Sooo...Det offered Dallas Roy Williams straight up for D. Ware

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
during the 2008 draft at least according to Schefter. Call me slow, but I didn't know.

Now they want two firsts or some other package of picks.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I heard something like that, and I don't think I would take their whole team for D. Ware.....

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
YES. Because, you sign Terrell Suggs in the off-season to take Wares spot, and you put Anthony Spencer on the other.

It's a no brainer.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Another delusion Millen was operating under. Pass rusher is one of the cornerstones you build a team around. You can get by/platoon at the wideout postion.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2307706 said:
Sooo...Det offered Dallas Roy Williams straight up for D. Ware during the 2008 draft at least according to Schefter.
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
Re: Roy Williams- he's on the last year of his contract. I'd give a #2 that upgrades to a #1 if we win a playoff game. Otherwise, we can wait. Lions can't afford to franchise him next year with their rebuilding.

But D-Ware? C'mon, they had their shot at D-Ware. He should never wear another uniform.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2307706 said:
during the 2008 draft at least according to Schefter. Call me slow, but I didn't know.

and the correct response is the one Jones had, to hang up the phone.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
what a big fat joke.......I would not trade Ware for 11 Roy Williams.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2307706 said:

I sincerely hope Jerry laughed in Millen's face then and I certainly hope he does now.

Why anyone would want to trade our drafts for a player like Roy Williams, I will never understand.

It would make the Joey Galloway signing smart in comparison.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Alexander;2307740 said:
I sincerely hope Jerry laughed in Millen's face then and I certainly hope he does now.

Why anyone would want to trade our drafts for a player like Roy Williams, I will never understand.

It would make the Joey Galloway signing smart in comparison.

We have 12 draft picks next year. Including their 4th. How could giving away a 1st (very late) and their 4th be our entire 'draft'?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
The only way I trade DWare is if we are guaranteed at least the next 5 Lombardi trophies......then IMO, the trade would be almost worth it.....

Ware is a strong character guy who is a great influence on and off the field in the Dallas community and other communities as well.....You just cant replace these kind of people on your team.....

However, 5 Lombardis would go a long way to healing the wounds of losing Ware.....

That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I wouldnt trade Ware unless Millen plans to send Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Ernie Sims and Leigh Bodden all our way in exchange

Kangaroo

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2307706 said:

That just shows you how inept that franchise is and why Millen and crew as been laughed at all these years.

The current guy wants to keep the job but he is showing he is just like Millen a complete idiot in over his head.

Let me go run that franchise I know I could do a better job than those 2 idiots. For one thing no way I would draft 4 wr in the 1st round and I know there is no way I could get that much for a soon to be fa wr

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2307783 said:
I wouldnt trade Ware unless Millen plans to send Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Ernie Sims and Leigh Bodden all our way in exchange

and I still wouldnt do it...Ware is eons better than any of those players and is much more difficult to replace