Someone tell the Bucs you build through the draft only

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Mobinvans, Feb 16, 2021.

1. lostar2009

lostar2009 Well-Known Member

4,872 Messages
    2,787 Likes Received
    Gronk was a shell of himself but did show up in a few games. AB, not sure what he did but I believe both players will be better next year. But Suh, JPP, and Barret took that D to the next level with Todd Bowels leading the ship. But not going to lie I'm from TB and they always been a solid team. But always had sketchy QB or kicker play. I can tell you from watching them I've seen their kickers loose them 3 to 4 games a season and their QB was nothing more than a turnover machine.

I just want JJ and FO to spend the money where it needs to go in the middle of this D. Add in a draft and we can be a contender again.

TINGS21 and JBond like this.
  2. lostar2009

lostar2009 Well-Known Member

4,872 Messages
    2,787 Likes Received
    Tampa core is pretty good. They just added the sprinkles.

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

82,542 Messages
    60,901 Likes Received
    It is a team sport but you can't win in this league without a good QB. That gets proven every year.

bigE79, Furboy and PAPPYDOG like this.
  4. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

6,475 Messages
    8,162 Likes Received
    We like overpaying for our guys. And drafting Stars.

DenCWBY and birdwells1 like this.
  5. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

12,579 Messages
    17,345 Likes Received
    So you listed 7 players out of 53. Great argument. I guess you missed the part where their entire core of players are draftees. What we should do. Is pay the players we draft. That’s our problem. Trying to get cute with Dak is what got us into this situation. If they would have paid him 2 years ago. None of this drama would be happening.

6. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

11,954 Messages
    7,121 Likes Received
    Ridiculous. There’s always Space to be found you just have to want to do it

7. Whirlwin

11,954 Messages
    7,121 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones is loyal to his players. He’s not loyal to winning championships. You have two types of players. The ones who want to win a ring. And the ones who want to play for money.

McKDaddy likes this.
  8. Swagger

Swagger Well-Known Member

3,091 Messages
    3,243 Likes Received
    This is the pertinent point. With the exception of the Patriots/Tom Brady you only have a 3 year window with a QB due to the salary cap constraints and that's it. People obsess with personal feelings but this is now the case. Looks at Wilson, look at Rodgers, look at Brees, look at Big Ben, look at Goff, look at Wentz, the list goes on.

We had our shot with Prescott in 2016-19, it didn't work out and now we need to move on.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  9. Whirlwin

11,954 Messages
    7,121 Likes Received
    It’s about a winning culture, a winning attitude. You’re never going to win without it. And the entire team must by In . It’s not about how long you’re together. It’s about the right attitude

Seven, Cover 2 and McKDaddy like this.
  10. Whirlwin

11,954 Messages
    7,121 Likes Received
    Move on from who. Not Prescott. The kid is a winner he’s proven it . The supporting cast he had put the team in turmoil. Elliot

Kolemmitt likes this.
  11. Swagger

Swagger Well-Known Member

3,091 Messages
    3,243 Likes Received
    I completely agree with your statement but there's clearly something amiss with the culture and locker room with the Cowboys. Personally, I would blow it up and do a complete rebuild but it will take a year or two to get the main chunks of the big contracts off the books. So if people want to tag Prescott for a year as a stop gap then by all means as we have next to no chance of winning the Superbowl next season any way as it will take a few years to bring in enough quality players with the right character and attitude to turn it around.

Cover 2 and DenCWBY like this.
  12. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member

6,181 Messages
    3,468 Likes Received
    SJ is afraid to go after high level fa because if they don't work out he's afraid to be ridiculed. He's pretending to know what he's doing by doing less thus exposing himself to less criticism, if I take a job I'm not qualified for the more moves I make the more people will realize that I don't know what I'm doing. SJ wants to look like he's fiscally efficient but he's really just afraid to wade in the fa waters because he's not a good judge of talent.

DenCWBY and 75boyz like this.
  13. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member

6,181 Messages
    3,468 Likes Received

They had most of those guys last year.

McKDaddy likes this.
  14. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

24,495 Messages
    22,707 Likes Received
    You mean the Eagles who are 60 mil over the cap?

Cover 2 and Whirlwin like this.
  15. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

11,917 Messages
    7,101 Likes Received
    Also, coaching matters.

16. BigD_95

BigD_95 Well-Known Member

1,493 Messages
    1,425 Likes Received

well its a little easier when the greatest QB of all time isnt greedy

bigE79, Proof and Swagger like this.
  17. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

14,698 Messages
    7,391 Likes Received
    The draft is only one element of building a team. Ignoring free agency (because it isn't Madden) is simply foolish. Unless you're hitting along the draft up and down year after year, you're going to be outpaced by other teams who draft well and bring in talent, meanwhile you overpay people like Tyrone Crawford.

18. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

8,119 Messages
    13,184 Likes Received
    There definitely needs to be balance with player acquisitions. It's not realistic to believe the draft is going to solve all roster spots. Free Agent pick ups are a great way to fill gaps and potentially man a position for years with good talent. The biggest problem is the Cowboys front office is terrible with free agency in both directions. They either hold on to players too long or fail to pull the trigger on a signing.

It doesn't help that Jerry likely spends no time evaluating the talent coming up for free agency and how they would fit the roster and he thinks every player the Cowboys draft is a potential HOFer.

19. ColoCowboy

ColoCowboy Well-Known Member

2,693 Messages
    6,935 Likes Received
    And, not just with talent. TB accepted a very team friendly deal, allowing Tampa to sign all those FA.

20. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

17,724 Messages
    15,262 Likes Received
    How many of those guys came because of Brady?