Someone isnt going to get another contract

CapnB

Reaction score
The 2016 draft was about as good a draft as any team could hope for. But when you hit on all those players eventually you have to pay them.

Not only that, you have players that are line for new contracts that will be asking for major $$$$. (D-law)

What big time players could yall see not getting another contract with the Cowboys?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
@stasheroo has an extremely similar and largely enjoyable thread on this exact same thing...
But every idea and argument gets rehashed over here over and over, so why not this one also?

For the record I say: I don't know.
I know... what a thread contributor I am. Sorrizle for rizzle.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
@stasheroo has an extremely similar and largely enjoyable thread on this exact same thing...
But every idea and argument gets rehashed over here over and over, so why not this one also?

Edit: here, I gave you a Like.

GenoT

Reaction score
Good question. Might depend on how we define “big time.”

I believe the FO would(?) put Dak, Zeke, Amari, Fredbeard, Martin, T-Smith, D-Law, Jaylon and LVE in the “big time” category. Also believe the above will all be, or are already being, paid big $$.

After that, I have no idea.

Reactions: CWR

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
The 2016 draft was about as good a draft as any team could hope for. But when you hit on all those players eventually you have to pay them.

Not only that, you have players that are line for new contracts that will be asking for major $$$$. (D-law)

What big time players could yall see not getting another contract with the Cowboys?

I say let Dak walk. We save some money. Spend it on better accuracy.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I say let Dak walk. We save some money. Spend it on better accuracy.

What is your realistic Top dollar? $10-15-20-25-30? I’m at 15-20 Max, I’m also saying we got 1 yr left on that rookie contract..

Maybe Stephen is right there as well but Johnnie Blue is 25-35...:omg:

The question remains...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dang it, you're a turd. I opened this thread hoping it was about Garrett not getting another contract.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I could see them letting Maliek Collins from the 2016 draft walk. They will try to replace him with another mid round pick or the classic Rod Marinelli “effort guy”

I can also envision a world where Byron Jones leaves because he wants too much money, more than the FO thinks he is worth.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score

Garrett

conner01

Reaction score
I could see them letting Maliek Collins from the 2016 draft walk. They will try to replace him with another mid round pick or the classic Rod Marinelli “effort guy”

I can also envision a world where Byron Jones leaves because he wants too much money, more than the FO thinks he is worth.
I think jones is most likely to not get paid
Collins will probably get an offer but we definitely need some DT’s

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
What is your realistic Top dollar? $10-15-20-25-30? I’m at 15-20 Max, I’m also saying we got 1 yr left on that rookie contract..

The question remains...

In all seriousness I believe 10-15 is fair. Imo Dak still has more to prove.

And Jerry needs to stay in his lane. I trust SJ!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

The question remains...
Don't take that morons bait lol......his poor attempt to make this another bash Dak thread.

gmoney112

Reaction score
All the young guys at valuable positions are probably staying, whether people like it or not.

The guys who won't be staying are the Tyrone Crawfords and La'El Collins type players.