Sorry for the positive thread

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I was and am still amazed by the turn around of our Defense...With the way the Defense is playing it greatly increases our chances of doing well in the playoffs...

For those crying about the offense...let me give you some news that may comfort you...

HELLO...It was as bad a game as could happen... it happens to the very best of Quarterbacks.... when you combine the wind with the defense they were playing and also that it was Tony's first real cold weather game in a stadium he has never played in before...one should/would expect mistakes... Now picture this if you will...a mild sunny Tampa Bay picture perfect Super Bowl football day...netural field, Cowboys - Stealers, I like our chances very much...Why, you ask...because we did just about everything on Offense and Special teams to lose that game and the stealers could barely pull that win out of their as s.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Minus the turnovers that game yesterday was a clinic. The Defense was impressive. Pittsburgh doesn't want us again. Bet on that.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hostile;2475830 said:
Minus the turnovers that game yesterday was a clinic. The Defense was impressive. Pittsburgh doesn't want us again. Bet on that.

Oh and I do so hope that they and our beloved Cowboys are there my friend...:eek:hboy:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zaxor, thanks for the positive post. I needed that right before bed, LOL.

And I agree, Pittsburgh don't want no part of us in decent weather.

links18

Reaction score
Hostile;2475830 said:

The Turnovers are the problem. Unfortunately, Tony is going to commit his share. Although I think the INTs weren't all on him yesterday.

Batman

Reaction score
Hostile;2475830 said:

I do not think Pittsburgh will have to worry about us again this year. First, I do not think the Steelers will get to the Super Bowl. The Colts are peaking at the right time and I am beginning to think they could be the team to beat in the AFC right now, and the Titans clearly can not be overlooked.

NFC, we have a real up hill battle to face that very few teams have been able to pull off. I have already made it clear the big reason why I think it will be tough for us, but Philly is looking strong again and the Giants, you can never count out a champion.

ladiewolve

Reaction score
Never be sorry for a positive thread. Some of us (like me) enjoy reading them!:) :starspin

Ender

Reaction score
I Actually agree 100%, if the team looks at it positively i think we can beat the Giants next sunday.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Zaxor;2475805 said:
HELLO...It was as bad a game as could happen... it happens to the very best of Quarterbacks....

In their first games against the steelers...

Tom Brady ........went 115 yards 0 TD 0 INT and 2 Sacks (Win)
Payton Manning..went 304 yards 1 TD 3 INT and 2 Sacks (Loss)

I am not going to look up more, but I am willing to bet that when QBs first play this team, their stats are very similiar to this as Romos were.

MrMom

Reaction score
I still think we make the playoffs, but I hold no hope that we'll be able to do anything in the post-season.

I just know that our special teams will cost us big in the playoffs, and Garrett doesn't inspire confidence in me any longer.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Zaxor;2475805 said:
I was and am still amazed by the turn around of our Defense...With the way the Defense is playing it greatly increases our chances of doing well in the playoffs...

For those crying about the offense...let me give you some news that may comfort you...

HELLO...It was as bad a game as could happen... it happens to the very best of Quarterbacks.... when you combine the wind with the defense they were playing and also that it was Tony's first real cold weather game in a stadium he has never played in before...one should/would expect mistakes... Now picture this if you will...a mild sunny Tampa Bay picture perfect Super Bowl football day...netural field, Cowboys - Stealers, I like our chances very much...Why, you ask...because we did just about everything on Offense and Special teams to lose that game and the stealers could barely pull that win out of their as s.

No, this logic is baffling. Tony Romo sucks and we can't win with him....:rolleyes:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
MrMom;2476112 said:
I still think we make the playoffs, but I hold no hope that we'll be able to do anything in the post-season.

I just know that our special teams will cost us big in the playoffs, and Garrett doesn't inspire confidence in me any longer.

This is finally some logical thought as to potential inability to win -- these are the two things I'm worried about right now as well. I think that our defense is beginning to peak at the right time and finally starting to get it, shutting down the run and forcing teams to try and throw all over while getting a scarily consistent pass rush. Our special teams, particularly coverage on kicks and punts, is looking dismal. VERY dismal.

Also from now on, we should just fair catch all punts, and Stanback should return kicks even though he's not that good at it, at least he runs north and south.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;2475830 said:
Minus the turnovers that game yesterday was a clinic. The Defense was impressive.
Pittsburgh doesn't want us again.
Bet on that.

We were.
They dont.
I will.

Boyzmamacita;2475934 said:
Zaxor, thanks for the positive post. I needed that right before bed, LOL.

And I agree, Pittsburgh don't want no part of us in decent weather.

Like you said in other post.... would love to see them in Feb when it counts. We owned them for much of game in their house.

Batman;2475955 said:
I do not think Pittsburgh will have to worry about us again this year. First, I do not think the Steelers will get to the Super Bowl. The Colts are peaking at the right time and I am beginning to think they could be the team to beat in the AFC right now, and the Titans clearly can not be overlooked.

NFC, we have a real up hill battle to face that very few teams have been able to pull off. I have already made it clear the big reason why I think it will be tough for us, but Philly is looking strong again and the Giants, you can never count out a champion.

Agreed. Pitt wont go to SB.
Colts either.
Titans look ready.

Philly?? are you serious? You watch too much McNabb-jock-sniffin-ESPN :p:
Giants have a really good shot... but I do think distractions and no Plaxico takes its toll.

The Lucky Charms are running low on the Giants.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Dave the Sicilian;2476168 said:
We need positive threads...:bow:
...but we need wins too :bang2: !!!

we can only control ONE of those now can't we?

thanks, zax. i don't post much but i'll give you a big +1 here.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2475830 said:

Abso-freaking-lutely

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I'm with you, Zax.

It's interesting that several people who have been critical of the team, from Emmitt Smith to Randy Galloway, actually feel better about the team after a loss. Why? Because they saw the same heart and fight and toughness that many of us saw. They were both calling it a turning point.

Galloway actually was so impressed that he's now saying he thinks we'll beat the Giants and break the so-called December curse. Not that he's some great sage, of course -- he's just a newspaper and talk show guy. But he has bashed this team under Wade non-stop for two years now, and even some under Parcells, because he felt that kind of heart and guts were lacking.

So maybe, just maybe, the team is growing. I just hope we have enough healthy bodies to compete the rest of the way.