News: Source: Ezekiel Elliott has made no decision on possible holdout

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
So, nothing has changed. Only speculation by people not close to the organization say he is now making up his mind on how to proceed.

This is pure spin on the part of the journalists involved for content purposes only. It flies in the face of Zeke stating Jones backed him during the ordeal where Zeke was punished so the league could say they were tough on domestic violence after blowing the Ray Rice decision and getting caught lying about it.

But here it is.

+++++

Stop me if you've heard this before:

Ezekiel Elliott is in line for a contract extension with the Dallas Cowboys.

That's far from headline news, but what continues to be such is the rumor that Elliott is planning to hold out in 2019 to assure he gets one right now. Such was the report initially floated by Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, who initially stated the two-time All-Pro running back would not report to voluntary OTAs absent a finalized deal. Elliott wound up reporting to OTAs as planned and expected, and subsequently mandatory minicamp as well. With news of Melvin Gordon locking horns with the Los Angeles Chargers for a new deal, the climate seems ripe for additional speculation on what Elliott will or will not do this summer.

Rest of article.....Note what Jerry says about Zeke's coming contract!

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...nwFoxcpMm4YXLFKhGisr53jTROvO_4l2H64Q71wQCuz6s

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This is the scoop: I've gotten no indication from anyone I've spoken with that Elliott has his mind made up on a holdout situation.

He could still be leaning on holding out as PFT reported AND be undecided on whether it will actually happen. This doesn’t debunk anything.

But as for this bombshell... He has Not refuted holding out, but is undecided on holding out? That’s the relief Cowboys fans should get?

Okay then.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Uh, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but "not making a decision on whether to hold out" and "exploring the possibility of holding out" are literally the exact same thing. All this does is confirms what everyone was worried about.

Not holding out = already made a decision not to hold out.
Haven't made a decision = probably going to hold out, unless the Joneses make it worth his while not to.

Before I posted this, I hadn't made a decision NOT to post it. Had I decided that I wasn't interested in posting it, I wouldn't have wasted my time typing in the first place. You guys act like the media make this stuff up out thin air. Most of the time it either comes from a team or an agent trying to tip the scales. This isn't rocket science.

Common Sense

Reaction score
To put it another way: when someone says they haven't "made a choice" about something, they're telling you that they're considering it. Otherwise it would never be a possible choice in the first place.

Example: If I said I haven't decided whether to light my ball hair on fire today, you would probably sound stupid if you tried to argue that what that ACTUALLY means is that I would never, ever light my ball hair on fire, and especially not today, of all days. Smart money says it's probably about to start smelling real, real weird any moment now.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
To put it another way: when someone says they haven't "made a choice" about something, they're telling you that they're considering it. Otherwise it would never be a possible choice in the first place.

Example: If I said I haven't decided whether to light my ball hair on fire today, you would probably sound stupid if you tried to argue that what that ACTUALLY means is that I would never, ever light my ball hair on fire, and especially not today, of all days. Smart money says it's probably about to start smelling real, real weird any moment now.
I put it this way....when I hear someone say "Zeke told me" "I over heard Zeke telling" or actually hear Zeke say it himself.....
mm-hmmm.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So now they're down to reporting there's no news? Hey y'all, nothing has happened so were just letting you know. BTW, there are no nuclear warheads headed this way from N. Korea and Ebola has not been reported in Rapid City, S.D.

GenoT

Reaction score
Clicked on the article; stopped at the first
reference to Mike Florio.

However, don’t let me keep anyone from exercising their naïveté.
:muttley::laugh::lmao::lmao2::facepalm: