Video: Speak For Yourself-More deserving of a $30mil deal:Dak or Wentz

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Dak, 4th round pick, who strives to win and is healthy. Wentz traded for and went higher, cant speak as a first round pick because hes to injured.

Why is this a conversation? its either you like Dak, or you drool Wentz. I like Dak, Daks biggest fault, Linehan. This will be great for the Coach KM fans. Give him a season to see what he can do, than price your contracts on that. Dallas should pay the piper on this because its their show.

CB61

Reaction score
Neither of them deserve that kind of money the NFL owners need to stop handing out this kind of money. With that being said Prescott's numbers are impressive but I would hold off and see what he does this year we always have the franchise tag for another year Jerry has got to stop giving people 5 year 50 million-dollar contracts yes Prescott would get more but you get my point

CB61

Reaction score
Neither of them deserve that kind of money the NFL owners need to stop handing out this kind of money. With that being said Prescott's numbers are impressive but I would hold off and see what he does this year we always have the franchise tag for another year Jerry has got to stop giving people 5 year 50 million-dollar contracts yes Prescott would get more but you get my point
Another words let's see what we can have with a decent D more depth at the offensive line a play-caller who hasn't brain dead and that then let's see how he does and go from there before we gave him a five-year hundred and fifty million dollar deal

CB61

Reaction score
Dallas has worked so hard to stay out of that salary cap problem they created years ago let's not jump right back into the fire with someone who is not exactly proven yet

CB61

Reaction score
Dallas has worked so hard to stay out of that salary cap problem they created years ago let's not jump right back into the fire with someone who is not exactly proven yet
Same thing with Elliot Amari Cooper is a different story

CB61

Reaction score
Same thing with Elliot Amari Cooper is a different story
I wasn't exactly thrilled with the Demarcus Lawrence deal either but that's what the NFL made it with other pass-rushers I hope he just works out that's a lot of money

CB61

Reaction score
I understand players desire to be paid an injury can ruin your career at any time that's why you should finish college for one thing like Jaylon Smith did, put some money away don't spend it on frivolous things. But NFL salaries have gotten out of control way too much money for people who play a game albeit with a lot of risk but there are other people who work in this world that risk their life too and make nowhere near that money

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It must be really tough coming up with segments on Tv.

So Brady, Brees, Russell, Rogers and Luck are all capable of going to other teams with different coaches and players and duplicating their success.

So because Dak can't, hypothetically, he shouldn't be paid market value.

Do they know what market value means?

Isn't it always interesting how we all have different ideas of what value should be most important for 'market value'.

It's also interesting how some think DAK requires talent around him to succeed..

and then discounts his skill because he has other talent around him.

I have never seen this team play this game before.

Romo was not the same..but close.

We had to become so Romo Friendly we could not have a defense.

Just saying?

visionary

Reaction score
I have a crazy feeling (and I'm not saying I like it) that Dak is about to get 32.

I'm almost calling it. Again: I'm not advocating this, I just have that feeling.

So, you're advocating this?

OK

NOTED

Qcard

Reaction score
Isn't it always interesting how we all have different ideas of what value should be most important for 'market value'.

It's also interesting how some think DAK requires talent around him to succeed..

and then discounts his skill because he has other talent around him.

I have never seen this team play this game before.

Romo was not the same..but close.

We had to become so Romo Friendly we could not have a defense.

Just saying?
Awesome observation sir!
Yes sir... We built the Online and drafted Zeke for Romo. Tony couldn't win with lesser talent yet we gave him market value at the time...

The value point is so awesome!!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wiley makes a good point. It is better to pay Dak 30 million before it reaches 40 million. Of course there's risk to signing Dak to even 30 million, but it's the same risk with Wentz - even despite the injury.

Nothing about Wentz's play last year indicated he was a risk-free 30 million dollar investment either. He beat the Jaguars, Giants twice, and the Commanders. Wooopeeeee. The Colts win was the only really great thing he did all year, but otherwise he put up a 5-6 record.

And the Colts were playing poorly I believe when he beat them.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
QB is such a premium position in the NFL. Players deemed “franchise” get paid the going market rate regardless of whether they’re deserving or not (look at Kirk Cousins); teams are not going to put themselves in the position of having to scramble and find another QB by quibbling over a few million dollars per year.

Dak supporters shouldn’t interpret his impending new contract as a sign that he’s elite. Nor should Dak doubters get upset in thinking the team overpaid him.

You have to treat QBs like they’re a separate species when it comes to contracts.

HungryLion

Reaction score
QB is such a premium position in the NFL. Players deemed “franchise” get paid the going market rate regardless of whether they’re deserving or not (look at Kirk Cousins); teams are not going to put themselves in the position of having to scramble and find another QB by quibbling over a few million dollars per year.

Dak supporters shouldn’t interpret his impending new contract as a sign that he’s elite. Nor should Dak doubters get upset in thinking the team overpaid him.

You have to treat QBs like they’re a separate species when it comes to contracts.

Good post. I agree.

I also think people are being a bit unrealistic in feeling like signing him to an extension, dooms the franchise for many years to come. Even if Dak never improves or regresses, the deal will likely be structured, that it would be feasible to cut him after 3 seasons and draft a replacement, if the team felt it necessary to do so.

So even being extended probably really only marries the team to Dak for 3 years.

It’s not like it will mean they’re stuck with him for a decade.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Good post. I agree.

I also think people are being a bit unrealistic in feeling like signing him to an extension, dooms the franchise for many years to come. Even if Dak never improves or regresses, the deal will likely be structured, that it would be feasible to cut him after 3 seasons and draft a replacement, if the team felt it necessary to do so.

So even being extended probably really only marries the team to Dak for 3 years.

It’s not like it will mean they’re stuck with him for a decade.

The salary cap will also continue to increase (as it has the past six seasons) which helps teams to manage big ticket contracts.