Sour grapes by Mahomes' mom

Jipper

Reaction score
She didn't "voice her opinion" - she outright claimed bias and that there is a system built around letting Tom win.

The disrespect Brady gets from people needs to end.

all social media is voicing of opinions....

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Brady’s wife called out the Pat’s WRs after a SB loss. ‘He can’t throw it to himself.’

In her defense, I think my mom and dad would have said something similar if I lost the SB. Moms are moms. I doubt we will ever hear a mom say her son ‘stunk up the joint.’

Jipper

Reaction score
How else would you categorize that tweet?

like i said, a bit whiny but its social media and shes hurting for her kid....not that i agree with it but again, calling her and her family pathetic?

Who knows, maybe i have a stronger view of the use of the word "pathetic" than some of you do....

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I’m I’m mahomes I tell both him and his fiancé who also tweeted something similar that this is part of the deal, this comes with the territory and this comes with that huge contract. If they give me flowers when I play great and say how good I am then they get to criticize me when I play bad.

Jipper

Reaction score
....again, there are opinions "Tom Brady sucks" and there are claims "ref is on Brady's side"

There is a difference.

go reread her post, its an opinion...but again im simply stating some are being ridiculous calling her and her family pathetic.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
like i said, a bit whiny but its social media and shes hurting for her kid....not that i agree with it but again, calling her and her family pathetic?

Who knows, maybe i have a stronger view of the use of the word "pathetic" than some of you do....

You don't have to accuse someone of wrong doing to prop up your child. She's an adult.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Oh, I don't think we should blast someone's mom for being a mom, as annoying and as off-base as she may be. I haven't seen Mahomes himself post any whiney comments, which is what really matters to me, and I feel for him if his family only makes things embarrassing for him. And I don't think he's a guy who would fake injury by limping. Didn't he play with a turf toe that requires surgery? While running for his life most of the game? I bet a lot of posters here would have skipped the game from the pain....and I probably would have been one of them.
And no, I don't wish that the Chiefs had won. I do admire Mahomes because he's so very good--and he went to one of my alma maters.
However, I live in Missouri and the Chief's loss means that I have to put up with a lot less yapping over the next six months

mattjames2010

Reaction score
go reread her post, its an opinion...but again im simply stating some are being ridiculous calling her and her family pathetic.

She is MAKING A CLAIM, it's not an "opinion". Her claim is that there was a ref on the field that helped Brady win. This is not her saying he was just a bus driver or that the defense carried him, she was making a claim that someone off the Bucs team, a ref, was out there helping Brady get his trophy.

Sorry, but when you're the mother of a QB that could be the possible face of the franchise, maybe don't tweet crap like this.

Jipper

Reaction score
You don't have to accuse someone of wrong doing to prop up your child. She's an adult.

shes still a mom and that's what moms do.....hate to tell you but that's just how it is for a lot of moms...while i don't agree with it especially in social media, i hardly think that makes her or her family pathetic which is the point im trying to make

DFWJC

Reaction score
fwiw, the game was not at all close.

Unless a ref could line up at OT for Mahomes, it was not going to make enough difference.
Dude was running for his life most of the game.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Insert Dallas instead of Kansas City and you would have the same tweets or post from most Dallas fans.

You could insert Prescott's brother instead of Mahomes mother and the likes would be flowing.

Hypocrites.

DFWJC

Reaction score
shes still a mom and that's what moms do.....hate to tell you but that's just how it is for a lot of moms...while i don't agree with it especially in social media, i hardly think that makes her or her family pathetic which is the point im trying to make
Well, Moms and Dak_Attack_09
:muttley:

Last edited:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
There isn't a person reading this post who hasn't been very upset over officiating that went against the Cowboys a time or ten.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
There isn't a person reading this post who hasn't been very upset over officiating that went against the Cowboys a time or ten.

I have never once thought the refs were out to get the Cowboys. I do think, however, the rules in the NFL are written in such a way that it leaves far too much room for refs to be inconsistent and it has just gotten worse.

Only people who watch only Cowboys games would think calls like this only go against the Cowboys.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The stage was already set for a Buckaneers win before the game was ever played. For KC to be missing their two OT starters, it sealed their fate well before that game was ever played.

The Cowboys surely learned that lesson in 2020, with both Tyron and Zack being injured. That fraction of a second loss of time to pass makes a difference that any knowing fan knows to be crucial. Mahomes spent a major part of his time in that game scrambling for his life.

Hopefully, the Cowboys might benefit from the proof that missing your starting OTs is a devastating handicap. It's an awful problem that, obviously, begs to be resolved, ASAP. Hopefully, the ten picks available this year should help to alleviate that problem. Dak would appreciate better protection, no doubt.

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
Mahomes’ mother should watch the Seahawks-Stealers super bowl and thank her lucky stars her son was not subject to real ref bias. The Seahawks were victims of grand theft on steroids.

What she imagines she saw pales in comparison.
huh? i dont know that i get your post...my point was it was a bit ridiculous to call him and his mother pathetic for that post....
My point is the same as yours.
Cowboys Zone members coming down on Mahomes' mother are hypocrites - because they did the same thing when Dallas lost its two playoff games to Green Bay.
Many fans of teams that lose in playoff \ championship games declare incompetent and \ or bias on the part of officials. Recall the NFCCG game between the Rams and the Saints - it seemed to me that half the NFL fans & media thought the Saints were jobbed, and the other half expressed that New Orleans lost due their own mistakes.
Whether some label it legitimate gripes or sour grapes....it happens all the time in sports.

Last edited:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
fwiw, the game was not at all close.

Unless a ref could line up at OT for Mahomes, it was not going to make enough difference.
Dude was running for his life most of the game.

Were the OTs Chaz Green bad? I didn’t watch the game.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I have never once thought the refs were out to get the Cowboys. I do think, however, the rules in the NFL are written in such a way that it leaves far too much room for refs to be inconsistent and it has just gotten worse.

Only people who watch only Cowboys games would think calls like this only go against the Cowboys.
I think you are reading way to much into her words. Heaven forbid a Mother lets her emotions get away a bit after watching her son get his head handed to him while fighting his *** off.

Not sure what your comment about the Cowboys has to do with anything. For the record, I live in New England and have watched the Pats as much if not more than the Cowboys simply because they are on every week here and I'm a football fan.

Agree about the officiating.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Were the OTs Chaz Green bad? I didn’t watch the game.
They were 2nd and 3rd stringers, but it's hard to say if topped Chaz' infamous Atlanta game showing.
Plus, that was one player while KC was missing 3.