Something everyone should know about CowboysZone

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboysZone has absorbed orphaned fans from several popular forum sites over the years since it launched.

I launched the original site that would later become CowboysZone because there were a few of us on the TSN (TheSportingNews) Cowboys forum that were being trolled and harassed by fans of other NFC East teams. We invited people we knew from a few sports sites but kept the site private for only around 50 members.

Unexpectedly, the DMN (DallasNews) forums, which were probably the most active at the time, shut down (with no notice apparently) and I woke up one day to dozens of new registrations. By the end of the day, a lot more users had signed up, so we opened the doors to everyone.

Over time, there have been several other forum sites that have shut down or sold out to larger networks that cared little about the users after the sale. There have also been forum splits where a lot people left forum sites to join CZ.

My point is that a lot of members here started out somewhere else but ended up here (myself included). So, while you may be the "new guys" for now, it won't be long before you get comfortable and hopefully find your new home here.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Unexpectedly, the DMN (DallasNews) forums, which were probably the most active at the time, shut down...

I wonder if, in some alternate parallel universe, LF and MG are still going at it?

That might have been the most over the top message board I've ever seen.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Ya it takes a little time but it happens. I stopped feeling new after a few months. It probably went slower for me than it will for others.

maxdogg

Reaction score
CowboysZone has absorbed orphaned fans from several popular forum sites over the years since it launched.

I launched the original site that would later become CowboysZone because there were a few of us on the TSN (TheSportingNews) Cowboys forum that were being trolled and harassed by fans of other NFC East teams. We invited people we knew from a few sports sites but kept the site private for only around 50 members.

Unexpectedly, the DMN (DallasNews) forums, which were probably the most active at the time, shut down (with no notice apparently) and I woke up one day to dozens of new registrations. By the end of the day, a lot more users had signed up, so we opened the doors to everyone.

Over time, there have been several other forum sites that have shut down or sold out to larger networks that cared little about the users after the sale. There have also been forum splits where a lot people left forum sites to join CZ.

My point is that a lot of members here started out somewhere else but ended up here (myself included). So, while you may be the "new guys" for now, it won't be long before you get comfortable and hopefully find your new home here.
You have the best Boyz site Bro no doubt !!

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Thank you for welcoming us with open arms. :)

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Enjoyed the history. I think I recall going on the old Dallas Morning News Forum which is still my best source.

Reality you are what makes this a great site. Thanks !!

And is PayPal only way to become a supporter?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Enjoyed the history. I think I recall going on the old Dallas Morning News Forum which is still my best source.

Reality you are what makes this a great site. Thanks !!

And is PayPal only way to become a supporter?
Is that what the Zone Supporter tag means? They're contributing to the site? I thought that was a level earned with posts.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
The adds disappear when you become a Zone Supporter which is nice.