Sources: Hopkins would welcome trade to Cowboys; willing to make financial concessions

exciter

Reaction score
I don’t think they drafted him to be a guard
From Jerry just after draft
The Cowboys have boasted about Tyler Smith's upside since making him the 24th overall pick out of Tulsa. The plan was always for him to succeed Tyron Smith
Wouldn’t put a lot of stock in Jerry’s gibberish trying to justify the pick to the “fan base”. If graded as a OT he’s a 3rd round pick. If you look at his numbers objectively last year 6 sack, tied 1st 13 penalties, he was borderline atrocious. Cross and Ekwonu put up similar and there’s rumblings of both being bust!

Motorola

Reaction score
They need to call to find out lol.
However, before any calls are made, the Cardinals are going to have drop that request for a 1st round pick this year.
Ask for the 2024 2nd and 4th (if all goes well, they will be the 64th and 128th picks overall).

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Belt says cowboys aren’t as interested in Hopkins as Hopkins is in dallas

Says Dallas will not trade a 1 or 2 and probably not even a 3 for Hopkins
A number 2 will seal the deal. They have plenty of ammo to move up and get back into the lower part of the second round if they need to. Do it now. Don’t think twice

Beaker42

Reaction score
Even though I should be used to this it's really frustrating to see the lack of effort to improving this team in the offseason.

Here we have a superstar player, the kind of skill position upgrade this QB needs, practically begging for the Cowboys to come get him.

The money? He'll work with you. He isn't looking to get paid.

The reported price? A 2nd round pick. To add one of the top receiving weapons in the game.

Too much? We have to hold onto those draft picks? Especially one that high? Let's take a look at what the Cowboys have done with their 2nd round picks over the last 15 years. Even with the great and almighty Will McClay.

Is there a player on that list better than Hopkins? I guess you could argue Lee, Lawrence and Diggs (I think he's better than all of them) but the fact is their usual return on a 2nd round investment pales in comparison to the instant impact Hopkins would provide in a supposed all in season.

He would make the QB better. Isn't that the most important objective this offseason so we don't have a 49ers part 3?

How could they possibly, even these colossal idiots, not be interested in this? Why am I reading a report like this from a legit team source?

It's an insult to the fans. It's why my blood boils every time we re-sign an old member of the band. Here's an actual real upgrade that can win you those playoff games, someone who can potentially change things and break this cycle of losing and we make no effort to make it happen. We're busy looking for bargains, not serious about winning.

But I guess this is what happens when you have a front office that chooses Leighton Vander Esch over Bobby Wagner.

Meet the new season. Same as the last season.

Preach, Brother Risen, preach.

Flamma

Reaction score
A number 2 will seal the deal. They have plenty of ammo to move up and get back into the lower part of the second round if they need to. Do it now. Don’t think twice
One can hope. But if you're the Arizona GM, you want to give him up for the 58th pick? I know I wouldn't.

JBS

Reaction score
Belt says no way they give a 2. Probably not even a 3

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
When you give up premium picks for a receiver, they shouldn’t need to be lining up next to a CeeDee Lamb to produce. CeeDee wasn’t lining up next to much this past season and he produced. Amari Cooper didn’t have a great receiver opposite him when he arrived in Dallas, but he produced. Try again!
He doesn’t need ceedee to produce lol…he has a career of producing. He just produced last year without a ceedee- so actually not nice try lol.

The Point of having a ceedee next to him or a Hopkins next to ceedee is that it creates matchup problems all over the field for the defense. That if you try and double ceedee Hopkins will feast on single coverage or vice versa which in return can open it up for the run game, Ferguson, Gallup or whomever.

He doesn’t NEED a lamb just like a chase doesn’t NEED a Higgins or the 2021 amari didn’t need lamb….but it sure as hell helps the ENTIRE offense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He doesn’t need ceedee to produce lol…he has a career of producing. He just produced last year without a ceedee- so actually not nice try lol.

The Point of having a ceedee next to him or a Hopkins next to ceedee is that it creates matchup problems all over the field for the defense. That if you try and double ceedee Hopkins will feast on single coverage or vice versa which in return can open it up for the run game, Ferguson, Gallup or whomever.

He doesn’t NEED a lamb just like a chase doesn’t NEED a Higgins or the 2021 amari didn’t need lamb….but it sure as hell helps the ENTIRE offense.
Just over 700 yards and 3 TDs isn’t producing in my book. The previous season he had under 600 yards. He probably got on steroids to try and prevent injuries after missing several games in 2021. After he got off steroids he ended up getting hurt again. I remember after Sean Merriman got suspended for steroids he became injury prone and it was downhill from there. The Cardinals want to unload Hopkins before he has another injury plagued season. You can’t depend on him to play a full season especially with him aging. We need another receiver opposite CeeDee but not an aging, injury prone receiver who will cost us a hefty price in draft pick compensation. Done wasting my time with this you got my opinion.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Just over 700 yards and 3 TDs isn’t producing in my book. The previous season he had under 600 yards. He probably got on steroids to try and prevent injuries after missing several games in 2021. After he got off steroids he ended up getting hurt again. I remember after Sean Merriman got suspended for steroids he became injury prone and it was downhill from there. The Cardinals want to unload Hopkins before he has another injury plagued season. You can’t depend on him to play a full season especially with him aging. We need another receiver opposite CeeDee but not an aging, injury prone receiver who will cost us a hefty price in draft pick compensation. Done wasting my time with this you got my opinion.
He had 700 yards in 9 games…5 games of over 80 yards and another with 79. He went over 150 yards one game and 100 in another.

Your opinion on ped use is pure conjecture and I won’t even acknowledge as we have no idea and again you completely disregard that one of the main alternatives to Hopkins is an just as old, not as good, way more polarizing, more of distraction Odell Beckham jr.
He costs less because he’s lesser of a player.

And oh btw he hasn’t played in 2 years

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Wouldn’t put a lot of stock in Jerry’s gibberish trying to justify the pick to the “fan base”. If graded as a OT he’s a 3rd round pick. If you look at his numbers objectively last year 6 sack, tied 1st 13 penalties, he was borderline atrocious. Cross and Ekwonu put up similar and there’s rumblings of both being bust!
Did you watch Tyler in the playoffs against San Francisco and Tampa? He was outstanding. You noticed that Bosa stayed on Tyron’s side after the beginning of the game he was going after Tyler.

exciter

Reaction score
Did you watch Tyler in the playoffs against San Francisco and Tampa? He was outstanding. You noticed that Bosa stayed on Tyron’s side after the beginning of the game he was going after Tyler.
Lol, oh, you mean he mostly played the side he normally plays???? Wow!!!