Some of you need to calm down and take a deep breath

mldardy

Reaction score
I just saw Nicks just drop a wide open pass. Sorry players drop passes. Dez dropped a pass. What else is there to say it wasn't the play that won or lost the game. So keep harping on it you are doing a fine job of looking like a joke

Gosh you really are stretching it aren't you. are you going to mention every receiver that drops a pass today. I saw Nicks drop it too. He wasn't running in stride for a long gain or possible TD either or at worst a FG.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
No we didn't. How are they inferior? They are better at RB, OL, DL, safety and coaching. At mimimum

Oh really, rushing was the same except for Alex Smith rushed for more yards than Romo, but rushing was about the same. And they supposedly had the better runner and line.
We gave up 3 sacks to their 4, which means our OLine was better, and our DLine was better. So maybe you should rethink your post of who's better. We are a better team, yet we lost. Face it and move on.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
I used to believe in this but not anymore. Same stuff keeps occurring year after year. Average team and in need of major changes. The offense is boring, lacking creativity, turnovers, etc.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Gosh you really are stretching it aren't you. are you going to mention every receiver that drops a pass today. I saw Nicks drop it too. He wasn't running in stride for a long gain or possible TD either or at worst a FG.

No I'm pointing out its a fact that WR's drop passes. What's sad is you are trying to blame our OT weapon on offense for the loss that's how blind you are. It's really sad

newlander

Reaction score
No I'm pointing out its a fact that WR's drop passes. What's sad is you are trying to blame our OT weapon on offense for the loss that's how blind you are. It's really sad

Sure Dez is our best weapon but again he gagged today when it really counted. NO excuse for dropping that ball....NONE. He also got royally screwed in the first half on the 'interference' call against him. The NFL is so orchestrated, contrived and just.....I don't know I sometimes imagine a Guido in Vegas pulling the strings on this nonsens. Dez is SO talented but at times so tortured and when they make a call like that....it just doesn't help his continual struggles to get from VERY good to elite. He's almost there....but until he starts making those money catches, he isn't there yet.

Zordon

Reaction score
It's a league of parity, Zordon. To be fair to me, I also don't think we're a better team than we actually are. You're not going to see me getting carried away chanting Superbowl after we sign street FA OGs, either.

In a league of parity, you're going to have 8-8 teams losing road games by 1 point in games with a 1.5 point spread. That's just the way it is. I get very excited watching the entertainment, I yell, and clap, and cuss, and scare my dogs. And then, when it's over, I manage my expectations and disappointment and try not to overreact, one way or another.

So, basically, no, I'm not going to quit stradding a fence when straddling it is the smart place to be. Can I ask you...why do you keep hopping off that fence when history should tell you we're going to be battling back and forth around 500 for much of the season anyway? That 9-7 can win you the NFCE and a Superbowl under the right conditions, and the last two years have come down to an 8-8 team battling for the NFCE crown? And *I'm* supposed to be the unrealistic one? Give me a break here, brother.
we gave this game away. dez and witten even said so in the post game. it wasn't a "good game all around". just b/c it was a close game does not make it a good game. the cowboys flat out stunk on offense and they have no one else to blame but themselves. i'm not buying the good game comment or that kc chiefs are a good team. they beat a miserable jacksonville team and then came in hype for their home opener. after the initial storm we took over by the 2nd quarter but couldn't close the deal like the mediocre cowboys of the past.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we gave this game away. dez and witten even said so in the post game. it wasn't a "good game all around". just b/c it was a close game does not make it a good game. the cowboys flat out stunk on offense and they have no one else to blame but themselves. i'm not buying the good game comment or that kc chiefs are a good team. they beat a miserable jacksonville team and then came in hype for their home opener. after the initial storm we took over by the 2nd quarter but couldn't close the deal like the mediocre cowboys of the past.

Well, fortunately for me "what you're buying" is not the measure I use for what's a good game.

anj113

Reaction score
The Rams are no joke, they can really put pts up with their young offense. We can't lose these close ones with our schedule....

I agree, they are VERY well coached...It will be NO surprise if we lose to them or at least struggle mightly to beat them

Verdict

Reaction score
The Rams have a better defense than the Chiefs and more play makers on offense. The Chargers have looked surprisingly good this season. The Broncos will destroy us. We can easily start the season 3-2 or 2-3. We did this last year. Beat the Giants opening game. People starting posting threads saying we can go 5-0, then we get annihilated by the Seahawks and I think we started 2-3.

Also everyone thought the Seahawks sucked last year and they turned out to be a pretty salty team. Maybe KC is a better team than everyone thought they were.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The cowboys are losing games for the same reasons and in the usual way they always lose games. The Chiefs are not a team that should frustrate a playoff team. Room has clearly regressed, mentally and physically. We are in for a long season.

Most football teams lose games for the same reasons as other teams. We are not special in that regard.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
How in the heck do you k now that the Chiefs aren't "good?" They've always had a load of talent, and now they have a real HC and QB.

I'd wager that the Chiefs win 10 games at least this year. Favorable schedule and a talented squad is a good combo

kramskoi

Reaction score
The Chiefs aren't good though...you have to win the games you should win. If the Cowboys are a playoff team like in 2009 then they'd take care of business and not worry about division watching in week 2.

Seattle wasn't supposed to be good last year either. What a difference a year has made with Pete Carroll running things up there. The Cowboys will not rush for over 2100 yards [2009] this season and I will eat my hat if it happens. The Cowboys will continue to do what they have done under Garrett's offensive philosophy, that is chuck the ball around the yard and hope for the best, running game or not. It is early but Romo is throwing the ball over 40 times in games where the Cowboys are leading. Imagine what might happen when they meet more potent offenses like Denver in a few weeks. Very few teams and quarterbacks can get away with such an unbalanced offensive performance week in, week out. The Cowboys ain't one of them.

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
The cowboys are losing games for the same reasons and in the usual way they always lose games. The Chiefs are not a team that should frustrate a playoff team. Room has clearly regressed, mentally and physically. We are in for a long season.

We've lost ONE game! OMG!!

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
The Cowboys lost a close one to an AFC team at their house.

The Commanders got beat. The Eagles got beat. Chances are the Giants are going to be beat.

You aren't going to win every game.

The Cowboys have a lot of work to do, especially on the offensive side...but it can be done.

So step away from the ledge and realize that losing to an AFC team in their house doesn't end the season. Jeez.

LOL, seems like the same post I saw every few games last year, .. and 2011, and 2010, and ...............

Each game seems like groundhog day, ... we are always as good or better than the other team, .. we are good enough to win, .. but we are not tough enough to just get right up in the other teams face and simply take the "W" from them.

I teach the kids that I coach that there just are times in competition that you just have to stand toe to toe, nose to nose and simply TAKE from the other team what YOU want. They have it, .. you have to man up, stand up, and TAKE it away from them.

We had that chance at KC yesterday, .. and yet again, it slipped away because we didn't bow up and TAKE it from them

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
KC has a legit D. They are going to make it tough on every offense they see

And then they get torched next week...watch!

I will bet whatever anybody wants. Vick and eagles will blow them out. Shut down Alex smith.