 240
Position:
Defensive End

? Video Headshot

As a junior (2003): Started all 13 games at defensive end ... Recorded 31 tackles including six for losses ... Returned an interception for a touchdown against Northwestern and returned a fumble for a score against Wyoming ... Also had three quarterback sacks on the season.

As a sophomore (2002): One of nine Jayhawks to start all 12 games ... Was the Jayhawks' fifth-leading tackler with 55 stops ... Posted a career-high nine tackles against both Colorado and Kansas State ... Finished second on the team with nine tackles for loss ... Recorded a team-best 12 quarterback hurries and had three sacks ... Intercepted the first pass of his career at Nebraska on Nov. 9 ... Was the leading tackler among the down linemen ... Won the coaches' award for defensive player of the week three times (Bowling Green, Colorado and Nebraska).

As a redshirt freshman (2001): Played in 10 games as a top reserve at defensive end ... Credited with 27 total tackles, including a pair of quarterback sacks ... Had 13 unassisted stops ... Had a season-best six tackles against Kansas State ... Also had four stops against Missouri and Wyoming ... Listed No. 2 on the depth chart throughout the season.

As a freshman (2000): Redshirted.

High school: An All-Midlands Region selection in Prep Star Magazine ... Credited with six quarterback sacks as a senior ... A former free safety who outgrew his position following his sophomore season ... Gained a reputation for his effectiveness as a pass rusher ... Also lettered in track ... Coached in football by Lee Bridges.

Personal: Born on Sept. 20, 1981, in Hinesville, Ga. ... Major: English.

rathalarge

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2413309 said:
they all have some positives.

Yeah, I agree. Bio's seem to exentuate the positives and few negatives. We already have "the most talented roster in the NFL", and I bet our bio's are out of this world!! Now, with that said, let's get this thing rolling with a " GO COWBOYS"!!!! :star:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Hawkins is a player Dallas was really interested in as a priority UDFA in 2005

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i dont know any of these players, but thought youd like to see the bios, and then if the cowboys sign one or 2 of them, you have their bios, so enjoy

i hope the cowboys sign justin miller, he has super speed and we can use him on kickoffs

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I didn't even catch that we worked out McMillan. I remember thinking Parcells might want him as a DE to OLB project coming out of school, because IIRC he was pretty productive getting sacks. He probably wasn't big enough for Parcells but might be for Wade. I don't know if he'd be better than Rogers on ST, but we could use a backup OLB. (I promise I won't mention Erik Walden here...)