Something Wrong with Romo? Something wrong with you!

superonyx

Reaction score
Wow. I try to not post after a game because many people are here posting things that are just clear over reactions to whatever they perceived to be true from the game they just watched.... but i cant help it after reading too many people talk about Romo's accuracy.
We are 4-1. Romo has a qb rating over 100 and he is a problem?
Take a look at how the qb that some of you people complain about has been playing.

1. he has a rating of over 100 this year.
2. He had a rating of 106.2 today.
3. He threw for 3 touchdowns today.
4. We scored 31 points today.
5. Our Lowest offensive point total this year was 24 points.
6. We have only lost 1 game and it was by 2 points.
7. If he continues to play at his current level he will have the highest career qb rating in nfl history....

So come on... lets hear your complaints about how bad he is because he threw an interception...

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I love Romo, and he is one of the best QB's in the NFL.

I will say, he will not make the same mistake twice, so you know he will hold on to the ball tighter, and slide at the first.

Romo needs to stop taking chances in coverage..... plain and simple!!!

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
superonyx;2311296 said:
Wow. I try to not post after a game because many people are here posting things that are just clear over reactions to whatever they perceived to be true from the game they just watched.... but i cant help it after reading too many people talk about Romo's accuracy.
Take a look at how the qb that some of you people complain about has been playing.

7. If he continues to play at his current level he will have the highest career qb rating in nfl history....

So come on... lets hear your complaints about how bad he is because he threw an interception...

I'm fully with you brother. But, people expect perfection.:)

STSINAZ

Reaction score
superonyx;2311296 said:

he is not throwing right...did you see the game?

AtomicDog

Reaction score
superonyx;2311296 said:

Ding Ding Ding! welcome to my NOT ignore list. :D

juck

Reaction score
I agree but u cant overlook his consistent turnovers and him throwing a lot of ducks.I think the oline is kinda playing crappy at the moment without Kosier.

superonyx

Reaction score
STSINAZ;2311328 said:

Yea of course i saw the game. Let him keep slinging 3 td's to 1 interception and to lead us to 31 points and he can keep not throwing right.

What would be good enough for you?

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
STSINAZ;2311328 said:

He's throwing many more "right" balls than wrong ones. He's at 64.7% for the year completion percentage. He can't be THAT off and be at almost 65%. People just tend to fixate on the FEW bad throws he does make.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
I think he needs to get better, but I have 10 words for you.
Quincy Carter
Chad Hutchinson
Drew Henson
Vinny Testeverde
Drew Bledsoe

Feel better about Romo? :D

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It's okay to complain about your favorite players issues, just don't give up on the player.

IOW, say he needs to work on his accuracy, but I believe in him and I know he will get it together. Not, Romo sucks, he's no good. I've said that I hope Romo doesn't start to look average, because no matter the stats, he's been looking average over the past few games, but we're winning, and he'll get better.

rangers71

Reaction score
:bow:
Paniolo22;2311350 said:
I think he needs to get better, but I have 10 words for you.
Quincy Carter
Chad Hutchinson
Drew Henson
Vinny Testeverde
Drew Bledsoe

Feel better about Romo? :D

links18

Reaction score
Come on man, Romo is just off. If you don't believe people on this board, fine, just look at Romo. He sulked most of the second half and just frankly looked pissed. Is he happy with his performance? Did you see the pass where he missed Deon Anderson? How about the one where he missed Bennett for a TD? How about the duck he threw to Crayton (Crayton still should have caught it)? The numerous McNabb like passes he threw in the dirt? Nobody expects perfection, but Romo has not been on his game lately and even HE knows that, judging by his body language for about half the game.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Also, his passes were wobbly all day. Sometimes, the stats don't tell you the whole story. Tony is still throwing interceptions and still doesnt protect the ball. That may not concern you all now, but what about when the months of December and January roll around? He needs to improve and so far he is not doing that. It is too much to ask our 67million dollar man to play like one?

sweetness0986

Reaction score
Romo is certainly not a bad QB and anyone wanting him off our team is an idiot. I do have to say though that something is a little different this season. His numbers are great, and if we never saw Tony Romo before now we probably wouldn't think twice about any of this. However, having seen the Romo of last year, it just seems like he's more tense than normal and completely missing throws that would usually be on the money for him.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Well said. I have no issues with Romo and all of our issues should be directed toward the defense. I for the life of me can't figure out why our defense is so passive with the talent we have. Wade's defense here is exactly like it was in San Diego. SD had/have dangerous edge rushers and a secondary that gives up the big play. Remember all the posts about how glad we were for taking Roy instead of Jammer. It was Jammer and the secondary giving up all those home run plays. Now, the names have changed but we still stink at getting offenses off the field.

rangers71

Reaction score
So because he looks pissed he sucks? I know if I threw an interception I would be pissed too. Do you want him to laugh?

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
links18;2311362 said:
Come on man, Romo is just off. If you don't believe people on this board, fine, just look at Romo. He sulked most of the second half and just frankly looked pissed. Is he happy with his performance? Did you see the pass where he missed Deon Anderson? How about the one where he missed Bennett for a TD? How about the duck he threw to Crayton (Crayton still should have caught it)? The numerous McNabb like passes he threw in the dirt? Nobody expects perfection, but Romo has not been on his game lately and even HE knows that, judging by his body language for about half the game.

I think expectations are too high. All QB's make some bad passes. Did you happen to see the one where Palmer just lofted one right over the RB in the flats? They all do it. If this game had been right after Bledsoe/Carter/Henson got benched, people would elated. But, when you've seen him throw for 5 TD's on a Thanksgiving Day game, people start to kind of expect more and more. I can't see any situation where a 100+ rating game would be considered poor. Stats can be deceiving but completing almost 65% of your passes is pretty straighforward. So is 3 TD's to 1 INT. No amount of "just looking at Romo" will change the fact that he completed a very good percentage of his passes.

links18

Reaction score
rangers71;2311388 said:
So because he looks pissed he sucks? I know if I threw an interception I would be pissed too. Do you want him to laugh?

Who said he sucks? He is off, but he doesn't suck. Something isn't right, both with his game and his emotional state, but he doesn't suck. He is one of the best QBs in the NFL. He is frustrated with how is playing right now though and it is showing during the game.

links18

Reaction score
PBJTime;2311402 said:
I think expectations are too high. All QB's make some bad passes. Did you happen to see the one where Palmer just lofted one right over the RB in the flats? They all do it. If this game had been right after Bledsoe/Carter/Henson got benched, people would elated. But, when you've seen him throw for 5 TD's on a Thanksgiving Day game, people start to kind of expect more and more. I can't see any situation where a 100+ rating game would be considered poor. Stats can be deceiving but completing almost 65% of your passes is pretty straighforward. So is 3 TD's to 1 INT. No amount of "just looking at Romo" will change the fact that he completed a very good percentage of his passes.

Fine, but no looking at the stats will change the fact that he is just not the same Romo we saw for most of last year right now. It almost looks like the game isn't too much fun for him the last 3 weeks or so. That may change, but it is clear as day just looking at him right now.