Some Romo facts

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
#3 total yards passing
#5 in NFL Qb ratings
#2 in TD passes with 11 to 5 Ints

Our offense is #4 and we are averaging 30 points a game.

QB production is not even on the top 10 list of concerns ona team that is 4-1.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
brady.jpg

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nors;2314310 said:
#3 total yards passing
#5 in NFL Qb ratings

And Romo is struggling, just imagine when he gets it together, he will be unstoppable.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I think another factor overlooked is its REALLY difficult to play QB in the NFL.

If you can go count more than 3 deep and say that is a lock/solid QB. And then find me one that has 16 very good games and no mistakes? He almost does not exist.

These NFL defenses are bigger, faster, more complex and require a QB to make complicated progressions and quick throws/decisions.

In Romo's case I think teams have gamepanned him and have a better grasp on attacking him. I think the game is keep Romo in the pocket and max drop into coverage. Press him to make a mistake. And I think with TO and Witten some of these plays are getting predictable and defenses are jumping some of his passes.

Thats allright doing that just opens MB3 to punch you and Felix to hit holes and use speed on edge.

Romo is fine, we just have to keep him clean.

adamc91115

Reaction score
Good post... People have quickly gotten too spoiled with Romo.

I really can't blame them though, look at his career numbers thus far...

Passer Rating - #1
Yards per pass Attempt - #3 (#1 among active QB's)
Completion % - #3
Passing TD % - #6 (#1 among active QB's)
Sack % - #11 (#4 among actives)

These are among ALL QB's... EVER.

He is extremely efficient, just look at the yards per pass attempt... The only people above him are Otto Graham and Sid Luckman.

Another one I didn't list... Yards per pass completion. 12.9 yards per completion. That ranks #70 all time, but #1 among active QB's. That was interesting to me.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
In the old days there was a lot more vertical passing. Drew Bledsoe may have been the end of the 7 drop big cannon arm try and go vertical. Defenses don't give a NFL QB much chance for that ANYMORE and offenses far more West coast and more timing quicker patterns and drops. JMO

Romo had a so and so game but body of work still solid.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Clove;2314318 said:
And Romo is struggling, just imagine when he gets it together, he will be unstoppable.

:hammer:

And you know he will get it together.

A Commander fan asked me today who would I take right now to bait me into an argument. Romo or Campbell and I was having none of it but I told him Romo. Romo is struggling but still putting up numbers that most other teams would die for their qb to have. But than I asked him who has a higher qb rating, sacked less, has a higher completing percentage, and has more yards and more touchdowns. He shut up right there. Campbell is playing great right now with no turnovers and a nice little two point win. But I'll still take Romo.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Nors;2314310 said:
#3 total yards passing
#5 in NFL Qb ratings

And this is coming from a true-blue Pats HOMER!:)

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
adamc91115;2314414 said:

Passer Rating - #1
Completion % - #3

He is extremely efficient, just look at the yards per pass attempt... The only people above him are Otto Graham and Sid Luckman.

Another one I didn't list... Yards per pass completion. 12.9 yards per completion. That ranks #70 all time, but #1 among active QB's. That was interesting to me.

:bow:

Social D

Reaction score
There is just something special about Tony Romo. There really is. When you talk to him he's got that smile on his face like aww chucks I cant believe this is happening to me, and week in and week out he continues to make one big play after another.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
adamc91115;2314414 said:

Passer Rating - #1
Completion % - #3

They dont mean as much as you make them out to be since he has only started what 25 games or so....(give or take a game or two) Dont get me wrong I am a big Romo fan but I dont think its warranted to bring up comparisions with all time qbs... give him a few more years first

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
They are stats and then they are lies. Now Romo is not bad, but the problem with his turnovers is, that they seem to mostly come in Key moments of the game.

Like against Bengals yesterday when it looked like Cowboys were about to put Bengals out of their misery, he fumbles the ball and gives Bengals life.

But, either way, we won't know about Romo till playoffs, assuming cowboys make the playoffs. Thats when we will know, IMO. Personally, I have don't have great faith in Romo, but then I never had. He was winning me over last year, but this year, I have my fingers crossed, because if Romo is not the answer, I hate to think about the alternative. Frankly Cowboys are real lucky to land Romo, even with his warts.

MONT17

Reaction score
Great u guys r so out of it u r basicly saying Romo is the next Jim Kelly! Very comforting do you have any stats that suggest MB3 is Thurman Thomas?

adamc91115

Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan;2314495 said:
They dont mean as much as you make them out to be since he has only started what 25 games or so....(give or take a game or two) Dont get me wrong I am a big Romo fan but I dont think its warranted to bring up comparisions with all time qbs... give him a few more years first

Honestly, I think they are MORE impressive because he's only started 25 games...

If it was a position like RB where it will take defenses time to adjust I would say sure, give it time.

But QB is a much more complicated position. Not only that, he is continuing to improve on those career numbers this year. His rating this year is currently at 100.5, up from his career 97.1. His YPA this year are at 8.4, up from an 8.3 career YPA. His completion % is staying stable this year... 64.2% compared to a 64.7% career.

I'm just sayin...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2314637 said:
Romo is still turning the ball over too much, say what you want...

He's also scoring to many TD's and wins to many games for us......

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan;2314495 said:
Before the Bengals game, I compared him with what the greats did in their first 30 starts. These are all of the Hall of Fame QB's, plus Brady, Manning, and Favre.

Romo 60 TD/33 INT

Marino 77/29
Van Brocklin 74/66
Graham 67/31
Romo 60/33
Baugh 60/65
Dawson 59/42
Jurgensen 58/54
Unitas 54/34
Layne 54/61
Manning 52/42
Montana 49/28