Speak For Yourself-Cowboys should prioritize Dak's contract over Zeke's-Marcellus Wiley

whynot

Reaction score
bloody hell -- is this really sports broadcasting? That was like listening to ice melt. Of course a QB is more important than an RB, I don't need 7 mins+ of mealy mouthed drivel to tell me that. RBs have been devalued for years, it sucks for Zeke but that's the reality.

We got beat in the playoffs by Todd Gurley's backup. If Gurley and Goff were in the same draft there's no argument over who would get paid first and Goff isn't that good.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Ladainian Tomlinson and Drew Brees were drafted in the same draft. LT retired 50 years ago and Drew is still playing and he is 97 years old.....football years

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I’d like to see them hold off on extending both. In fact I’d prefer they not extend Zeke at all. Dak should wait a year. There’s enough doubt surrounding him, even with the good things he’s done, that he should face a prove it year, like Garrett.

I almost certainly won’t get my wish on either front.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
All what we need to do if find Dak a supermodel who make a lot of money to marry.

Any matchmakers in the house?

Who is the richest young supermodel now? Any suggestions?

:cool:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I’d like to see them hold off on extending both. In fact I’d prefer they not extend Zeke at all. Dak should wait a year. There’s enough doubt surrounding him, even with the good things he’s done, that he should face a prove it year, like Garrett.

I almost certainly won’t get my wish on either front.
I guess I am in the minority.

To me, Zeke is beyond important.

Without him..we lose.

Now without DAK..?

We have no litmus paper test yet there..

Before they extend him into the stratosphere..

I would like to see how we play if he is injured or unavailable.

Could Rush or White win with Zeke and our defense?

I definitely think so.

And if they could..

hmmmmm.

We have played with DAK and no Zeke in 2017 and know what to expect from DAK.

We is not nearly as good.

But does Zeke carry the team if Rush or White has to start for real.?

And if they can..is DAK devalued?

I want to know this before we commit 15% of our cap to DAK and later wish we had not.

Call me curious.

But this team has not finished the work on this yet.

They could and should extend Zeke first and let DAK earn his new contract still.

Yes, they might save some money right now redoing DAK..

but they also could cough a big hair ball if we find this team might succeed without DAK tied to a mega-deal.

Just saying.

:omg:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
sRxvmepvzuz8Gz4XA
All what we need to do if find Dak a supermodel who make a lot of money to marry.

Any matchmakers in the house?

Who is the richest young supermodel now? Any suggestions?

:cool:
I vote for the blond bombshell from the 1987 TV series La Femme Nikita.

She can walk DAKs dog for him.

https://images.app.goo.gl/MF3g71wxxaRamGNP6

https://images.app.goo.gl/sRxvmepvzuz8Gz4XA

:grin:

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
Obviously. At no team and at no time will a RB ever be more important than the QB.
It’s really not even about that
Zeke has more time left
Dak, cooper will be next
Then there comes some tough decisions with jones and zeke
Do we keep both? Do we let one walk?

Sydla

Reaction score
Frankly, I am not signing either right now.

But gun to head in a more broad discussion, the QB is more important than the TB IMO. But then again I am one of those that thinks you don't have to use high draft picks and spend a ton of money to have a really good running game.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Could Rush or White win with Zeke and our defense?

I definitely think so.

And if they could..

hmmmmm.

This is classic "everyone loves the backup QB" silliness. The most likely outcome for these scrubs isn't league average QB play, it's catastrophic failure.

This isn't even a defense of Dak really, 5th rounders and UFAs at QB are almost always totally worthless.

I get people not liking Dak but he's not, you know, NATHAN PETERMAN bad. Which is what these guys most likely are if you put them in the starting lineup. The odds that they're secretly the next Kurt Warner or even, well, TONY ROMO for that matter, are... incredibly low.

Hell, they're probably not the next, uh, Marc Bulger.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
This is still why I said in 2016 that zeke is great but ramsey would have been the better pick. I just think the RB position is the least valuable.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Yes for one reason. Dak’s current contract expires a year before Zeke’s. It’s that simple.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Of course you sign Dak first. You dont even sign Zeke unelss he's willing to take 11-12m a year. If not, let him play out his 5th year and tag him.