Sopranos Thread

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Last night was a killer episode. Two highlights:

1. When they were all playing Marco Polo in the pool, Artie is "it", and Tony steps out of the pool to grab Carm. Artie opens his eyes and shouts, "Fish outta water, Tone, you're it!" It was like they were all 8 years old again.

2. The Rod Stewart tune at the end of the episode was fantastic, as Tony B was whacking Joey Peeps. I was smiling ear to ear. How 'bout it, Brain?

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Sorry i don't watch the Sopranos , bullet. I'd love to give an opinion or contribute but i can't :(. But it's cool, we both like some prince songs. (has nothing to do with it but still. :D )

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BulletBob said:

1. When they were all playing Marco Polo in the pool, Artie is "it", and Tony steps out of the pool to grab Carm. Artie opens his eyes and shouts, "Fish outta water, Tone, you're it!" It was like they were all 8 years old again.

2. The Rod Stewart tune at the end of the episode was fantastic, as Tony B was whacking Joey Peeps. I was smiling ear to ear. How 'bout it, Brain?

Good Stuff....and I wonder if Tony and Carm work things out?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RoyWillisill said:
Sorry i don't watch the Sopranos , bullet. I'd love to give an opinion or contribute but i can't :(. But it's cool, we both like some prince songs. (has nothing to do with it but still. )

You are becoming the King of the Off-topic Zone...are you trying to start a Monopoly? :p

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Good Stuff....and I wonder if Tony and Carm work things out?

My wife is convinced Carm is pregnant, because of the "foreshadowing" when she was discussing that Chinese (?) novel with the Assistant Principal. She thinks there will be a big controversy now on who is the father.

FWIW, I'm not on board with this theory.

Rockybehri

Reaction score
BulletBob said:
My wife is convinced Carm is pregnant, because of the "foreshadowing" when she was discussing that Chinese (?) novel with the Assistant Principal. She thinks there will be a big controversy now on who is the father.

Woma's Intuition! Who knows? It could be plausable.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
You are becoming the King of the Off-topic Zone...are you trying to start a Monopoly?
Maybe :) , seriously just want a place where we can have fun outside of talking football. Love talking football, but it's always fun to have a laugh or to talk about something other than pigskin. BTW, you and bullet sound like two men talking about soap operas. (not that there's anything wrong with that). :D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
BulletBob said:

I love looking at the foreshadowing of Sopranos, and this is an interesting theory, but I don't think it holds up.

The two books I recall them discussing were Madame Bovary (which is French) and Abelard and Heloise (which is Middle English). If there was a third Chinese book, I'm not aware of it.

Neither of these books deal with unplanned pregnancy or unclear fatherhood. I think their symbolic importance is that they deal with a female character that feels trapped or is frustrated with her lot in life, and decisions that are made often lead to disatrous consequences.

I also think that discussing obscure literature was a way of the guidance counsellor to assert "intellectual superiority" and dominance over Carm, which assisted him in seducing her. She's always looking for intellectual male stimulation versus Tony's raw physicality.

It would be fascinating if she was knocked up, but I think she's too old to pull that off successfully. I certainly don't see her and Tony getting back together.

The foreshadowing that I'm really looking forward to seeing pan out is between the two Tonys... Soprano and Blundetto. The scene where Tony B just snaps on the Korean shop owner I think really foreshadowed a violent encounter with Tony. It seemed very reminiscent of Tony S's snap violent encounter with Ralphie.

Tony B. is always just stewing, and I can see him just going off at some point.

But these two works of literature both deal with a woman's frustrations

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Danny White said:
I love looking at the foreshadowing of Sopranos, and this is an interesting theory, but I don't think it holds up.

The two books I recall them discussing were Madame Bovary (which is French) and Abelard and Heloise (which is Middle English). If there was a third Chinese book, I'm not aware of it.

Thanks for the clarification, DW. I think it was Abelard & Heloise. Didn't the assistant principal describe part of the plot as one of the characters becoming pregnant and getting killed for it? He said something to the effect of "it doesn't have a good ending ...."

I'll have to keep an eye out for one of those marathons.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Was there a third book in the bathroom?

I don't see them getting back together because in the preview they were going at it about money and Carm told her lawyer Tony had money from illegal sources coming in.

jamez25

Reaction score
it is time for Tony to put a bullet in "Junior" Soprano... I hate that old bastid.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
BulletBob said:

For anyone who cares, that Rod Stewart song was from his days with The Faces (Jeff Beck was the guitarist).

"Bad 'N' Ruin", from the 1971 Faces' album, Long Player. :cool:

VThokie7

Reaction score
It will be very interesting to see what comes of this, knowing Tony wants to stay neutral. When they find out Blundetto was the one behind the hit, you know Johnny Sack won't be happy and will want retribution. Plus the trailer was quite interesting...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
BulletBob said:
Thanks for the clarification, DW. I think it was Abelard & Heloise. Didn't the assistant principal describe part of the plot as one of the characters becoming pregnant and getting killed for it? He said something to the effect of "it doesn't have a good ending ...."

I'll have to keep an eye out for one of those marathons.

You know, you're right. She does become pregnant and have a child. I missed that.

But the rest of the story really doesn't follow the Sopranos plotline, especially with as brutally as the guy dumped Carm.

If they wanted to foreshadow the "pregnancy" theme, they should have used Anna Karenina. That would have been pretty appropriate.

Well, enough literature talk.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
BulletBob said:

Maybe she is on to something, a friend of mine who never watches the show was hanging out this weekend when the show was on, asked if she was pregnet as well.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was it me or did last nights episode focus WAY to much on Meadow...man she is sweet looking but enough of that whining pain in the butt.

Funny when Fin pulled up and sees the security guy in the car...then sees security guy AND Vito.
Then Vito talking to Fin outside the porta-john.

The other parts of the show were interesting with Tony having to lie to Johnny Sacks.

Another funny part when Paulie pulls up at the construction company and tells Fin to clean the dog crap off of his tires...then the other guys tell Paulie that Fin is Meadows boyfriend...his eyes got big as saucers lmao....man they need to have more Paulie on the show...he just cracks me up.

Also next weeks show seems like it may be a good one.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
I had high hopes for the season but it seems they are just struggling right now. Yes, meadow is hot......but I think most of us would rather see an hour of the Tony/Johnny Sack situation over that. How about a few weeks on the mafia side of things?

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Yo,

Last night's episode was slow, but I had to laugh at the scene when Vito Spatafore got "caught" in the car with the security guard.

We have a guy here in Philly on local talk radio during the morning commute, and on Mondays, the guy who plays Vito checks in with him. Last week, he said that his character was about to take an interesting "twist".

I had no idea that this was what he was talking about!

...not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bufford said:
I had high hopes for the season but it seems they are just struggling right now. Yes, meadow is hot......but I think most of us would rather see an hour of the Tony/Johnny Sack situation over that. How about a few weeks on the mafia side of things?

Yes the whole meadow thing is getting on my nerves....unless she is going to get in serious trouble or do something to cause serious trouble then I say leave out the whole meadow thing.

At least before with the Aprille (sp?) boy it was interesting because it involved more of Tony in the twist.