Some were saying the Clowney hit on Wentz was dirty

C42

Reaction score
@Nav22 is type of dude who would be okay with his son having mashed potatoes for brains I guess as long as he gets back in the game :rolleyes:

Nav22

Reaction score
@Nav22 is type of dude who would be okay with his son having mashed potatoes for brains I guess as long as he gets back in the game :rolleyes:
You’re being a deflecting coward. No wonder you love Wentz!

I’ve said MANY times that Wentz did the smart thing for his long-term health. Good for him.

You’re trying to paint me as something else to deflect attention away from the fact that you were DEAD WRONG about his concussion.

He took himself out of the game. The Dr. considered him fine... it was Wentz’s choice.

That DIRECTLY contradicts all the nonsense you were spewing earlier, and you know it.

You’re just not man enough to say that you were wrong.

And no, Wentz doesn’t have the gladiator mentality that ultra-tough QBs have.
That’s not even debatable.
:laugh:

C42

Reaction score
You’re being a deflecting coward. No wonder you love Wentz!

I’ve said MANY times that Wentz did the smart thing for his long-term health. Good for him.

You’re trying to paint me as something else to deflect attention away from the fact that you were DEAD WRONG about his concussion.

He took himself out of the game. The Dr. considered him fine... it was Wentz’s choice.

That DIRECTLY contradicts all the nonsense you were spewing earlier, and you know it.

You’re just not man enough to say that you were wrong.

And no, Wentz doesn’t have the gladiator mentality that ultra-tough QBs have.
That’s not even debatable.
Not deflecting at all. I just know you aren't gonna come around to what most people think so we just gotta agree to disagree. You think playing through a concussion is okay (despite all the research that has been done on it and continues to be done on it). There is no point going forward with this, neither of us are changing our mind.

Nav22

Reaction score
Not deflecting at all. I just know you aren't gonna come around to what most people think so we just gotta agree to disagree. You think playing through a concussion is okay (despite all the research that has been done on it and continues to be done on it). There is no point going forward with this, neither of us are changing our mind.
More deflection.

We weren’t debating the merits of playing on a concussion.
:lmao2:

We were discussing what exactly happened with Wentz’s concussion and whose decision it was for him not to play.

You’re just not man enough to admit that you were dead wrong.

C42

Reaction score
More deflection.

We weren’t debating the merits of playing on a concussion.

We were discussing what exactly happened with Wentz’s concussion and whose decision it was for him not to play.

You’re just not man enough to admit that you were dead wrong.
We were discussing that. You called a guy soft who played on a torn ACL because he didn’t play through a concussion. It was the medical team’s decision for him not to play. He could have not reported the symptoms which is what you suggest but that is dumb considering the effects of CTE and what we know about it. Would you let your kid go back into a game after being knocked out? Would you want him to? It’d be stupid to do so.

Nav22

Reaction score
We were discussing that. You called a guy soft who played on a torn ACL because he didn’t play through a concussion. It was the medical team’s decision for him not to play. He could have not reported the symptoms which is what you suggest but that is dumb considering the effects of CTE and what we know about it. Would you let your kid go back into a game after being knocked out? Would you want him to? It’d be stupid to do so.
That’s not what happened, as the article I linked clearly states that WENTZ pulled himself.

Nobody else did.

For the 800th time, yes, Wentz did the smart thing. Good for him. I’d want my kid to do the same thing.

Also true: Wentz is NOT cut from the cloth of tough guys like Favre, Aikman and Dak who played through concussions because they refused to let anything keep them off the field.

You can’t even deny that.

LOL at your “torn ACL” nonsense. He played THREE plays on the torn ACL off of adrenaline.

Philip Rivers played an entire GAME with a torn ACL.

C42

Reaction score
That’s not what happened, as the article I linked clearly states that WENTZ pulled himself.

Nobody else did.

For the 800th time, yes, Wentz did the smart thing. Good for him. I’d want my kid to do the same thing.

Also true: Wentz is NOT cut from the cloth of tough guys like Favre, Aikman and Dak who played through concussions because they refused to let anything keep them off the field.

You can’t even deny that.

LOL at your “torn ACL” nonsense. He played THREE plays on the torn ACL off of adrenaline.

Philip Rivers played an entire GAME with a torn ACL.
You call a guy soft for doing the same thing you say is the smart thing to do lmao. And he didn’t take himself out. He had no choice. You don’t hide concussions, it’s not smart. Especially long term.

Nav22

Reaction score
You call a guy soft for doing the same thing you say is the smart thing to do lmao. And he didn’t take himself out. He had no choice. You don’t hide concussions, it’s not smart. Especially long term.
No, he’s soft COMPARED TO QBs who are clearly tougher than he is. He isn’t on the Favre/Aikman/Dak level of toughness. He’s a flat-out wuss compared to them.

He’s MUCH tougher physically than I could ever hope to be. So this isn’t even me talking trash, I’m just stating the truth. It’s not smart to play through a concussion.

The BS about his “back injury” last season cemented his relative softness. That was a JOKE.

Not even trying to play through his concussion cemented that he isn’t one of “those dudes.”

LOLL it’s already been established that he chose to get checked out and remove himself from the game. Check the link I provided and the snippets I posted. Stop living in fantasy land.

EST_1986

Reaction score
No he was cleared and no signs were seen. He starting whining and took himself out.

C42

Reaction score
No he was cleared and no signs were seen. He starting whining and took himself out.
He was never cleared. Spotters missed the signs. Inside the medical tent he couldn’t remember a thing or sit straight.

C42

Reaction score
No, he’s soft COMPARED TO QBs who are clearly tougher than he is. He isn’t on the Favre/Aikman/Dak level of toughness. He’s a flat-out wuss compared to them.

He’s MUCH tougher physically than I could ever hope to be. So this isn’t even me talking trash, I’m just stating the truth. It’s not smart to play through a concussion.

The BS about his “back injury” last season cemented his relative softness. That was a JOKE.

Not even trying to play through his concussion cemented that he isn’t one of “those dudes.”

LOLL it’s already been established that he chose to get checked out and remove himself from the game. Check the link I provided and the snippets I posted. Stop living in fantasy land.
So before “he shoulda sniffed some smelling salt and stayed in the game like Dak!” Now that you realize that’s a stupid take you change it lmao. At least you realize it.

Also, like I said before if you can’t remember anything or sit straight, you should tell a doc. He didn’t check himself out. The medical team didn’t allow him to return. If they did, you really think he wouldn’t play in his first playoff game?

EST_1986

Reaction score
He was never cleared. Spotters missed the signs. Inside the medical tent he couldn’t remember a thing or sit straight.

"Understand: No one forced Wentz to leave the game. No one. In a statement released Monday, Dr. Allen Sills, the NFL’s chief medical officer, acknowledged that, according to “the independent certified athletic trainer spotters and unaffiliated neurotrauma consultants monitoring the game,” neither Wentz nor Clowney “seemed to exhibit behavior or symptoms suggestive of concussion” after Clowney speared Wentz in the back of the head."

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/phi...lowney-nfc-playoffs-concussions-20200107.html

I'm glad he's an Eagle, he's constantly injured and checking himself out of playoffs games.

Nav22

Reaction score
LOLLLLLL this is borderline tragic.

An Eagles fan has discovered his hero to be the softie that he is and can’t bring himself to face reality.

If what you’re saying about what happened inside the medical tent was true, the article would NOT have stated that “NO ONE FORCED WENTZ TO LEAVE THE GAME.”

It would’ve merely said, “No one forced Wentz to get checked out. Spotters missed the signs until Wentz reported how he was feeling. Then he got checked out and medical personnel removed.”

I do enjoy that you have NOTHING to say about your SOFT QB’s “back injury” last season.

C42

Reaction score
"Understand: No one forced Wentz to leave the game. No one. In a statement released Monday, Dr. Allen Sills, the NFL’s chief medical officer, acknowledged that, according to “the independent certified athletic trainer spotters and unaffiliated neurotrauma consultants monitoring the game,” neither Wentz nor Clowney “seemed to exhibit behavior or symptoms suggestive of concussion” after Clowney speared Wentz in the back of the head."

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/phi...lowney-nfc-playoffs-concussions-20200107.html

I'm glad he's an Eagle, he's constantly injured and checking himself out of playoffs games.
You’re misinterpreting. The spotters didn’t spot any symptoms. Then the medical team checked after Wentz said he was feeling woozy and realized the guy couldn’t remember anything and they ruled him out.

Question for you, if they ruled he was good to go do you really think Wentz wouldn’t be out there?

Nav22

Reaction score
So before “he shoulda sniffed some smelling salt and stayed in the game like Dak!” Now that you realize that’s a stupid take you change it lmao. At least you realize it.

Also, like I said before if you can’t remember anything or sit straight, you should tell a doc. He didn’t check himself out. The medical team didn’t allow him to return. If they did, you really think he wouldn’t play in his first playoff game?
When did I ever say he SHOULD have done what Dak did? Can you read?

You’re deflecting because that’s easier to do than face reality about your QB’s relative SOFTNESS compared to Dak Prescott. I LOVE IT.

I have clearly stated since my very 1st post on the topic that Wentz did the smart thing for his long-term health, BUT that also means he doesn’t have the tough-guy gladiator mentality of a Favre, Aikman or Dak.

You know that that’s true... that’s why you’re deflecting and making stuff up. Not man enough to be honest.

“DURRR HE COULDN’T REMEMBER ANYTHING OR SIT STRAIGHT!!!”

Lies. If that were true, the medical examiners would’ve told him he couldn’t play anymore. That’s NOT what happened. Wentz removed HIMSELF from the game.

C42

Reaction score
LOLLLLLL this is borderline tragic.

An Eagles fan has discovered his hero to be the softie that he is and can’t bring himself to face reality.

If what you’re saying about what happened inside the medical tent was true, the article would NOT have stated that “NO ONE FORCED WENTZ TO LEAVE THE GAME.”

It would’ve merely said, “No one forced Wentz to get checked out. Spotters missed the signs until Wentz reported how he was feeling. Then he got checked out and medical personnel removed.”

I do enjoy that you have NOTHING to say about your SOFT QB’s “back injury” last season.
Deflecting. Letme ask the same question, if the medical team would have okayed him, would he have sat the game? I’ll wait, try to answer instead of focusing on where to incorporate the laughing emoji into your post ;)

C42

Reaction score
When did I ever say he SHOULD have done what Dak did? Can you read?

You’re deflecting because that’s easier to do than face reality about your QB’s relative SOFTNESS compared to Dak Prescott. I LOVE IT.

I have clearly stated since my very 1st post on the topic that Wentz did the smart thing for his long-term health, BUT that also means he doesn’t have the tough-guy gladiator mentality of a Favre, Aikman or Dak.

You know that that’s true... that’s why you’re deflecting and making stuff up. Not man enough to be honest.

“DURRR HE COULDN’T REMEMBER ANYTHING OR SIT STRAIGHT!!!”

Lies. If that were true, the medical examiners would’ve told him he couldn’t play anymore. That’s NOT what happened. Wentz removed HIMSELF from the game.
Lmao there it is. That’s where you’re wrong. They did tell him he couldn’t play. You’re an idiot if you think he wouldn’t have been out there had they not told him that.

Nav22

Reaction score
Deflecting. Letme ask the same question, if the medical team would have okayed him, would he have sat the game? I’ll wait, try to answer instead of focusing on where to incorporate the laughing emoji into your post ;)
Yes, he would have sat out.

Once he decided to tell medical personnel he wasn’t feeling right, he had already decided he was done for the day.

The NFL has gone to great lengths to try keeping concussed players off the field, but the reality is it’s up to the players to be honest about how they’re feeling.

If Wentz approaches the doctors to complain about how he’s feeling, there’s no way they could’ve simply said, “Nah, you’re fine, get back in there!”

So your hypothetical is odd and doesn’t apply.

Wentz essentially TOLD the medical examiners that he had suffered a concussion. When you get your bell rung and are feeling the effects (woozy/disoriented), that’s ALWAYS a concussion.

Wentz choosing to report the effects to the doctors is essentially the same as taking himself out of the game.

Nav22

Reaction score
Lmao there it is. That’s where you’re wrong. They did tell him he couldn’t play. You’re an idiot if you think he wouldn’t have been out there had they not told him that.
Wentz: “Guys, I got hit in the head and now I’m feeling totally concussed!!”

Doctors: “Really? We didn’t even notice, you seemed fine to us.”

Wentz: “No really, I got hit in the back of the head and now I’m all woozy and stuff.”

Doctors: “Oh, well now that we know that, you can’t play.”

@C42 : “SEE!?!? Wentz is such a tough guy and would’ve done ANYTHING to play!!! But the doctors protected him from himself and made the decision to remove him!!!”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

In all seriousness, you’re arguing semantics at this point.

Players need a doctor’s approval to sit out with a concussion, just like I’d need a doctor’s note to call out sick from work for a week.

Wentz is the one who reported his concussion symptoms. Nobody forced him into the tent. ONCE THAT HAPPENED, the doctors really had no choice but to pull him from the game.

Last edited: